Guide to per-team modding support

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
when im overwriting the ACD light sponsor with the test sponsor and put it into the sponsor folder
yes! You're doing it wrong! Don't replace anything in general "sponsors" folder. Instead; create a folder inside "textures" and re-name it "71". Inside it; create a directory like this: >characters>sponsors

Inside the "sponsors" folder; place your light and dark texture files and run the game. :)

To sum it up; the save directory will look like: (your hard drive)\Users\(you)\My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\71\characters\sponsors[DOUBLEPOST=1449574732][/DOUBLEPOST]
is it possible to have 3 sponsor logo on 3 kits?
No! 2 sponsors only! :D

Vicbushrangers1

Club Cricketer
yes! You're doing it wrong! Don't replace anything in general "sponsors" folder. Instead; create a folder inside "textures" and re-name it "71". Inside it; create a directory like this: >characters>sponsors

Inside the "sponsors" folder; place your light and dark texture files and run the game. :)

To sum it up; the save directory will look like: (your hard drive)\Users\(you)\My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\71\characters\sponsors[DOUBLEPOST=1449574732][/DOUBLEPOST]
No! 2 sponsors only! :D

Holy **** Thanks so much for that! :)

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just so i understand this right... the club ID folders & the sub folders in them are empty correct? They don't have to have the default stuff in there if not replacing all bats for example? Thanks

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Just so i understand this right... the club ID folders & the sub folders in them are empty correct? They don't have to have the default stuff in there if not replacing all bats for example? Thanks
Correct. You don't need to have all the default files in that club id folder. Example: If you have a bat which you downloaded then only thing you have to do is to just create a folder with club id and create a "characters" folders in it. Create a sub folder "sponsors". And paste your bat in it. It is not neccessary to create each and every folders and sub-folders.

Hope this helped! :cheers

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
You never need all the default stuff. Just add the mods you need, don't extract the modding zip file into the textures folder.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Think i worked it out. Was the stadium ad boards i added in. instant hang on team scoreboard. thanks for all your help really helped my understanding. :thumbs

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Think i worked it out. Was the stadium ad boards i added in. instant hang on team scoreboard. thanks for all your help really helped my understanding. :thumbs
Good to hear. Feel free if you need any help.

Cheers :)

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
I'm sorry to post yet again and be a pain... But I'm still getting crashing when playing DBC only crashes during matches/between overs/loading into match. I know it'll be something super simple I'm doing wrong but I've gone through the per team modding folders so many times over the last few days I'm going crazy. :(

My PC
64Bit windows 10
980ti Hydro
6700k @ 4.6

So i shouldn't have a problem with playing the game.

Plays fine when unmodded but the second i add anything it seems to crash.

*As an example there's the path for a bat mod I've done.

*Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\1\characters\sponsors\acd_col

I started from a fresh install then added all the ID folders to (Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Compare the file size of the modified bat to one of the ones in the textures.zip file - it needs to be smaller or the same size as the file you are replacing. So in this case 682KB.

That might mean changing DDS formats (I don't know the correct one off the top of my head).

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Compare the file size of the modified bat to one of the ones in the textures.zip file - it needs to be smaller or the same size as the file you are replacing. So in this case 682KB.

That might mean changing DDS formats (I don't know the correct one off the top of my head).

Yeah just checked them all are fine.

Example i have got at the moment for team 49

Documents\My Games\Don Bradman\textures\49\characters\emblems\logo_25
Documents\My Games\Don Bradman\textures\49\characters\pants\current_1\pattern_00_col
Documents\My Games\Don Bradman\textures\49\characters\sponsors\..................
Documents\My Games\Don Bradman\textures\49\characters\tops\current02_01\pattern_00_col
+ \current02_03\pattern_00_col
+ \current02_05\pattern_00_col

That's how I've set it up for that team. no other folders in that specific team.

Thank you for your help with my stupidity.

Kshitij Ozarkar

Club Cricketer
I'm Sorry , still haven't understood properly. In my textures folder, the original characters,textures,fields,props,ui combined folders are of 1.43 GB. So when I create a new team folder ID wise, I'll have to copy all the above mentioned folders into it too and then replace accordingly right? But then wouldn't that mean I'll need 1.43 GB per team space on my storage? If so that would increase the size by a lot if I wish to have kits for 50 or more teams.

Nishu28

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'm Sorry , still haven't understood properly. In my textures folder, the original characters,textures,fields,props,ui combined folders are of 1.43 GB. So when I create a new team folder ID wise, I'll have to copy all the above mentioned folders into it too and then replace accordingly right? But then wouldn't that mean I'll need 1.43 GB per team space on my storage? If so that would increase the size by a lot if I wish to have kits for 50 or more teams.
See mate
U dont need to copy the characters and others
Ull need to create new folders in the per team folder that is character folder and place those files wich the team need and not that folder which are 1.43 gb
Hope u understand

Kshitij Ozarkar

Club Cricketer
See mate
U dont need to copy the characters and others
Ull need to create new folders in the per team folder that is character folder and place those files wich the team need and not that folder which are 1.43 gb
Hope u understand

So I just have to create empty folders and then copy the downloaded kit files? like create a characters folder in team folder and then copy the kit files which i downloaded and not the original characters folder contents?

for eg, i downloaded the team india kit. it has a characters folder with 3 sub folders. So i have to only create an empty characters folder in ID 7 folder(india id) and copy the contents and nothing else ?

Nishu28

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
So I just have to create empty folders and then copy the downloaded kit files? like create a characters folder in team folder and then copy the kit files which i downloaded and not the original characters folder contents?

for eg, i downloaded the team india kit. it has a characters folder with 3 sub folders. So i have to only create an empty characters folder in ID 7 folder(india id) and copy the contents and nothing else ?
yrs thats what u sholud do create empty folders

have fun

Users who are viewing this thread