Decision made on where I want to live..

Just think. You will actually get a proper summer if you go there, rather than this rubbish which is what we had ;)

Ask yourself if you can make it, are you good enough? Are you dedicated? In my opinion you shouldn't sign a 5 year contract, it's just to long. You never know what will happen in your life. I would try and get it cut down, and if I get knocked back just head to Australia.

Plus Aus teams could be easier to crack then England teams, however I don't play so I can't judge.

Yeah, as it's been said, do you 1. Have a good chance at being a decent footballer? and 2. Would rather be a footballer or a Police Officer? It's a big decision, maybe you could have a trial with a State League side, and maybe use it as a stepping stone to the A-League if you're good enough. Just make sure that you know what you want.

Going for the weather? Strange reason to be honest. You also have to ask yourself whether your too good, not being cocky, for Droyslden and can play in higher leagues. If you can and get scouted for highler leagues then you'd be earning a little bit more. Would you stll be becoming a part time police officer or not?

If I did stay over here and sign another contract, I would become a Special, which is like a volenteer, or, I could be a PCSO, they are part time ones and you can have your own timtable. Droylsden will be looking at either the Blue Square Premier, or the Blue Square North, (Conference or Conference North) even though its non league. The standard of football is very, very high, take this game for example:

Also, Droylsden have told me that Rochdale and Oldham FC Have enquired about my avaliability.

Ok, lets put it this way;

Whats more important to you? Football or being a police officer?

Forget money, forget contracts and forget the fact in 3 years you could be in the first team for now. Just ask yourself that first question and what would you say?

At the moment in time Football, as every kid wants to be a footballer.

Ask yourself if you can make it, are you good enough? Are you dedicated? In my opinion you shouldn't sign a 5 year contract, it's just to long. You never know what will happen in your life. I would try and get it cut down, and if I get knocked back just head to Australia.

Plus Aus teams could be easier to crack then England teams, however I don't play so I can't judge.

For a 17 year old, a 5 year contract is the best way forward for both sides because you are committed to the team that you love, and also, if its a 1/2 year contract other teams can approach you, and if you sign for them Droylsden wouldn't get any, but with a 3-5 year contract, Droylsden would recieve a compensation fee of around ?500,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Rochdale and Oldham FC are interested in you then and you want to play football then you should stay, in my opinion. Oldham are in League One and Rochdale are in League Two. You would earn a lot of money doing what you want to do in those leagues and if you impress then you could get a trip to the championship, one league away from the Premiership. You never know.

It sounds like you have the chance everyone wants.

If Rochdale and Oldham FC are interested in you then and you want to play football then you should stay, in my opinion. Oldham are in League One and Rochdale are in League Two. You would earn a lot of money doing what you want to do in those leagues and if you impress then you could get a trip to the championship, one league away from the Premiership. You never know.

It sounds like you have the chance everyone wants.

Yeah, thats what is really making it hard thinking that I could be playing in League 1, 2 or maybe the championship, I know I am one lucky sod, and If I get to aus and don't realy like the level I am at, I would have blown it.

Yeh the drought has been pretty bad. Although the winter just past was the coldest in 20 years with a decent amount of rain (in victoria that is... and we consider a 16C winter day cold lol)

Yeah, thats what is really making it hard thinking that I could be playing in League 1, 2 or maybe the championship, I know I am one lucky sod, and If I get to aus and don't realy like the level I am at, I would have blown it.

Uh football sounds boring. I'm used to seeing the 18 year olds in the Premier League who burts onto the scene doing fancy tricks. Didn't know most others slog it out, league by league.

As far as Australia's pro stuff goes each state has a premier league which the A league teams are selected from. However if you are moving to WA and you want to be a footballer I kinda have to say just stay where you are. At the end of the day it's about being happy isn't it? If you are happy doing what you are now I can tell you that Western Australia's soccer state would NOT be too flash. You'd be fine in the eastern states and SA but NT and WA - forget it. HOWEVER Perth goes have 'The Perth Glory' which are an a league team so it wouldnt be that bad. I'm only basing this on the NSW soccer league which is really high quality and is a really good base. Whilst the Perth system may be fine, it wouldn't be as good as where you are now. Probably not anyway.

However as you know there is more to life than the football but I mean if that is your life at the moment; you'd be better in England.

Note- none of this should be taken as real advice because I don't know you. I'm just saying my opinion.

Last edited:
Yeh the drought has been pretty bad. Although the winter just past was the coldest in 20 years with a decent amount of rain (in victoria that is... and we consider a 16C winter day cold lol)

At the moment that is about our average summer day, like today. Though as soon as the sun pops through it jumps by about 10C.

At the moment that is about our average summer day, like today. Though as soon as the sun pops through it jumps by about 10C.

Australia isn't all that bad weather wise though to be fair Sureshot. The country parts of NSW where my uncle lives is like 45 degrees in summer and 0 in winter. That's brilliant weather init?

Uh football sounds boring. I'm used to seeing the 18 year olds in the Premier League who burts onto the scene doing fancy tricks. Didn't know most others slog it out, league by league.

As far as Australia's pro stuff goes each state has a premier league which the A league teams are selected from. However if you are moving to WA and you want to be a footballer I kinda have to say just stay where you are. At the end of the day it's about being happy isn't it? If you are happy doing what you are now I can tell you that Western Australia's soccer state would NOT be too flash. You'd be fine in the eastern states and SA but NT and WA - forget it. HOWEVER Perth goes have 'The Perth Glory' which are an a league team so it wouldnt be that bad. I'm only basing this on the NSW soccer league which is really high quality and is a really good base. Whilst the Perth system may be fine, it wouldn't be as good as where you are now. Probably not anyway.

However as you know there is more to life than the football but I mean if that is your life at the moment; you'd be better in England.

Note- none of this should be taken as real advice because I don't know you. I'm just saying my opinion.

Thats where I am different, most players get in doing fancy skills, but, I am a goalkeeper, so I don't have the chance to do fancy tricks like that, the only thing I can really go on is the saves, I just have to go out, dive around, do my 100% best and hope that that best is good enough. I am like any other footballer, I have my on days where nothing gets past me, I am saving shots here there and everywhere and I keep my clean sheet, or some times I have horrible days where nothing goes right and I end up conseding 3,4 or 5 goals, maybe even more.

I know that I want to be a police officer within the next 10 years, but football is what makes me the happiest now, and so, with that In mind, its going to play a big part if I move to Australia or not.

Users who are viewing this thread