Demo Impressions Thread

Punk Sk8r! said:
Your running it on higher res than your card/pc can handle I tried to run it on loads and it was so choppy....

how did you make it go quicker, in other words lower the res?

Yes but lower the res then it looks so rubbish that you wont feel like playing it :D

The_gas said:
The game is definatly quite demanding considering. I reckon the extra detail in the crown doesn't help things.
I take it you mean crowd. When we were at codies it was mentioned that lower end graphics cards would get 2d crowd. I dont know if this is automatic or it has to be set ingame.

Punk Sk8r! said:
Yes but lower the res then it looks so rubbish that you wont feel like playing it :D
Thats rubbish! its gameplay that makes you feel like you are playing not graphics, graphics is just the icing on the cake.

Kev said:
I take it you mean crowd. When we were at codies it was mentioned that lower end graphics cards would get 2d crowd. I dont know if this is automatic or it has to be set ingame.

Good point Kev, im forever making silly little mistakes like that. Years of drug abuse is catching up with me.

Thats rubbish! its gameplay that makes you feel like you are playing not graphics, graphics is just the icing on the cake.

Agreed.

I'm getting better, just made 41-4 with a nice 20 odd from Strauss.

Ridiculous that you can't use a controller on the PC Demo, I might just cancel the download now.

ThePAW said:
I might just cancel the download now.

I wouldnt, it took a few attempts to get used to it. But i just hit a half century with Strauss in 15 balls.

The_gas said:
I wouldnt, it took a few attempts to get used to it. But i just hit a half century with Strauss in 15 balls.

Also nice to see they've kept the realistic element to the game.

ThePAW said:

Its obviously on an easy or normal setting. I wouldn't read to much into that.

I'm stuck on one thing, sometimes when i press LMB for a stock delivery, the field settings appear on the screen and it wont let me bowl a ball and just changes the field setting. Can anyone help me?

manee said:
If the demo runs on your laptop there is a 50/50 chance it will work on the game.

50/50? How'd you come up with that?

I would say the only difference between the PC demo and full version would be installation space required. As the game is using the completed code for the PC version (despite the 90% complete message in-game) if it runs the demo, it will run the full version, surely.

ThePAW said:

If 3 over cricket was a viable form of the game. a fifty would be achieved soon enough.

lazy_chesnut said:
50/50? How'd you come up with that?

I would say the only difference between the PC demo and full version would be installation space required. As the game is using the completed code for the PC version (despite the 90% complete message in-game) if it runs the demo, it will run the full version, surely.

Experience with prior demos has usually given a 50/50 ratio of working with the full version if it works on my laptop.

Leicester Fox said:
I'm on 24% after 3 hours! it's still going too,sloooooooow

Ha. 27% in just under 3 hours ;).

Users who are viewing this thread