Story CSL: It's time for trades

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
I think the title sums it up. This is going to be a BBL|10 story/sim but it's in a three year old game.

FAQS:
* I will be playing the home team for each match, my father (who is actually not a bad player) will be away.
* International callups will be simulated as accurately as I can (I do have a peanut brain), and injuries will map to real time rather than in-game time as I can't predict those
* The matches will be Ten10 for time reasons

First match I will do tonight!

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Cool!

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
My screenshots from last night didn't upload yet, just waiting on them and then I'll post the game recap. Which I'm still quite salty about

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
They're finally up!

As we are mirroring the IRL schedule, the first game was Hurricanes-Sixers at Blundstone Oval.
The Sixers saw a pretty full strength lineup (save for Lyon and Starc, but do they every get to play them?) On the other hand, the Hurricanes were missing Matt Wade, Colin Ingram and Tim Paine. This meant a surprising decision to put Pete Handscomb at #1 for his debut game in Purple, and also meant recalls for Mac Wright and another Hobart debutant, Tim David.
fd10ee01-d04f-48e5-a0fd-deddfa36394d.PNG

The Hurricanes got off to a flier with Darcy Short picking up where he left off last year. His most impressive shot surely was a 99m hit over mid on off the bowling of Dan Christian. However, the Hurricanes maybe missed out a little bit at the other end. Handscomb played a good support knock before missing an attempt to improve the run rate with 2.5 overs to go and getting LBW to Ben Dwarshius. That remained the only wicket with Ben McDermott being busy at one end and Short reaching a two-a-ball 70 to kickstart the competition.
8e8d8cd3-a0c6-499e-b320-e43b411281f7.PNG

It was the opening three overs that hurt the Hurricanes the most, Handscomb wicket aside. They got 24 from them which is decent but had they been going at the same rate as the rest of the innings they'd have scored about 10-15 more runs. Dan Christian, though, absolutely copped it- Darcy Short in particular really liked his bowling
f56436ee-2719-48c6-8bff-acc23f94bdc1.PNG

If there were any concerns about the Hurricanes' total, Josh Philippe made them even more. He had to overcome Dan Hughes picking out Riley Meredith at long on trying to replicate Darcy Short's hit, off James Faulkner, but he rocketed to 35(9). However, his dismissal an over later, run out with a direct hit from Short at extra cover, for 38 caused a mini-collapse. Nathan Ellis came in immediately after and bowled the over of the match. Henriques was disimissed with a typical Ellis yorker, and then on the final ball of the over James Vince played a traditional James Vince shot- a clip straight to cover. However the Hurricanes then made a bad mistake in terms of strategy: they brought Keemo Paul back into the attack. And how terrible he was- 2 overs, 0/33 can be seen as costing his team the match. While a second runout did claim the wicket of Jordan Silk (this time attempting to scrounge a bye), Christian held firm and two sixes off Ellis' less successful second over sealed the deal, which was completed three balls into the next over.
af42b5d1-3580-434d-ba28-db016a551b63.PNG

f91ee2fc-d12c-4485-aca4-a806b6eb2a8a.PNG

So that's a win for the Sixers despite D'Arcy Short's MOTM-winning 70*. He goes to top scorer while Nathan Ellis leads the wicket standings, almost by default.
e248de9e-f1ec-45ce-b0df-abe803d7387b.PNG

The bonus point (the only of the three BBL10 rules that stay, for the reason that I can't implement the other two) goes to the Sixers too after Philippe's flying start.
I'll be doing a Google Sheet for this series- I'm still building it so I won't make it public yet. But the Sixers go top.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Good close game there...
I also created and playing T10 leagues {currently playing with Hundred league teams}... what i did with format is, I added 2 overs 2 powerplay... 1st one will apply first 2 over and 2nd powerplay will be on 5th and 6th overs... it is quite fun to play...

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
The first Canberra match was the Stars vs Heat. The Stars had a full strength lineup barring the Bairstow fiasco, while their opponents gave Max Bryant a recall after nearly a year, and Matt Kuhnemann his second ever game in place of Swepson.
1ce26a53-0211-4ef5-b610-caa24af1787a.PNG
1ce26a53-0211-4ef5-b610-caa24af1787a.PNG

And it was clear immediately that the pitch wasn't like Hobart's. After Stoinis was run out trying to pinch a run in the second over, the Stars top order collapsed like all of their finals campaigns in history. Ben Dunk, then Andre Fletcher, played carbon copy shots that found Mujeeb at deep mid wicket within three balls of each other. After putting Lewis Gregory to the fence twice, Maddinson then joined them, sweeping Mujeeb straight to square leg to leave the Stars 4/26 after just 21 balls. The job then for Maxwell and Pooran was to build a partnership and, helped by some wayward bowling from Mujeeb's second over, they put on 34. This was ended by Kuhnemann grabbing Maxwell as his first BBL wicket when he went after him too hard and hit it straight up in the air. Pooran departed shortly after too, hooking a Gregory bouncer straight to the young man at leg gully. Zampa thrilled the crowd with two fours hit rather unconventionally before picking another boundary-rider, while Cartwright and Coulternile hit a few lusty blows and raised the score to 101.
565df63c-021b-4f46-99b7-db157aa9291a.PNG

Morkel was the bowling standout; F bowlers can be expensive but he kept the runs down while also dismissing Dunk and Zampa.
f5da8d62-32b7-4f2b-a877-91499415789b.PNG

The Stars had managed to recover the innings to a score that would likely challenge the Heat given the pitch. It didn't faze Chris Lynn early. He struck some big hits off Coulter-Nile in particular, whose one over went for 16. However, the introduction of ex-Heat spinner Zahir Khan in the third over kept the runs down to a minimum, and an over later, Lynn, trying too hard to recover from the Khan over, found Zampa at deep square leg. Bryant and Lawrence steadied the ship but fell behind the required run rate (although not enough to cost them the bonus point). After a competent stand, Bryant this time went too big and he was dismissed by an excellent diving catch by Stoinis at long on.
At this point, the Heat were on 60- the same score the Stars lost their fifth wicket for. But if the Stars had a bad start, the Heat begun to have a bad finish from this point. Dan Lawrence hit a few good shots, mostly off Billy Stanlake, before picking out Nick Pooran at mid-on who took a good catch. Tom Cooper didn't quite get going to the strike rate needed and, on the last ball of the penultimate over, put one straight up in the air, rewarding Zahir's match winning spell with a wicket (2-0-6-1). The Heat needed 20 from the final over, and while Sam Heazlett hit a six, he was then run out trying to steal a bye. This left new batsman Lewis Gregory needing to score a 4 from his first delivery to have a chance of even tying, and he missed both he faced. The Stars had pulled off the comeback.
699c727d-ec9f-4632-85f8-d27bf59bf0b5.PNG

The results of the spinners and the mediums of Stoinis confirmed what we all knew- that the pitch was quite slow. Unfortunately for Coulter-Nile.
495378e0-028b-47aa-a2cf-01c8b54e1edb.PNG

Despite winning by a bigger margin than the Sixers, the Stars did not get the bonus point and as such, the Sixers keep their competition lead.
35eee5f6-3b1f-4c57-8948-e68f09e3894e.PNG

upload_2020-12-5_13-36-47.png

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
What can I say except that it's good banton wasn't available today

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Renegades vs Scorchers!
The Renegades fielded basically a full strength lineup but interestingly opted to pick Lalor over Pattinson (note: Noor Hossain is Noor Ahmad, I just couldn't find him on the repository), while Scorchers gave Josh Inglis the place vacated by Cam Green, as well as not having Ash Agar with that recent injury.
7d2a8cc3-fb0b-4a9b-8b59-004b2d68b019.PNG

The Scorchers went on an absolute flyer. Jason Roy proved why he was signed with a flying start while Inglis (with the exception of smashing Noor Ahmad around in the fifth) played the support role. Inglis departed in the seventh over while Roy went on the first ball of the ninth- both to identical catches by Aaron Finch at short mid wicket. In the final over, Cam Bancroft joined them trying to steal a run with two balls left, but thanks to him and Joe Clarke finishing the job the Scorchers got to 106. It should be noted- the Renegades also dropped Roy on 40 and Clarke on 6.
adac20d1-5701-4aab-8ac7-b13b6f084ce6.PNG

The pitch was the most even of the three played with by far- both quicks and spinners did well.
349af20f-6f86-40de-8689-5e486f238e11.PNG

In response, the Renegades got off to a similar start, being just two runs (and one wicket) behind at the halfway. Finch played a great innings, even better than Roy's, but he struggled for support. Firstly, Jhye Richardson got rid of Harper who picked out mid on in the third over. Shaun Marsh then spent the same amount of time in with only six balls faced, the sixth being chipped to mid off. Rilee Rossouw, despite missing three consecutive Tye balls in the eighth, finally gave Finch some support but Finch then began to slow down. Munro dismissed Rossouw with the first ball of the over after Rossouw gloved the ball into his helmet and straight up- however, Finch did not cross. Nabi got a single, then Finch missed the third. Frustrated, he set up on off stump- and was bowled around his legs. Sutherland was placed into a similar situation to Lewis Gregory the previous game and while he got closer, hitting a 4 and 6, he couldn't get the two sixes required for winning.
e377113a-1556-4c75-87d8-1373b799bae9.PNG

Ultimately, the downfall of the Renegades was only ever having one batsman up and going at any given point. There were definitely bowlers (most notably Fawad and Munro's second overs) that could have gone for more had they been fully faced by a on-song batsman.
f0809cb6-cea6-402e-89db-90c4131b08d3.PNG

Despite Munro's death over heroics, it was only ever between Roy and Finch for MOTM, and as Roy's side won, so did he.
be07b54b-2e65-455a-bc09-d957c66f6594.PNG

upload_2020-12-6_14-58-41.png

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I'm the home team for each game, while dad is away.

Which makes that game even more unfortunate
If possible can you make chart of who wins most and total score from all the games... It will be interesting to see, who lead the season in the end...

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
We keep clutching it one way or another
Stars vs Thunder!
The Stars played an unchanged lineup while the Thunder played effectively a full strength lineup.
a85f001a-01dd-495c-b37c-222a6fb0245a.PNG

The Stars started off well which I guess is what happens when you don't run Stoinis out in the second over. In fact, right up until the fall of the second wicket, the Stars were motoring. Both Stoinis and Dunk were caught at mid-wicket by Milne and it was as if nobody could settle after that. Fletcher missed a Cook arm ball the next over, Maxwell put the ball straight up from the final ball of Cook's first over, Pooran was run out trying to steal a run, an Cartwright was bowled trying to heave Milne to the mid-wicket boundary. To cap it off, Maddinson was floundering at the other end, with some hittable balls from Cook missed by a long way. However, he redeemed himself against Tremain in the final over. It seemed like in the fast-medium of tremain was a bowling style that Maddinson could read and he hit .44664 to make 24 runs from the final over and give the Stars a chance.
512e3688-5474-4c42-85c7-3478da95e710.PNG

With the exception of the unfortunate Tremain, everyone bowled well for the Thunder, particularily Jono Cook who proved it was a spinner's pitch.
5ce8e164-70a3-4cb8-baa6-45174053ee77.PNG

The Thunder innings actually mirrored the Stars'. The openers got off to a good start before Hales mistimed a Zahir ball in the third over and gifted a catch to Maddinson at mid on. The rot then really set in when Khawaja, who was set, was the victim of a direct hit from the mid-wicket boundary. Then, in the fifth over, Maxwell dismissed both Ross (caught at short mid) and Ferguson (mid on). While Billings did get going on the way to the highest score of the match, not only was the bonus point already lost, but nobody else did. Cutting immediately picked Maxwell at long off for the most appropriate Thunder debut (coming from a Heat fan). Sams played a couple of nice shots but struggled with spin and, after a review was not overturned by the Stars, was dismissed even more plumbly three balls later. Chris Green and Billings stayed in for an over and a half but with 17 needed from the final over, they had to go. Green went after scoring a boundary from the first ball of the over, while on the fourth, Billings was run out trying to take a two (with 13 from 3 needed before that ball). Obviously neither Tremain nor Cook could clear the fence and the Stars picked up their second win on the bounce.
4e304a24-427b-4e77-a5e8-a4b573c28abe.PNG

Zahir Khan was once again the best of the bowlers, but today it was a good bunch- Stanlake, Zahir, Maxwell and Stoinis all performed decently.
449442f6-a3b8-41d0-8e8c-2b2af9af0b6c.PNG

Again, I'm going to overrule the game's decision for MOTM- both Zahir and Maddinson performed better than Maxwell. Simply because of Maddinson vs Cook though, I'll go Zahir again.
1876a94b-4a85-440c-88b6-deca339d19b9.PNG

upload_2020-12-9_6-7-17.png

Oh yeah, and here's the Google Sheet I've been making for this!
BBL but Ashes Cricket - Google Sheets

Users who are viewing this thread