DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

So are we good to start a career on PS 4 or I better wait for patch 4? I don't want to go halfway through a career and start over.

1.2gb update on ps4.. boy i can't wait.

I get 50 and 100 mentions in career. Not all the time though. Had no mention on 150, and then congrats when I got 200. PS4 career.

That is really disappointing! Edit:for the 150

Last edited:
I just got the Patch - 3 on my Xbox One. Playing a casual match, noticed Virat Kohli get a direct hit run out with his left hand. talk about weird !

Ok I can't play an on drive without edging it behind now. Cover drive is good.
And I can't square drive anymore. He does a cover drive animation but the ball goes square. Looks like he edges it but it's middle of the bat.

I am playing career mode at veteran level and with difficulty set at Hard level. The batting is really tricky with the Patch 3 installed. The shots that were easy to play earlier particularly the Leg side strokes are now very hard to hit. Also, playing the drive against spin is more challenging as the batsman opens up the stance and therefore leaves the wickets exposed. Batting therefore is even more challenging now and not in a pleasing manner.

First of all thanks for the patch. Continued playing through the test match where I was bowling 2nd innings. Noticed below

1. Is the reaction time for keeper to catch the ball has been reduced? Did anyone notice the difference?
I dropped couple of catches.

2. When AI tries to hit to mid-wicket or mid-on region, they often gets inside edge to pad and ball drops on the pitch.

3. Bowled 25 overs and there is no instance of mini game during fielding the ball which I feel doesn't make fielding interesting anymore with semi assisted setting. Wondering why this was tampered with.

Haven't tried batting yet.

First of all thanks for the patch. Continued playing through the test match where I was bowling 2nd innings. Noticed below

1. Is the reaction time for keeper to catch the ball has been reduced? Did anyone notice the difference?
I dropped couple of catches.

2. When AI tries to hit to mid-wicket or mid-on region, they often gets inside edge to pad and ball drops on the pitch.

3. Bowled 25 overs and there is no instance of mini game during fielding the ball which I feel doesn't make fielding interesting anymore with semi assisted setting. Wondering why this was tampered with.

Haven't tried batting yet.
The 2nd point that u have mentioned also happens with user batting. While hitting the ball between midwicket and mid on, many a times the ball inside edges to the pads and drops on the ground

Many thanks for the player stats in career mode, including them coming up when your player comes onto bowl.

The extra info. on the screen re: projected totals is great too.

Also, the Manage Squad pane is a lot easier now, being able to delete or add with either L1 or R1 and the roster breakdown on the right is really useful too.

Many thanks for continued efforts and valuing customer feedback Big Ant.

Last edited:
I am playing career mode at veteran level and with difficulty set at Hard level. The batting is really tricky with the Patch 3 installed. The shots that were easy to play earlier particularly the Leg side strokes are now very hard to hit. Also, playing the drive against spin is more challenging as the batsman opens up the stance and therefore leaves the wickets exposed. Batting therefore is even more challenging now and not in a pleasing manner.
Totally agree

Seriously this is starting to get super frustrating with the straight drives now. 90% of the time the batsman backs away. The bowler bowls full and straight and you can't drive it straight? It doesn't matter if it's a lofted shot or not. The cover drive is a nice feature but they shouldn't have tempered with the rest of it. Games are supposed to go forwards after patches right? Not backwards twice.

Also casual games will still not work for me. They keep crashing every time I try to play one after I press proceed at the Match Setting pop up. It's been doing that ever since the Patch 1.02 came out. I would've thought this patch would have fixed this since this patch took forever to come out.

Who do I directly complain to? Big Ant? Tru Blu? Cause I'm sick of this.
I can hit straight drives perfectly fine[DOUBLEPOST=1485285531][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone else played the switch hit / reverse pull style shot ? I've played it a couple of times not entirely sure of the exact controls but seems to play it when it's a green delivery fairly straight and you try and cut. I hit a beauty over point for a once bounce 4 using aggressive shots. Got caught from a inside edge driving a ball not there to drive- which looked realistic. The best addition was an attempted cut that flew off the outside edge through 3rd slip for 4- very cool

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread