IPL CSK wins - 'cause of Srinivasan?

RPHKR

National Board President
WELL, I am really tired of seeing the posts like CSK is winning because of BCCI president, Srinivasan.

What's the issue? - CSK is the most consistent and most valuable team in IPL and it had been in playoffs in all 5 seasons. It is owned by India cements, Srinivasan is one of the partner of it. Most people are fed up seeing the team winning and they say that it's because of Srinivasan.

Is it possible for the BCCI president to fix the matches with hell lot of people involving? C'mon haters of the team, please prove what you say....

RPHKR

National Board President
Then why do most guys who're not supporting the team exaggerate the rumor?

EDIT: I can list out at-least 25 posts in PC(thousands in fb) pointing out this.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BCCI won't investigate this issue for obvious reasons.

And if there is fixing, not many people are involved. You just need to 'buy' 1, 2 or a maximum of 3 players to ensure your team a victory.

And with the kind of powers the CSK owner cum BCCI president, N Srinivasan has, he does not even needs to spend bucks to cash in on some players of the opponents. He can simply tell them - do this and your name goes into the probables list for the national squad and you get a IPL price bracket promotion for the next season so that your base signing fee is increased.

I'm not saying that matches are certainly fixed, but with the kind of team CSK is, they certainly aren't even one of the strongest teams either in this IPL or even the previous seasons tbh. And then the way in which the so-called 'luck' favours them several times is massively fishy.

We the common people certainly cannot prove this. BCCI has to take an initiative in such issues but they obviously won't do it till Srinivasan is the president. We need Lalit Modi back to screw Srinivasan up.

In the end I'll just say that no BCCI official should be allowed to own a franchise. Pretty sure that even other owners feel this way but they can't speak about it because the IPL is owned by BCCI and no franchise owner would want to go against the BCCI president.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
For me, its this thing. Its a bigger embarassment (and probably the worst ever) if other teams (that too featuring iconic players like Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Kumble (as mentor)) and also ones featuring Sehwag, Gambhir, etc take money and allow CSK to keep dominating the IPL for 3 times in a row (seeing that the fixing theory is extending into this season too).

It takes two hands to clap. If CSK is fixing it, all these other teams are licking the shoe of Srinivasan and getting money off him, which is a worser thing than Srinivasan actually fixing it.

----------

Bitch please, if one could prove it, by now, IPL could have shut down.

That doesn't mean its true. What other way do you have to prove that its being fixed for CSK? If there is no other way, then its not fixed.

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't understand one thing, Lalit Modi was accused for having stakes in one or two teams as an IPL official. So, how can a BCCI head own a team!?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I don't understand one thing, Lalit Modi was accused for having stakes in one or two teams as an IPL official. So, how can a BCCI head own a team!?

He doesn't own CSK. He is a partner of India Cements, which owns CSK. And on Lalit Modi's case, he is not thrown out for his stakes in the Rajasthan team. He is thrown out for the financial irregularities that have happened when he was the IPL president.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
I think the IPL, due to it's nature, was going to be engrossed in controversy at some point, if this is as big as I think you make it out. The way people are following the IPL is not getting disimilar to that of football. I think when games reach climax like they do and people are taken to the edge, fans can't help it. In a few years time, the time, the respective franchises will develop their own faithful, if they haven't already, and then we'll get the die-hard hooligans who waste themselves over matches. Don't get me wrong, the IPL is an absolutely BOOMING business. But when you plaster sponsorship all over it, you're just asking for it. I mean, you call a six a 'DLF' and a catch a 'Carbon Kamaal' or whatever it is? Players have never mingled with so much money before. From this point, it's not about loyalty, it's about the CASH! Who's to to blame for everybody hyping? People blame Pakistan for match-fixing, but India has a whole underworld. If the ICC lacks the resources and can't police it, how can the BCCI? But it'd be more prone to fixing in the sub-continent due to corruption etc. This could be a regular occurence for all we know, but what can anyone do?

KBC

Panel of Selectors
IPL is that kind of a thing where the more rocks you try at it the bigger the fortress will become.

Sadly or not, you decide, but it's true. Controversies are not new to sport, and not to cricket, but when a growing business gets to have a couple of these they are bound to be under scrutiny. If IPL lasts another 5 years then we're looking at a stronghold that's too hard to breakdown, and the magnifying glass of suspicion will come down, in spite of the controversies it can carry with it. The CSK-Srinivasan issue is just the starting.

But on the other hand, CSK are very good at dramatic turnovers in the final phase of the league, they've proved themselves to be, and to think they had a third party helping them out to win them is silly.

Last edited:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Its quite ridiculous how lucky CSK have been to make it to the playoffs/semis in all editions. But to regard it is fixing is insulting to the whole sport. The fact is CSK is simply that good. Dhoni has been the most luckiest captain in the era of cricket and this has extended in IPL. There are numerous times when I have felt luck has miraculously saved India so does that mean the whole cricketing world is fixing?

However I dont think the head of BCCI should be holding stakes in any cricketing team. Its a simple conflict of interest which should be avoided.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I agree with the conflict of interest thing. Thats what creates all this nonsense talk. Srinivasan should quit India Cements, or India Cements should quit CSK. Its hard for a CSK fan to constantly hear this talk of 'fixing to help CSK', Whenever CSK does well, its put down to Srinivasan fixing it for them. Quite simply, ANNOYING!!

RPHKR

National Board President
And with the kind of powers the CSK owner cum BCCI president, N Srinivasan has, he does not even needs to spend bucks to cash in on some players of the opponents. He can simply tell them - do this and your name goes into the probables list for the national squad and you get a IPL price bracket promotion for the next season so that your base signing fee is increased.

Then how was Modi removed? He was the president.

BCCI is an organization in which every moves are NOT taken by a single person, the president. The powers are equalized. The president just supervises the works done. He doesn't have supreme powers.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
For me, its this thing. Its a bigger embarassment (and probably the worst ever) if other teams (that too featuring iconic players like Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Kumble (as mentor)) and also ones featuring Sehwag, Gambhir, etc take money and allow CSK to keep dominating the IPL for 3 times in a row (seeing that the fixing theory is extending into this season too).

It takes two hands to clap. If CSK is fixing it, all these other teams are licking the shoe of Srinivasan and getting money off him, which is a worser thing than Srinivasan actually fixing it.

Just a minute, if CSK needed to win, Srinivasan need not approach the RCB franchisee or so big names you have mentioned. A brief talk with their ex player can do the job (Yes, Muralidharan going expensive in his last over and that over making the difference).

Also, I cannot understand how could Kumble get involved in these things when he is not even entering field as player.

That doesn't mean its true. What other way do you have to prove that its being fixed for CSK? If there is no other way, then its not fixed.
It is pretty obvious that one cannot prove that the matches are being fixed. If one could prove it, the whole IPL could have shut down. This is just like asking a minister how much is his unofficial bank balance.

He doesn't own CSK. He is a partner of India Cements, which owns CSK. And on Lalit Modi's case, he is not thrown out for his stakes in the Rajasthan team. He is thrown out for the financial irregularities that have happened when he was the IPL president.

See, in general life, when you want to use political influence, you will take a influence letter from a minister, but you won't say you are son of minister, to use his influence. Just like that, when a BCCI head is partly owning a team, the probability is soo high that he turns the results into his favor.

Also the way things are going- very unnatural results, in fact you have agreed that DC creating another upset is next to impossible.

----------

Also in the auctions, when they do the secret bidding, I don't understand why they do not disclose the amount:spy.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
IPL as a whole is fixed, they did all to raise the TRP of this season, making 7/9 teams in contention for the playoffs, and now to ensure CSK / Srinivasan prestige is highly rated they made sure that they were in some how, and TBF IPL supports big pocket franchise, you got the balance CR it i will ensure your deal that's it, not only this some of the CLT20 matches where (IPL qualifiers) were involved too were fixed i need not tell which once but BCCI wanted its IPL teams in the semi's

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Just a minute, if CSK needed to win, Srinivasan need not approach the RCB franchisee or so big names you have mentioned. A brief talk with their ex player can do the job (Yes, Muralidharan going expensive in his last over and that over making the difference).

Also, I cannot understand how could Kumble get involved in these things when he is not even entering field as player.

It is pretty obvious that one cannot prove that the matches are being fixed. If one could prove it, the whole IPL could have shut down. This is just like asking a minister how much is his unofficial bank balance.

See, in general life, when you want to use political influence, you will take a influence letter from a minister, but you won't say you are son of minister, to use his influence. Just like that, when a BCCI head is partly owning a team, the probability is soo high that he turns the results into his favor.

Also the way things are going- very unnatural results, in fact you have agreed that DC creating another upset is next to impossible.

You're telling me that a guy like Murali is involved in fixing the match for RCB? A guy like Murali? No matter how much I have issues with his bowling action, he is one very clean guy that has existed in cricket.

I am not saying Kumble is involved. I am saying that if CSK is fixing it, this means the other teams obviously know about it and are accepting it for the money. Kumble is mentoring the side (RCB) and is involved in the team's tactical/strategic decisions (he was at the auction too involved in the buying of players)

No matter what you say, if you can't prove it, you just have to KEEP QUIET!!! When you can't prove it, how can you go about calling it 'fixing'? There has been no proper allegations from anyone who is involved with these games or who is close to these sides/franchises/people. The fans will always test their imagination skills by using the 'fixing' word whenever a team that they dont like gets the brush of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread