Darrell Hair reinstated as Test Match Umpire

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Darrell Hair will return to umpiring in Tests and ODIs after the ICC decided that he had successfully completed a six-month rehabilitation period. Hair has not stood in a major match since the Oval Test between England and Pakistan in 2006 when he and Billy Doctrove penalised Pakistan for ball-tampering.

Hair withdrew his allegations of racial discrimination against the ICC - with whom he is contracted till March 2009 - seven days into a tribunal in London last October. It was then recommended that he enter a period of rehabilitation. While he was never removed from the ICC's Elite panel, he was in effect isolated as it was made clear he would not be appointed to any game involving a Full Member.

SOURCE: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/343055.html

I think the ICC need to be careful on this one. I think he will have to do some tests not involving the Sub contitent sides first to prove to them whether he has changed or not after the rehabilitation. It's certainly too early for him to go in Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh for tests. He maybe a wanted man over there for the "ball-tampering" incident.

Hair is arguably a better decision maker on the field than Steve Bucknor, it is just his off the field acts that have been controversial. No balling Muralidaran for a suspect action and accusing Pakistan of ball tampering are not things that show him to be a bad umpire. He is welcome to umpire the Tests between England and South Africa this year.

Sorry to say I have lost my respect for this guy.

Please don't ever umpire Pakistan and you'll be fine. Good luck!

How racist is that!

good to see you back Hair, first game Pakistan V Sri Lanka please, call Murali and the Pakistan team.

Personally I'm glad he's back, not only is he one of the best umpires in the world, he also has big kahuna's.

1013395896a3963743580b292935552m.jpg

Darrell Hair is the best!.....

Hair is arguably a better decision maker on the field than Steve Bucknor, it is just his off the field acts that have been controversial. No balling Muralidaran for a suspect action and accusing Pakistan of ball tampering are not things that show him to be a bad umpire. He is welcome to umpire the Tests between England and South Africa this year.

Rather not, thanks.

He's statistically the best umpire on the panel now taking his past record into account.

Good to see some controversies back in the cricket..We soon gonna hear more news...These time may be Srilanka or India!!!

hair's error of judgement was to not let the ball tampering charge wait until after the day's play. He should have consulted with the match referee as well as his umpiring partner. Aside from that he's technically a very good umpire. Bucknor is no longer a good judge.

Hair today there tomorrow. Hes my fav umpire after Porky Parker as he has Stone Cold looks with the fat.

Welcome back cos not many good umpires out there.

Thank god he is back. One of the only competent umpires going around, and the only one who has the balls to call out the cheaters in the game.

Isn't it funny though, that probably the two best umpires going around, are from here.

Users who are viewing this thread