A quick tut to get modding in DBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

grkrama

National Board President
This is a quick tip to get started.

1.First up go to the the directory were dbc demo is installed you will find a DBC textures.zip file.
attachment.php

attachment.php

2.Extract DBCtexture.zip file to a folder of your convenience.

3.Now go to C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games and create a folder named "Don Bradman Cricket 14"

substitute xxxx with your username.

4.Now press "win key+r" and type cmd.

5.once in command prompt type
xcopy /t /e "source" "destination"

source= the place were you extracted the dbctexture.zip

ex:xcopy /t /e "H:\dbc14_textures" "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14"

attachment.php

what this command does is create the directory structure of texture folder in DBC14 folder without copying the files inside.

attachment.php

this helps to avoid crashing of academy, by not putting all texture in the DBC folder.
This will help a lot when you are going to mod a lot of things.
once this is done you are all set to start modding.

Now to start editing and modding go to the place were you first extracted DBC folder and look at the files most are self explanatory like logos, sponsors etc.

==>>To open the .dds files you need dds plugin for photoshop.

https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

Once you open the file in photoshop you will get an understanding of the template. So then you can just start creating directly as a png or jpg and convert it to dds instead of working directly on a dds file(you can do that also).

Lets start with modding a bat.

1.It consists of three components

a.)Bat wood texture:ex: currentgen.dds dont think these needed to be modded as of now.

b.)grip pattern:ex: patern00.dds this helps in adjusting the patter on the grip

c.)Sponsors:ex: parmark.dds this is the bat sticker and editing this will give us our desired sponsors on the bat.

2.You can open one of the sponsors.dds to get an idea of the bat template.

For bats this is the template.(provided by mattw)

attachment.php

3.Use it as a layer in photoshop and Place the images accordingly [you can find bat stickers by googling them]
attachment.php

4.Once you have made it, convert it to .dds using this dds converter tool

DDS Converter | vvvv

convert the image to .dds use dxt 5 clamp.

attachment.php

5.Now rename the .dds to the corresponding sponsors.dds
and place it in the respective directory in the texture folder in the DBC14 folder in MyDocuments.
attachment.php

6.Thats it and your new bat can be checked in the academy.
attachment.php

if you want to edit grip pattern edit the pattern file in bats folder.

The procedure is similar for all the elements like logos kits etc.you just have to find the respective file and do the edits, those with a know how of photoshop or any good image editor should be able to do it easily.

p.s; im not great with tuts.hope this helps.

NOTE :Its always best practice to use the default image sizes, always use the default files as template or reference, for example for bat its best to use the default 512*1024 size.
sizes that are too large than default ones wont be recognized by the Academy and they will revert to default images.

Attachments

• 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,981
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 2,971
  • bat-template.png
    bat-template.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,623
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 2,946
  • cavalier_col.png
    cavalier_col.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 148
  • logifund_col.png
    logifund_col.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 3,032
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 2,916
  • spar1.jpg
    spar1.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 2,913
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 3,021
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 2,462
  • bat template.png
    bat template.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,478
Last edited:

asheswonder

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
with all this in mind admins please start a DL thread regardless of actual PC release date - thanks

Hapeteers

Club Cricketer
5.once in command prompt type
xcopy /t /e "source" "destination"
source= the place were you extracted the dbctexture.zip
ex:xcopy /t /e "H:\dbc14_textures" "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14"
what this command does is create the directory structure of texture folder in DBC14 folder without copying the files inside.

Hi guys.

I need some help with this please. what must I select as my "source" and "destination"?

I have extracted the textures in a folder (dbc14) on my desktop and created the don bradman cricket 14 folder in My games.

I set my destination to the dbc folder I created in My games and my source is the dbc folder on my desktop.

There's a line that asks if my destination is a file name or destination name, and which ever I select, it's invalid.

thank you

Last edited:

talhakhank

School Cricketer
I have a question. When I make the dds file and placed it in the folder it is not showing in the academy. So do I have to replace the file with any other file or can I add unlimited mods and all will show there?

grkrama

National Board President
I have a question. When I make the dds file and placed it in the folder it is not showing in the academy. So do I have to replace the file with any other file or can I add unlimited mods and all will show there?
you have to name the file as one of the existing files in the actual texture folder,

For ex: if its a bat sponsor,
name it as parmark_col.dds and place it in the sponsors folder in my games.As of now you can only replace existing ones not add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread