Decision made on where I want to live..

Australia is a much nicer place.

However yes, I was very upset when I had to move and I was doing it so I wouldn't be killed. If you are having a good life in England, then you are told to move that would be a pretty rough thing I guess because of all your friends.

I really don't know what to say because both countries have positive and negatives, and I do want to live in Australia later on in my life, but I just don't know if im ready yet, I would also miss the sport over here because I know the Aussies are not that big on Football.

No you wont. Australia has a massive football scene going on; every town has many leagues and all games up to the English Championship are watchable on telly. Besides, Australia's national team is better than yours :P

EDIT: The only thing I really don't like about Australia is the aboriginals around my area and where my girlfriends family live. I am not exaggerating here at all; out of the 3 years or so I have been here I have not met 1 nice aboriginal between the ages of 10-17. Not one. However, thats probably just soley due to my area so it may not be a concern of yours.. But thats the only bad thing I can tell you about the country from my experiences.

But if you are going, you better get used to this silly game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-PFRrJQtew :p

Last edited:
EDIT: The only thing I really don't like about Australia is the aboriginals around my area and where my girlfriends family live. I am not exaggerating here at all; out of the 3 years or so I have been here I have not met 1 nice aboriginal between the ages of 10-17. Not one. However, thats probably just soley due to my area so it may not be a concern of yours.. But thats the only bad thing I can tell you about the country from my experiences.

But if you are going, you better get used to this silly game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-PFRrJQtew :p

Yeah when I was in Aus I was shocked at all the Aboriginal bashing that goes around.

Which part of Australia do you live jordox? I reccomend not going to the Northern territory or anything like that as theres no water, heaps of aboriginals, everyone talks like steve irwin and lots more crime. Go to Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, and Perth(you might be hooper though). Dont go to Queensland because its too hot. My uncle(my mums brother) lived in Perth and was a Policeman but died around 15 years ago.

I moved to Sydney when I was younger and I didn't really like it. I mean, the scenery and beauty of the land was marvelous, but I did face my fair share of racism.

"Go back to your mudhouses" is what my dad had to cop from one of the people who worked for him. The ****** was promptly fired the next day. :)

Well, my Dad said that its a serious Idea at the moment, we are looking at moving to Perth (as we have some family already over there), he has always told my Dad to bring the kids over, and my dad has just laughed it off, but he made a valid point yesterday that in Perth my uncle has said that the crime level is pretty low, and my dad said thats better than over here when you have to be watchfull not to get stabbed or shot when you are out and about.

And of course the main thing with me is my friends, I have that many good friends over here, and of course I will miss them! but, my dad said that I had to get over that and I will meet some new friends over there, but I wouldn't really like that as I know that Aussies hardly like the English. Not a good omen for me then.

Sureshot, Yes, I am nearly 18, but this isnt just my decision, my Dad said its a family decision, but It looks like I might be fighting a loosing battle as my 2 brothers have already said they would go over there if they had a chance, but Australia sounds good when my dad said "You can buy a House that has a swimming pool in the back, how nice would that be if you could come home from a long day's work to a Swimming pool like that? Oh and you can't forget the Christmas on the Beach can you..." I think he really does want to go and he is just trying to make it sound better for me.

I would also have to leave my football & cricket clubs and possibly have to pick another two over there which will not be easy at all.

Ok.

I am in a really bad way now.

I have just been called downstairs and being deadly serious my dad has just asked would I be interested in moving to Australia. :eek:

I really don't know what to say because both countries have positive and negatives, and I do want to live in Australia later on in my life, but I just don't know if im ready yet, I would also miss the sport over here because I know the Aussies are not that big on Football.

They have just also emailed a Relative in Australia and asked him what we need to move.

I need help, how good is Australia (AND BE SERIOUS! ITS A LIFE CHANGING MATTER!!)

I really don't know what to say...

:eek::eek:

1. It would be good if you could come, (Where in Australia do you plan to move to.)
2. Come to Coffs Harbour if possible, best town ever (Especially Heritage Park *Hint* *Hint*)
3. Some of us are big on soccer. ;)
4. Australia is probably better than England (I've been to England, trust me).
5. Good luck with it all mate. ;)

Well, my Dad said that its a serious Idea at the moment, we are looking at moving to Perth (as we have some family already over there), he has always told my Dad to bring the kids over, and my dad has just laughed it off, but he made a valid point yesterday that in Perth my uncle has said that the crime level is pretty low, and my dad said thats better than over here when you have to be watchfull not to get stabbed or shot when you are out and about.

And of course the main thing with me is my friends, I have that many good friends over here, and of course I will miss them! but, my dad said that I had to get over that and I will meet some new friends over there, but I wouldn't really like that as I know that Aussies hardly like the English. Not a good omen for me then.

Sureshot, Yes, I am nearly 18, but this isnt just my decision, my Dad said its a family decision, but It looks like I might be fighting a loosing battle as my 2 brothers have already said they would go over there if they had a chance, but Australia sounds good when my dad said "You can buy a House that has a swimming pool in the back, how nice would that be if you could come home from a long day's work to a Swimming pool like that? Oh and you can't forget the Christmas on the Beach can you..." I think he really does want to go and he is just trying to make it sound better for me.

I would also have to leave my football & cricket clubs and possibly have to pick another two over there which will not be easy at all.

You'll have no troubles in Perth, none at all.

The only negative is getting new friends.

You'd probably have no problem getting into the Perth Glory first team side :D

Perth is a nice place, not very overcrowded and has a very wide range of sports too. You will have no trouble finding a soccer and cricket club to join, but you'll have to start calling it soccer and get into real AFL football - don't go for Fremantle whatever you do. West Coast are the better team in Perth.

You'll get used to it, Australia is a great place to live and even the English agree! There's really nothing to be afraid of, but whatever you do stay away from Adelaide.

Soccer isn't as big as it is in England but it still has a very good following. What you will learn quickly is that Australians love sport, no matter what sport it may be. Soccer is a summer sport here and if you convince your dad to get Foxtel (Pay TV) you'll be able to watch the EPL and some of the Championship on TV.

Obviously it will be difficult to leave your home and friends, but you'll make new and superior friends, plus the girls here are better.

Perth is a nice place, not very overcrowded and has a very wide range of sports too. You will have no trouble finding a soccer and cricket club to join, but you'll have to start calling it soccer and get into real AFL football - don't go for Fremantle whatever you do. West Coast are the better team in Perth.

You'll get used to it, Australia is a great place to live and even the English agree! There's really nothing to be afraid of, but whatever you do stay away from Adelaide.

Soccer isn't as big as it is in England but it still has a very good following. What you will learn quickly is that Australians love sport, no matter what sport it may be. Soccer is a summer sport here and if you convince your dad to get Foxtel (Pay TV) you'll be able to watch the EPL and some of the Championship on TV.

Obviously it will be difficult to leave your home and friends, but you'll make new and superior friends, plus the girls here are better.

Adelaide isn't bad :( I quite like it!

And amen to that!

I've been there recently. It's a beutiful place. I would absolutely love to live there - the people there are really nice too.

It'll be hard to leave everything behind, but Australia would be first on my list of places to live.

I've been to Adelaide, I liked it. Yes, everyone there is a wee bit on the poof side. Wearing jumpers when it is 18C when I'm in a T-Shirt and shorts :p But the people are so much more friendly then in England

Well that isn't at all correct imo. Most of these stabbings and shootings aren't just random attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread