Demo Impressions Thread

Good news on the patching front they've gone a step further in helping us they've stuck with bag files and unpacked .dds files for kits :D

Just played my first game, can't real comment on graphics because I had to run at stupid settings to make it run at a decent speed. The game seemed very similar to 2005 with new sounds and animations, I was a bit disapointed tbh. Need a new graphics card to get the best out of it.

Well the AI certainly changes its strategy depending on how you score (even in these 3 overs!) I've seen the AI run four and I've nearly run it out (shame I didn't time my throw back right).

Oh and I found out who ate all the pies.....Freddie did!!!!!

Oh, My download took about 20mins, not bad eh!

20 mins! Mine is 12% done and I started mine at 4:29.

Yeah AI is so much improved as Kev said.

I have had two run outs, one was narrow and one was with the CPU trying to run 3 or 4 I cant remember and it was a complete mess :p

hi, i got a question. if this demo runs on my laptop doess that mean the actual game will run in it too?? i got a x1400 video card with 256mb. but the problem is according to codmaster it is not supported (but they say x1300 is).

If the demo runs on your laptop there is a 50/50 chance it will work on the game.

The cpu definatly has some form of pacing file when chasing. The smaller totals you score, the more defensive they play and vice versa. Its good. :cool:

upon further review

it looks AWESOME. the bowler speeds are good, AI is great, graphics/animations are nice. only thing im upset about is the freaking MOUSE! that makes it difficult

I'm pretty impressed so far, the sounds are nice. It's a bit fiddly to get to grips to with the mouse and keyboard, but I'm getting there. On to the game, because of my constant habit of forgetting the buttons, my highest score is 15. I nearly got a wicket with my first ball but slip dropped it and I haven't got one since.

One of the most annoying things as previously said is the fact that the keeper whips the bails off even if the batsmen has been in for a bit. Still, that doesn't ruin the gameplay. Online play will be fantastic.

I've been bowled a few no-balls now and they were around 90mph from Binga. His slower ball came down at around 60mph.

I agree the mouse controls are freaking me out, funnily enough when I was a codemasters I saw someone "testing" the game and they were using the mouse to play. I commented to on it to Puddleduck at the time.

i hated it completely.

It is probaly my fault as usual but the game takes about 10 minutes to get to move brett lee an inch, any help?

Your running it on higher res than your card/pc can handle I tried to run it on loads and it was so choppy....

Punk Sk8r! said:
Your running it on higher res than your card/pc can handle I tried to run it on loads and it was so choppy....

The game is definatly quite demanding considering. I reckon the extra detail in the crown doesn't help things.

Users who are viewing this thread