Decision made on where I want to live..

ok mate I feel I should have my say in this as two years ago, prity much a month or so from today I moved from England to Australia. At the time I was 14 years old and when I found out it was hard. I begged my parents not to go and really really didnt want to leave. Then after thinking about it and weighing it up I realised it was easily the best option and we all agreed to move.

Since then yes I have missed my friends but everything else has been better. For me I have been coached at a better standard of cricket and am set to come back to England and hopefully be able to fair better because of this experiance. There are beaches, babes :p and more sun that you could dream of in England.

I personally know nothing about jobs etc etc in Australia so cannot comment but looking at it from a football pospective you should be looking at the positives of the move and how it can benefit your game.

1) You will be better than you were in England compared to others
2) You will probably play at a higher more notified level because of this
3) You willl recieve better coaching and better facilities
4) You will improve more as a player

If you do move be happy about it, the odds of moving for the rest of your life are slim but for me, from the ages of 14-16 I have had an incredible two years and dont regret it at all. Now I am returning to England for A levels and then am almost positive i will return to Aus for the adult years of the my life.

Good luck mate and remember that life goes on.

Mate, Australia is the best country in the world. You should move here, it is definately worth it. You are missing out if you dont.

A good soccer competition is held here in Coffs Harbour, and also a great Cricket competition as well, not to mention Rep Cricket.

ok mate I feel I should have my say in this as two years ago, prity much a month or so from today I moved from England to Australia. At the time I was 14 years old and when I found out it was hard. I begged my parents not to go and really really didnt want to leave. Then after thinking about it and weighing it up I realised it was easily the best option and we all agreed to move.

Since then yes I have missed my friends but everything else has been better. For me I have been coached at a better standard of cricket and am set to come back to England and hopefully be able to fair better because of this experiance. There are beaches, babes :p and more sun that you could dream of in England.

I personally know nothing about jobs etc etc in Australia so cannot comment but looking at it from a football pospective you should be looking at the positives of the move and how it can benefit your game.

If you do move be happy about it, the odds of moving for the rest of your life are slim but for me, from the ages of 14-16 I have had an incredible two years and dont regret it at all. Now I am returning to England for A levels and then am almost positive i will return to Aus for the adult years of the my life.

Good luck mate and remember that life goes on.

He's life isnt controlled by Cricket. Infact I think Football is more important to him.

Last edited:
I used cricket as an example as was telling what happened to me.

For him I said

football pospective you should be looking at the positives of the move and how it can benefit your game.

I have huge trouble buying that. I don't think any of that is true. Australia's soccer scene is massive at the moment and it is one of the most common played junior sport. It's not like England is a place like Brazil or Sudan where every kid is playing soccer ALL the time; its more or less the same as Australia. I would bet money that he wouldn't see a big difference.

I am taking in all these points and thanks.

I have spoke to my contract holder Droylsden FC what would happen if I did want to go, and because I am on a 5 year ?100 a week contract, I am not allowed to terminate it before that time.

I have to see it through to the end, and then, if I want to go, all I need to do is just reject another contract that they will offer. But, they said that if it doesn't work out over there and I come back, there is no certainty they would offer me another contract, they also mentioned that they are thinking of keeping me for the long run, and they have told me that at the rate I am going, I could be first team in 3 years.

Decisions, Decisions..

I am taking in all these points and thanks.

I have spoke to my contract holder Droylsden FC what would happen if I did want to go, and because I am on a 5 year ?100 a week contract, I am not allowed to terminate it before that time.

I have to see it through to the end, and then, if I want to go, all I need to do is just reject another contract that they will offer. But, they said that if it doesn't work out over there and I come back, there is no certainty they would offer me another contract, they also mentioned that they are thinking of keeping me for the long run, and they have told me that at the rate I am going, I could be first team in 3 years.

Decisions, Decisions..

3 years. A wage of over a ?100 a week. Probably over ?200. Which would mean you'd be earning ?9,600 a year already. A hard decision I must say.

3 years. A wage of over a ?100 a week. Probably over ?200. Which would mean you'd be earning ?9,600 a year already. A hard decision I must say.

Thats what I mean mate, and there are also Bonuses in the contract... Do I go for the Money here or the weather in Australia?

Thats what I mean mate, and there are also Bonuses in the contract... Do I go for the Money here or the weather in Australia?

Going for the weather? Strange reason to be honest. You also have to ask yourself whether your too good, not being cocky, for Droyslden and can play in higher leagues. If you can and get scouted for highler leagues then you'd be earning a little bit more. Would you stll be becoming a part time police officer or not?

Ok, lets put it this way;

Whats more important to you? Football or being a police officer?

Forget money, forget contracts and forget the fact in 3 years you could be in the first team for now. Just ask yourself that first question and what would you say?

Users who are viewing this thread