Darrell Hair returns to test matches

oh noes teh hax0r is back!!!1!!

That's what Usy would say ight now if he was a counterstrike n00b.

I'll be taking a banner to the Old Trafford test praising Daryl Hair and how much of a legend he is.

maan just wat i wasnt asking for, he is a good umpire i admit, but he downgraded pakistan cricket. well thats the way we pakistanis felt anyways. we werent ball tampering and he just wudnt listen, and plus gave 5 runs to england. another incident is with murali, his action had passed the icc thingy, but the guy still gave him no bal. despite this i hope the new Mr. Darrel Hair is as good as the other elite umpires. now i hope this was constructive tom

Yeah it wasn't complete bias crap :)

thanks bro it relly lightens up me hart
especially since im probably the only guy in pc that has over 100 posts and a red dot to his name!!

aww man
ic cant even play arcade games because of my rep!!

Last edited:
I have my reservations about Hair as a person, but as long as he remains within the rules - which he has done in his career, no one truly has a right to complain about him officiating in international matches.

as far as getting decisions right such as LBW, then hair is a very very good unpire, better than most, but because he has made a couple of huge decisions in the pakistan situation and murali chucking he will always be followed by a black cloud, in both cases he really really could of handled the situation better, and the fact that everyone is going to be talking about the unpire and not the cricket on the opening day of the 2nd test can only be a bad thing, his contract runs till sometime in 2009, and unless he unpires extremly well i doubt he will be given a new one. i wonder if he will stand in a pakistan game any time soon lol

as far as getting decisions right such as LBW, then hair is a very very good unpire, better than most, but because he has made a couple of huge decisions in the pakistan situation and murali chucking he will always be followed by a black cloud, in both cases he really really could of handled the situation better, and the fact that everyone is going to be talking about the unpire and not the cricket on the opening day of the 2nd test can only be a bad thing, his contract runs till sometime in 2009, and unless he unpires extremly well i doubt he will be given a new one. i wonder if he will stand in a pakistan game any time soon lol

about lbw decisions. he denied kaneria of a hattrick. wat happened was that on the third ball the ball was going to the stumps hit the pad. darrel said not out. but when i saw the replay even the commentators were saying it ws out. but anyways 1 rong decision dosnt make a person bad. the pakistan cricket board talked about this and he will not be standing in pakistan matches at all

but its not up to the pakistan cricket board is it! and absolutly no country should have any say as all in who umpirs there matches

I have my reservations about Hair as a person, but as long as he remains within the rules - which he has done in his career, no one truly has a right to complain about him officiating in international matches.
I think that's a great attitude to have then. By all means you may dislike the guy, but questioning his right to umpire matches is ridiculous. One of the best decision makers in the world, and certainly I respect him a lot for making it back and for the courage it took to make such a decision. The sport has lost a hell of a lot of integrity in the past couple of years, especially lately, so it's great to see someone with the determination and, as I keep saying over and over, courage to make a decision that could prove controversial, but that he believes in.

Whether you believe in the decision or not, it's certainly great to see an umpire who is willing to make those tough calls.

Good to see him come back. He is an excellent umpire who was unjustly punished for calling it as he saw it. In my opinion, Pakistan lost any inkling of high ground the moment they refused to play. Any grievances should have been dealt with after the game, and they gave the umps no choice but to follow the rules and make the match a forfeit. Cricket needs more strong umpires and less that bend to whatever the players tell them to do. If only all umpires had the big brass ones that Hair has.

Shahid Nazir is hand of God.

Wasim Akram is hand of God.

evertonfan has no rights.

I feel no offence when you call me that ;).

Users who are viewing this thread