Darrell Hair reinstated as Test Match Umpire

Thank god he is back. One of the only competent umpires going around, and the only one who has the balls to call out the cheaters in the game.

I do agree with you on this, and was really sad when he resigned. Now that he is back I'm hoping we will stop seeing such appaling decisions being made.

Last edited:
:rtfl :laugh

:rolleyes:

What's so funny, tom? Did you have a look at England's/Scotland's record in the World Cup or something? Lolz I know how you feel, quite the laugh eh?
smirk.gif

But really, you couldn't have been laughing at the comment, because unlike most my posts on here, that one actually had substance to it.

What's so funny, tom? Did you have a look at England's/Scotland's record in the World Cup or something? Lolz I know how you feel, quite the laugh eh?
smirk.gif

But really, you couldn't have been laughing at the comment, because unlike most my posts on here, that one actually had substance to it.

That's why I edited it ;)

Fantastic to see Hair back, especially with the possible retirement of Simon Taufel, which would make Hair the best umpire in the world. According to the ICC's rankings when Hair was sacked, he was the second best umpire in the world, and on percentage of correct decisions, he was number 1.

Definitely a big win for cricket.

Fantastic to see him back. He never should have been dropped in the bloody first place. Welcome back Darrel.

Fantastic to see him back. He never should have been dropped in the bloody first place. Welcome back Darrel.

he was kicked because he saw money before everything in cricket.

The bloody truth is infront of you and yet you blinded wtF?

he was kicked because he saw money before everything in cricket.

The bloody truth is infront of you and yet you blinded wtF?

What on satan's good earth has money got to do with ANYTHING about this?

He made a decision regarding ball tampering that he was completely entitled to do, yet because the Pakistan cricket team are such babies they ultimately cost him his job.

He made a decision regarding ball tampering that he was completely entitled to do, yet because the Pakistan cricket team are such babies they ultimately cost him his job.
Nope... what ultimately cost him the job was the fact that he made the decision that he was completely entitled to without any proof.

To him, the marks on the ball were proof. I'm not saying Pakistan did tamper but you can't always catch someone in the act so. You can't go tip-toeing around everyone because you think it might cause a backlash. Hair had the balls to do what he did.

He's apparently not umpiring Pakistan. Am I the only one who finds that unfair? Next thing, India will stop Bucknor umpiring them and a few years down the line, some of these umpires won't be able to umpire anyone.

I say it's tough luck if he's rostered to do a Pakistan game myself. People arn't really THAT pathetic that they still hold grudges?

Users who are viewing this thread