Custom Fielding

cpt crash

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Am I the only to get this? (Not seen a thread on it so far)

When seleting a field layout, I noticed that all of my batters took up boundary positions and all the bowlers were in the slips/gully/short leg. I didnt like this so I created a custom field putting the likes of Tescothink at slip where he belongs, however as soon as you save this and use that custom field, it moves a bowler back to that position. Trescothik ends up on the boundary again.

Basically, you can put fielders where you want them, but the game choses which players they are. Dont like this. Anyone else seen this or know of a patch?

Furthermore, if I play Schofield, I cannot change the field at all. This is a good game but riddled with bugs!

Last edited:
cpt crash said:
Furthermore, if I play Schofield, I cannot change the field at all. This is a good game but riddled with bugs!

Lol, just do a quick search of the forums :rtfl

i dont find this, and found that the way they put the bowler who is bowling at the other end(in a test match) is always the only man deep, all batsman are cathing, and bowlers are saving one or catching!?

Didnt find anything in the forum. Does no-one else gets this then? I will ponit out that I am usiung a team that I created myself, does this make a difference?

happens to me a lot.....but for e.g. if i have Pollock ond Boje bowling M.Nitni woul be at slips along with J.Otong or De Bruyn.............try this-keep your two opening bats same and keep all your catching fielders at positions 8, 9, 10 and 11.......they might be catching and when your turn to bat modify the lineup........simple enuff i think................yet to try it myself tho.............

i suppose this happens because each player has his own positions assigned by the game,that is why you can't change his position. In create a player mode if you create a player with geneal fielding position then you can place him any where

ZoraxDoom said:
happens to me a lot.....but for e.g. if i have Pollock ond Boje bowling M.Nitni would be at slips along with J.Otong or De Bruyn.............try this-keep your two opening bats same and keep all your catching fielders at positions 8, 9, 10 and 11.......they might be catching and when your turn to bat modify the lineup........simple enuff i think................yet to try it myself tho.............
Tried it and it worked: Jhonty Rhodes at 11 and Kallis at 10 made them my slips, No.9 Klusener at backward point and Rudolph at 8 at Gully........

You can always change batting order when it is your turn to bat:)

Users who are viewing this thread