Guide to per-team modding support

fosse8

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can we add emblems using the per-team setup too...?

sameerkarkhanis

Club Cricketer
Hi Guys, Can anyone please explain this change in brief? For E.g, I want updated kits and bats for all my Australian and English Domestic Teams....what are the steps to do so? I have downloaded couple of kits, logo emblems and bats for Australian domestic teams like "Adelaide Strikers". What to do next to have my teams take the exact kits with logo and sponsors on them?

Step by Step explanation would be really helpful...Thanks in Advance..!!

sarkazm

Club Captain
Hi MattW.

FYI - I'm not sure if this is due to a whole lot more folders to source character information from or because of the latest update however, if I load up a whole lot of folders with mods, the game always crashes on exit, i.e. exists to a black screen and I need to restart my PC. Then of course I get the incorrect shutdown message when I restart DBC so no mods will load.

Are you aware if this is anything that has been reported as yet?

Thank you.

sameerkarkhanis

Club Cricketer

Can anyone please explain this change in brief? For E.g, I want updated kits and bats for all my Australian and English Domestic Teams....what are the steps to do so? I have downloaded couple of kits, logo emblems and bats for Australian domestic teams like "Adelaide Strikers". What to do next to have my teams take the exact kits with logo and sponsors on them?

Step by Step explanation would be really helpful...Thanks in Advance..!!

sameerkarkhanis

Club Cricketer
Yes, I got it now.....!! Thanks for the reply and I apologize for the post !

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
FYI - I'm not sure if this is due to a whole lot more folders to source character information from or because of the latest update however, if I load up a whole lot of folders with mods, the game always crashes on exit, i.e. exists to a black screen and I need to restart my PC. Then of course I get the incorrect shutdown message when I restart DBC so no mods will load.
How much is a whole lot of mods, and what kind of ones were you using - just so I can try and replicate your mod structure on my machine.

Has anyone successfully utilised the functionality?

sameerkarkhanis

Club Cricketer
How much is a whole lot of mods, and what kind of ones were you using - just so I can try and replicate your mod structure on my machine.

I am going to Try it today, will let you all know tomorrow if I face any issues or does it run smooth..!!

Skankhunt 42

Banned

I did. I replaced all English Clubs and IPL kits in General folder (old way). Created new folders for each International and Australian Club teams and using the new way of modding. Now I have test, ODI and T20 kits with real emblems and sponsors for each test playing nations! waao! :D

So far so good! :)

sarkazm

Club Captain

Hi MattW.

Sorry, should have clarified!
What I did was create every ID folder as per your instructions and had begun adding the 'character' folder to each ID folder as required. I'd added basically all the Aus state sides including BBL, my 92 world cup mod, current Aus test/ODI/T20, and was half-way through the English County sides - hadn't added or changed too much (mostly some kits/sponsors and bats to each folder) and kept logos, etc in their original location.
It seemed fine after adding around 6 -10 ID folders and then however, the failure to exit the game correctly started to happen.

I've also verified integrity of game cache through steam - may be totally irrelavent but did it anyway. I will look for this in the bug thread although I'll mention it here as well - nearly every time (95%) the game gets stuck in a loop at the load screen before the game: the one that displays weather and the teams. It just continually cycles through both screens and you never see the 'press A to continue' message. Pressing A doesn't work.

Thank you.

Regards.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I've also verified integrity of game cache through steam - may be totally irrelavent but did it anyway. I will look for this in the bug thread although I'll mention it here as well - nearly every time (95%) the game gets stuck in a loop at the load screen before the game: the one that displays weather and the teams. It just continually cycles through both screens and you never see the 'press A to continue' message. Pressing A doesn't work.
Just to quote me from the other thread:
The next time it happens, press Ctrl+Alt+Del instead and go to the Task Manager, highlight cricket14.exe and take a screenshot. If you're on Windows 7, the info isn't as useful as it is on 8/10, so click the 'processes' tab first, and on 8/10 you might need to hit the 'More Details' button to get more useful info. Basically I'm interested if there's disk/CPU activity while it is cycling the weather, and how much memory it is using at that time.

The pre-emptive suggestion if my stab in the dark is right, would be to try and close as many background applications before attempting to run the game, and seeing if you load in with less frequent problems.

fosse8

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Can I just say, this update is AMAZING - it adds so much to the game being able to have every team with its own kit manufacturer, sponsor, custom helmet/hat/jersey logos if needed, and so on. It's almost like having a new game.

I don't know why being able to create unlimited new sponsors and sportswear logos makes it all more "real", or why having an accurate rendition of Denmark v Botswana somehow feels much more atmospheric when they're wearing shirts with their country name and without Mosaic Airlines logos or whatever, but it really, really does. So, thanks for all the hard work that went into making this happen.

fosse8

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hi MattW.

Sorry, should have clarified!
What I did was create every ID folder as per your instructions and had begun adding the 'character' folder to each ID folder as required. I'd added basically all the Aus state sides including BBL, my 92 world cup mod, current Aus test/ODI/T20, and was half-way through the English County sides - hadn't added or changed too much (mostly some kits/sponsors and bats to each folder) and kept logos, etc in their original location.
It seemed fine after adding around 6 -10 ID folders and then however, the failure to exit the game correctly started to happen.

Thank you.

Regards.

Random suggestion... When this is happening, do you still have Windows Explorer, Photoshop etc. running in the background to make mods on the fly? I discovered Windows Explorer sometimes throws a hissy fit if you have too many deep-level subfolders open in the folder navigation tree (on the left-hand side) at once, and bearing in mind all the DB14 texture folders for per-team mods are several levels deep, if you've been modding 15 teams in a row and going into each subfolder like sponsors, hud/ etc., and not closing them back down afterwards, it can really cause issues. If you close those folders in the folder tree so they're not displaying any subfolders (if that makes sense!), I found it really seems to help with DB14 getting stuck.

sarkazm

Club Captain
Random suggestion... When this is happening, do you still have Windows Explorer, Photoshop etc. running in the background to make mods on the fly? I discovered Windows Explorer sometimes throws a hissy fit if you have too many deep-level subfolders open in the folder navigation tree (on the left-hand side) at once, and bearing in mind all the DB14 texture folders for per-team mods are several levels deep, if you've been modding 15 teams in a row and going into each subfolder like sponsors, hud/ etc., and not closing them back down afterwards, it can really cause issues. If you close those folders in the folder tree so they're not displaying any subfolders (if that makes sense!), I found it really seems to help with DB14 getting stuck.

Hi fosse8.

I have to answer no to your thought. I had been adding a few, closing all those windows/folders, etc. and then going into DBC. So there was generally no associated folders still open. I haven't actually made any new mods so have just been copying and pasting my old ones along with plenty of the new ones that have been created.
What I have done is uninstalled, completed a clean install, updated teams again and am currently adding mods one at a time to see how I go. So far everything seems to be OK. I haven't experienced the continual loop I mentioned and the program is exiting straight to desktop. See how we go.

Thanks for all the responses.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread