Deleted member 9102

CA logo I enlarged and tidied up.

sT7nwsR.png

sarkazm

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Madman.
I'm going to pick your brains again with another mod question. I can't remember if I read somewhere on here about alpha channels for kits and I don't really know if that is the reason, but I have a problem with and a question about kit making. I've being playing around with a little kit mod - and I have a fairly OK understanding of photoshop - and I've followed the advice I found somewhere regards using red, blue, green and black colours on the template and that's all good, but I have a problem. The kit I'm mucking around with only needs to use the first 3 colours and after I've saved, converted and copied into appropriate DBC folder, and gone into the academy to try it out what happens is the first 3 colours are fine but the 4th colour for some reason colours over the whole kit - hope that's understandable. Is there some change or other you need to do with the original photoshop file before you save it? Or some box to tick in the dds convertor?
Sorry if I haven't explained this very well. Any help would be fantastic.
Cheers.

D

Deleted member 9102

I haven't touched the kit files or any with the red/green/blue parts yet so can't talk from experience.

Although the kit only uses 3 of the colours, have you put the 4th one in the texture anywhere? You could probably put a bit of it anywhere and then ingame just choose the same colour as the one around it so it is essentially invisible. If it requires an alpha channel then you'll have to use DXT5 or DXT3 when saving and to see how the alpha selection needs to be applied perhaps you could look at some of the default files and load their alpha channels in Photoshop?

Last edited by a moderator:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
My understanding is that you get to 4 colours through any combination of pure red/blue/green/black/transparent - which then map to the four colours you can set in the academy.

I've not done any kit editing other than looking at them when adding them to the game.

sarkazm

Club Captain
I haven't touched the kit files or any with the red/green/blue parts yet so can't talk from experience.

Although the kit only uses 3 of the colours, have you put the 4th one in the texture anywhere? You could probably put a bit of it anywhere and then ingame just choose the same colour as the one around it so it is essentially invisible. If it requires an alpha channel then you'll have to use DXT5 or DXT3 when saving and to see how the alpha selection needs to be applied perhaps you could look at some of the default files and load their alpha channels in Photoshop?
Cheers. I will play around with that and see how I go.

Thanks MattW.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
If you have no black on your template, make sure your alpha channel is completely black

Sourabh007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
how to make team shirts? Please answer this because i want to make some shirts.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
And have you tried using the templates provided?

Sourabh007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
i don't know how to make team shirts. tell me process

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Again....have you tried using the templates available on here and the already existing uniform files available?

Users who are viewing this thread