dds compatibility with Paint Shop Pro

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys, I'm having a problem with getting Paint Shop Pro 7 compatible with dds files.

Firstly, I have installed the nVidia DDS plugins, problem is, there are no instructions of where to place the files for the plug in to work.

Secondly, I then tried a '3DS Max DDS Plugin' but I don't have 3DS Max.

I then downloaded the directx sdk update/program thing, hoping that it would work, after I installed it and tried to open a dds file, I still got the same error 'the specified file cannot be identified as a supported type'

Any suggestions or help?

EDIT - I have tried the dds converter, but it looses the transparency in the dds file.

Last edited:

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Use the Baggi Studios inbuilt .dds converter. It converts it to .png and it always seems to work for me!

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
The problem is, when editing helmets and overlays there are transparent bits in them, these bits only keep their transparency when the file is kept in dds format.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I tried it in PSP as well but it was dam hard to figure out. I couldn't figure it out in the end so I changed to Photoshop.
I did manage to get it to open in Paint shop but saving it just wouldn't happen for me.

Last edited:

hondeyho

International Cricketer
What exactly has that got to do with this topic! With the transparency part convert to .gif. That has transparency doesn't it?

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Got the download and I couldn't get it to work for a while... I then realised my 'Plugins' folder ws incorrectly named 'Plug-ins'. Now that I have it working, its wonderful! Thanks alot Prakash!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread