Review Demo impressions thread

You lot are playing the demo to much which is making you to good at the game thats why some of you are scoring 100 of 10 overs :doh

Restricted the AI to 78-2 off 24 overs!

If you get the bowling marker the lightest green as possible and then stop the meter correctly the AI is very defensive. You can bowl maiden after maiden outside off stump but they will leave you all day and not get out!

The bowling markers colour is HUGElY: important!

Therfore for me the pacing is good now! its just these AWFUL AWFUL run outs ill be staggered if these are not fixed!!

Have anyone noticed that AI is more aggressive against the 'cutter' balls? I found out that if you bowl a good mix of 'dark green' and 'light green' ballls, then AI would'nt smash every bad balls. Infact, you can get the AI out by 'green balls'.
But AI seems to murder anything other than 'light green balls' when bowling with cutters.

Have anyone noticed that AI is more aggressive against the 'cutter' balls? I found out that if you bowl a good mix of 'dark green' and 'light green' ballls, then AI would'nt smash every bad balls. Infact, you can get the AI out by 'green balls'.
But AI seems to murder anything other than 'light green balls' when bowling with cutters.

yeah totally agree mate!!

However with the AI knowing its a 3 over match its hard to really tell what their up to!!

Get the feeling theres enough evidence when bowling a good ball the pacing will be decent for the real game!:D

Anybody know how to turn the ball ?

Ball only really started turning big once i had completed about 35 overs of the game.. and wheni say big i mean enough so i could see!! :)

More spin is generated when the bowling reticule is a lighter green almost yellow! and you execute it on the meter in the light green section!!

i think this game looks quaity graphics very good fair enough the bowler run ups look a bit stupid but this is not a major factor as long as the gameplay and graphics r good im happy and the gameplay deffinately doesent dissapoint with bowling being very intresting lots of techniques which r very affective also batting much more difficult than previous cricket games a lot more thought has to be put in to your shot and the new technique of front foot and back foot and aso hitting down the wicket a advanced shot i rei think you have to be careful while playing ur shots wen aot of bounce from bower you need toget on to your back foot and depending on fielding positions on wat shot you need to play a or b front foot better for full tosses from bowler and u rei do need to be careful while paying lofted shot if you dnt hit it perect then it wil prove costly . also many peope have been compaining about the run rate of the AI but wat sum of you may not know is that they r playing as if its a 3 over game thats the reason for the ru rate from the computer on the actua game they wil play as if its a 5 day test match with the run rate decreasing massively so codemasters say.

(Normal Difficulty)

This was the most tense, breath-taking match I have ever played.

Here's why.

I won the toss and chose to field (clever decision as you'll find out later). The Aussies were batting comfortably in the start, not-so-comfortably in the middle and the end. They ended up 173 all out. Now I came out to bat (nervously) and I wasn't going to take any chances. Strauss wanted to go back to the dressing room because he hadn't the nerve to bat :p. So he decided to stand in the middle of the pitch, his bat not in the crease, and got run out. Bopara reckoned this wasn't his day. He was right. Colly didn't have a nice time either. Basically every single player was timid and nervous, that is, except for Cook and Prior.

They did a great part. They were trying to score as safe as possible. They were in great luck. Cook had two or three chances dropped and went on to score a whopping big 78 off 72 balls. I was like oh hey all I need is a short ball and whack it for a four off the aerial route. Until then, the third chance wasn't dropped, you understand. He did not believe his eyes. He walked back to the pavilion shaking with shock. Prior was gone for 34 off 20 balls. Now only the tailenders could stop Australia from winning. Broad was out, Anderson too and now only Panesar and Swann could save the day. They only needed four runs to win.

The moment Watson released his ball (wrongly) short, our little hero, Panesar, whacked it for four through fine leg. The whole English team wept for joy. They won! My heart was thumping and I won by ONE wicket.

What a tense match that was!

Attachments

• 1 wicket victory AC 09.jpg
    1 wicket victory AC 09.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
(Normal Difficulty)

This was the most tense, breath-taking match I have ever played.

Here's why.

I won the toss and chose to field (clever decision as you'll find out later). The Aussies were batting comfortably in the start, not-so-comfortably in the middle and the end. They ended up 173 all out. Now I came out to bat (nervously) and I wasn't going to take any chances. Strauss wanted to go back to the dressing room because he hadn't the nerve to bat :p. So he decided to stand in the middle of the pitch, his bat not in the crease, and got run out. Bopara reckoned this wasn't his day. He was right. Colly didn't have a nice time either. Basically every single player was timid and nervous, that is, except for Cook and Prior.

They did a great part. They were trying to score as safe as possible. They were in great luck. Cook had two or three chances dropped and went on to score a whopping big 78 off 72 balls. I was like oh hey all I need is a short ball and whack it for a four off the aerial route. Until then, the third chance wasn't dropped, you understand. He did not believe his eyes. He walked back to the pavilion shaking with shock. Prior was gone for 34 off 20 balls. Now only the tailenders could stop Australia from winning. Broad was out, Anderson too and now only Panesar and Swann could save the day. They only needed four runs to win.

The moment Watson released his ball (wrongly) short, our little hero, Panesar, whacked it for four through fine leg. The whole English team wept for joy. They won! My heart was thumping and I won by ONE wicket.

What a tense match that was!

See, this is one of the many reasons why this is the best cricket game ever - no other cricket game I've ever played has produced moments like this. I haven't had any such tense finishes as yet, but there was an occasion where Collingwood came in and was all over the place, but by playing sensibly, he got through it and made a solid 30 or so in the end.

And that was on normal, eh? Maybe normal is worth another look.

See, this is one of the many reasons why this is the best cricket game ever - no other cricket game I've ever played has produced moments like this. I haven't had any such tense finishes as yet, but there was an occasion where Collingwood came in and was all over the place, but by playing sensibly, he got through it and made a solid 30 or so in the end.

I agree with you - honestly in EA C07 I often win by more than 200/300 runs or by 7 wickets. AC09 has one of the best gameplay I have ever seen in a while.

yea I hated how you could hit sixes with people like Chris Martin in EA

this games Seems The best cricket game Produced in last 10 years :banana2
in this game AI know How to smack the ball,you will just punished if you give AI some Room to play shorts,
AI know How to play cricket. I never saw such a cricket game like this :)
so first day first buy for me

ok so i tried downloading pc demo and failed so dunno what the game is like.

Is this one of the best cricket games to date?
does it make you want to bowl a whole day worth in a test match ? like is the bowling better the cricket 07 bowling (cause i found that a bit boring and started to simulate it)

Users who are viewing this thread