Demo Impressions Thread

First of all i dont know why everyone is making such a fuss about the game being all choppy and whatnot. While i was downloading the demo i read what some of you guys said about how ur pcs kinda struggle to run the game on high settings and i was like "ah crap...my graphics card is like 3 years old and i dont exactly have aawesome pc so its gonna lag like crazy" - but it runs like a trooper, no slow frame rates or anything and I only have a 256mb Sapphire Radeon X800pro...not exactly state of the art lol anyway...

Seems like the developers dont like Watson too much cozz hes a complete bunny on this demo and as on BLC2005 Punter still plays around anything straight as well cozz hes never made more than 5runs when i bowled to him on 2005 and same again on the demo.

Overall I cant say im too impressed or dismayed...some things are good and others kinda ordinary.

- The throwing metre is rediculous I hope the 10% they fixed after the demo included making it at least slightly possible to time the freekin throw because it just pops on the screen without warning and unexpectedly before you even have the ball and if you dont press it in a split second you throw it like over the keeper's head.

- I think the batting mechanics are pretty cool...the way you can rotate where you want the ball to go with the mouse and ive only played two games so im not sure yet whether its just a gimmick or actually means the ball wont just travel down a certain line for a specific shot like we've seen in EVERY SINGLE cricket game ever made. If it does work its pretty cool...

Something that does bother me....why the HELL is the bowling so slow?? I mean if i remember correctly Brett Lee was pretty quick in the previous game and im not talking about the speed that comes onto the screen but the actual pace of the ball - its so loopy still do you guys think its perhaps because of the difficulty setting of the demo? Do you think it will be quicker on higher difficulty? I really hope so...

The animations and graphics are slightly better but not much....and i dont understand why every player on the field is a fatty, even Brett Lee has a double chin! Im not sure if i will buy this, its a lot of money for a game that hasnt changed all that much BUT I do like the fact that the computer actually runs quick singles it will make it much better to play than the previous game.

so yeah...i will play some more and post more of my opinions later on perhaps.

Does anyone know why my game dosnt go past the sponsor screen. its a good graphics card and plays most games out.

Leicester Fox said:
40% now. By the time i've downloaded the bloody thing the game will be out :mad: if i lose the connection now i will actually just curl up in a ball and die

Its happened to me.. I was at 78% and I lost my connection.. I've started all over again.. But I'm downloading it from Filefront which is far faster. Should be done in 30 minutes..

2 things.

1 - The bowling is loopy because the difficulty level is low. BLIC 2005 was the same. So can we now shut up about that.
2 - When we went to codies, they told us that the slip catching was being done by doing a slow-motion thing (like bullet-time and stuff) but they seem to have ditched that in favour of playing a nice game of catch with the wicket-keeper.

I'm really not at all impressed with this demo.

I'm determined to make this work! been at i for a good 5 hours at least! i've just had to leave it on whilst going out and everything!

lazy_chesnut said:
2 things.

1 - The bowling is loopy because the difficulty level is low. BLIC 2005 was the same. So can we now shut up about that.
2 - When we went to codies, they told us that the slip catching was being done by doing a slow-motion thing (like bullet-time and stuff) but they seem to have ditched that in favour of playing a nice game of catch with the wicket-keeper.

I'm really not at all impressed with this demo.

you dont need to get your panties in a tangle....I never played BLC on easy so i wouldnt know about the "loopyness" so chill

Does anyone know if the final game will support gamepads, the keyboard is tough for me acclimitise to.

I think this game is fab, look you cant complain you have two games EA or Codies you decide...

60% now. Looks like i won't play on it tonight then. I swear if somebody turns the pc off whilst i go to bed i will kill them. Actually rip them limb from limb.

Punk Sk8r! said:
I think this game is fab, look you cant complain you have two games EA or Codies you decide...

Spot on.

Half the forum has been bitching EA non-stop since it's release and constantly saying "oh BLIC is going to be great and even if it's rubbish it'll be better than EA Cricket". Well now you have a taste of BLIC a lot of you are still not pleased. Maybe now you realise that Cricket is a bit of a tough nut to crack as far as video games go.

Or just a nut that no-one can be bothered to crack, and instead sell a pale imitation of a nutcracker which will only slightly mark the surface of the nut's shell.

Enough metaphors for everyone there?!

Users who are viewing this thread