DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

Just home from work and dying to install patch 3 after my tea. Are there still the silly shots and the cut shot for 6 off a yorker? That annoyed me a bit. I love the game and am glad there are differences to dbc14, would be no point in it being the same game, even though dbc14 was excellent

I am playing career mode at veteran level and with difficulty set at Hard level. The batting is really tricky with the Patch 3 installed. The shots that were easy to play earlier particularly the Leg side strokes are now very hard to hit. Also, playing the drive against spin is more challenging as the batsman opens up the stance and therefore leaves the wickets exposed. Batting therefore is even more challenging now and not in a pleasing manner.
Definitely more difficult, I played a five5 game where I'd usually get in excess of 50 on those difficulty settings. I was bowled out for 25, a lot being run outs, so looks like the AI fielding has improved. Might have to start at a lower difficulty and work back up which isn't a bad thing. Good updates!

This is one of the fixes I wanted in the game. Good to know that they have upped the fielding with the patch. Cant want to get home and try the new update..

batting is far better now. The easy legs use shots are risky now. Tried to aggressivly pull a short ball. Got a thick edge and caught on boundary. Batting on hard is much tougher now. Went back to medium and started new career. Got first 50 as top order batsman After few games. Spinners a easier to play now IMO With being able to play down the ground... and drives are also effective now. Thank you big ant! this game is getting better all the time

I would still like to see different career stats with international and first class, I walk out to play my first couple international innings and there is no international average it's always stays as first class can we have that seperate.

Cant seem to play an on drive like before or a late cut, what am I doing wrong? Keeps cover driving instead of cutting

kits are incorrect for me. Worked pre patch but now in FC matches I have the one day kits when playing four day stuff when they should be in whites

kits are incorrect for me. Worked pre patch but now in FC matches I have the one day kits when playing four day stuff when they should be in whites
Same here, continuing a career and kits are now wrong, doesn't bother me too much but did hit out in a 4day game thinking it was limited overs to start with haha

Hopefully as this issue has affected current careers, the fix will also fix current careers too.

EDIT: Looks like this issue has been resolved in a patch today for the PC version. Hopefully won't be too long before this fix comes to consoles. Also looks like it fixed it for current careers which means I should be safe to finally get my proper career mode started, now that the duplicate players issue has been resolved.

Last edited:
In the couple of games i played in continuing career last night on easy with batting stats all 3/4 full really struggled some things just wierd shot, timed and footwork all perfect sounded meaty off the middle like its should fly off the bat dropped at my feet bowler ran into collect it. Have a good chance next few days see ifs i can't post some videos

It seems that attempting to cut anything wide off a spinner still results in a wicket (caught behind by keeper) very close to everytime. It's happened to me 5 times from 5 tries in 2 games.

Don't play cut shots against the spinners. Not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread