Decision made on where I want to live..

Even if you lived in Australia you would have to be vigilant when you were out. I don't think there are many stabbings or shootings here where the victim didn't know the killer either.

Personally i have done the same move. I was born in Scotland and moved here when i was quite young, but it was the best thing thats probaly happened to me.

Even though i live in Victoria, Western Australia (Perth) would be my first choice of places to live in Australia. Its just a fantasic place, it isnt crowed, its very new and its just a beautiful city/state :) The only downside is that its quite fair way away from the rest of the Australian cities.

And dont worry to much about not seeing the Premier League, if you have pay TV you can see EVERY game live with regular replays of all the games.:)

And in regards to the violence, you have to be wary in any place you are in the world, its just a fact of life. But in Western Australia there is a lot more Aboriginal violence then the eastern side.

Last edited:
His team plays in the Blue Square North, though, where there isn't even TV coverage here! At least you will be able to see every Premier League game live, as it is illegal here.

Last edited:
His team plays in the Blue Square North, though, where there isn't even TV coverage here! At least you will be able to see every Premier League game live, as it is illegal here.

Yep, the downsides of being in the conference North. :rolleyes:

Even if we don't take this chance now, I have to some day go to Australia to persue my dream of becoming a police officer.

Even if we don't take this chance now, I have to some day go to Australia to persue my dream of becoming a police officer.

Why do you need Australia for that?

I've been to Adelaide, I liked it. Yes, everyone there is a wee bit on the poof side. Wearing jumpers when it is 18C when I'm in a T-Shirt and shorts :p But the people are so much more friendly then in England
Obviously you've never seen an angry Adelaide bloke then.

aus5892 added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

And in regards to the violence, you have to be wary in any place you are in the world, its just a fact of life. But in Western Australia there is a lot more Aboriginal violence then the eastern side.
Yeah but not much of that is in Perth, most is in rural towns in WA further north.

Perth's great, don't worry about that bit. It's really about whether you can handle changing everything and the friends situation, you're the only one that can answer that really.

But in Western Australia there is a lot more Aboriginal violence then the eastern side.
Perth itself is okay, although we all know which suburbs we can't walk through at night ;)

Well, my Dad said that its a serious Idea at the moment, we are looking at moving to Perth (as we have some family already over there), he has always told my Dad to bring the kids over, and my dad has just laughed it off, but he made a valid point yesterday that in Perth my uncle has said that the crime level is pretty low, and my dad said thats better than over here when you have to be watchfull not to get stabbed or shot when you are out and about.

Don't know bout your area but I live in Nottz and it has the highest rates of gun/knife crime and areas such as St. Anns and Meadows that are highlighted as gang territory yet I can walk through them everyday alone even. I have to go through them everyday for school and to get to 2 of my mates houses.

People make it out that you get stabbed on your front door or something. That is not true at all and VERY few innocents ever get stabbed for no reason.

I hate it when people say things like "You can't go out without getting stabbed".

Users who are viewing this thread