MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I couldn't get changing the sponsors to work, but changing the colour of the ball does!
SJ4iEMi.jpg

D

Deleted member 9102

load the alpha channel

attachment.php
Thanks - I've figured that out now and can select this part of the files.

Do you know what sort of adjustments you would have to make to the file to produce the desired results? I have no idea what to do after selecting that area of the image.

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I figured it would just involve swapping one texture for another, anything more than that confuses me :p.

Last edited by a moderator:

grkrama

National Board President
not at all i haven't looked into balls till you mentioned, will try out and tell.
my guess would be to have a golden texture for inscribing,in this case that default texture should do, just changing the alpha texture according to your logo should get desired results would be my guess.

----------

I couldn't get changing the sponsors to work
did you try changing the alpha channel, is it not working after changing that .

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
did you try changing the alpha channel, is it not working after changing that .
I don't use Photoshop so converted the dds to png to try editing - which outputted a PNG that looked exactly like the preview thumbnail - which works fine for most things but wouldn't work with the ball sponsors.

Obviously there might be some editing types that require having software that can deal with DDS files natively.

D

Deleted member 9102

Thanks for your help - I'll give something a go either later today or tomorrow and see what happens.

The ball sponsor is only a tiny detail really as you can only see it on very close-up replays but thought I'd give it a go nonetheless.

D

Deleted member 9102

Couldn't get it to work - I saved different Alpha selections but it still displayed the original ball sponsor logos ingame. There's also a Big Ant logo on one side of the ball which I think isn't in the dbc14_textures archive so I don't know how this would be edited.

The football is on in 30 minutes so I won't be doing anything while that's on :p.

D

Deleted member 9102

Just to double check, where are the textures supposed to go? I tried putting them in the .zip archive inside the game's installation directory, and I also tried putting them in the folder inside of the Documents folder (having set it up as it says in the first post).

Nothing I've tried so far has worked but I did manage to make the ball go invisible once when looking at the replays, so that's something!

Also, there seems to be loads of stuff we can't mod (yet), such as boundary ropes, adboards, pitch ads and a variety of textures (like the Big Ant stumps/ball sponsor). Hopefully these things will be moddable soon.

grkrama

National Board President
Just tried it not working, you have to put in the sponsors folder for balls inside my documents, but the game is not loading it and like you said there is big ant logo on one side so what we are getting is just half the ball.

Think the game is not loading the external file, same case with BAT wood texture too.
ya ross has said he will start opening stuff up gradually as updates.
attachment.php

@BigAntStudios // ross bit of help needed here, the ball sponsors and bat wood texture file when replaced doesn't seem to be recognized by the game.

Attachments

• cav.JPG
    cav.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 1,344
  • cavalier_col.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
I don't use Photoshop so converted the dds to png to try editing - which outputted a PNG that looked exactly like the preview thumbnail - which works fine for most things but wouldn't work with the ball sponsors.

Obviously there might be some editing types that require having software that can deal with DDS files natively.

it should work with this sponsors thing with png as long as the png image you are getting is looking same as dds file. They have used alpha channel mostly to reduce work of texturing the logos for each ball.

i think the issue is DBC is not recognizing it, same with bat wood texture too.

D

Deleted member 9102

In the Academy in the part where you can modify the match types, if you go to Test for example then scroll to the bottom then you can modify stuff like the ball colour, change the Big Ant logo on the other side to a 'Bradman Museum' one and switch between the ball sponsors, but still no luck on getting any modded ones to appear ingame.

I think I'll hold off on trying to mod the ball for now if the textures aren't being recognised by the game and maybe go back to that at some point. I may have a go at making some stumps tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to when this community really gets its teeth into modding this game comprehensively and I'm eager to see what Big Ant/PlanetCricket have in the pipeline on this front.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think for PC, the sky is the limit as far as what could be possible. The install size is less than 2 gigs so really there is room for so much that Big Ant could open up for modding, including manually adding room for more kits etc.

The problem I think will be the console versions. Certainly the PS3 at least, since very little data is actually installed to the HDD even compared to the small PC install. Big Ant would need to make sure that kits/balls/bats etc would still be shareable through CA eventually. I'm sure once they have worked this out, then more and more options will become available.

D

Deleted member 9102

PES has some pretty good option files for console - I played the 2011 and 2013 versions on Xbox 360 and there were high quality files which fixed all of the names, emblems and kits and just required copy-pasting from a USB stick to the console. I imagine those sorts of things should be possible with the console versions at some point.

To be honest I'd be surprised if there were graphical mods such as kits/emblems available directly through the Academy for legal/copyright reasons - I'm already (pleasantly) surprised that they get away with providing player names and likenesses so easily through the game itself with the 'Get Best' feature. I'm no legal expert and don't know how it all works but no other sports game with fake names has had such a feature to my knowledge.

I remember at one point there being a legal fuss kicked up by the EPL/FA when the Konami affiliate forum/website 'PESFan' was seen to be supporting the discussion and distribution of PES files which corrected the player names etc. so there's no way they would have been able to provide a means to acquire such stuff through the game itself.

This site has been excellent for mods over the years and Big Ant seem to be supportive of it too, so I have every confidence that there will be a streamlined way to apply mods to the game in place at some point.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Maybe not emblems then as such, but kits should be entirely doable via CA, since adding more realistic patterns is kind of what people want to do. Besides this, we're really talking about user generated content and we already have corrected player names. I'm not quite sure how Forza gets away with it, but there's all sorts of decals available there for the cars. I'm pretty sure that as long as the content is generated by users then it should be fine, unless someone know more on this than I do.

Take a look at the kit editors for MLB The Show.

They use the tried and tested shapes and layers method (which Forza does too), which allows anyone with the creative will to produce pretty amazing looking designs if they are willing to spend time on them. All these creations are shareable with the community too. This is a system that works extremely well for consoles.

To give you an idea what I mean, I created an mudkip logo for my team kits. No copyrighted images used, and 100% my work. Just an eye for detail and some artistic skill.

xI50cfr.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread