Review Demo impressions thread

Can Anyone Plz Help me in Taking Catches:doh...What is the Correct Time to Press {E} for a safe catch...Thanks in Advance

^6 run outs of 10. :eek:. This could be a gamekiller. I think transmission games should focus their effort in taking out this bug alone. Please don't let the run out bug ruin what is otherwise an excellent game.

How come, AI has never ran itself out till now for me.. :eek: And yes, I keep missing catches & never got rewards in bowling till now. The game is interesting, let me see if I can get the time to write some reviews. :) I am impressed though with the outcome of such a hard work from transmission. :hpraise

I cant figure out how to leave a delivery. If I use defend then the batsman uses the bat, how do you leave? (on keyboard)

I cant figure out how to leave a delivery. If I use defend then the batsman uses the bat, how do you leave? (on keyboard)

Don't press any button. It will leave the delivery to keeper. That was the only way I have tried :)

Don't press any button. It will leave the delivery to keeper. That was the only way I have tried :)

yea but if you dont press anything they dont duck or sway out of the way of short deliveries and get hit instead.
Surely there is a way to duck bouncers?

yea but if you dont press anything they dont duck or sway out of the way of short deliveries and get hit instead.
Surely there is a way to duck bouncers?

Yes, I haven't tried leaving the bouncers. Instead I went after them and committed suicide. :( I didn't figure out sweep & reverse sweep too. But within the time, I decide the shot to play, ball deceives me. :( More practice is needed I think.

Had an amazing moment earlier when I beat the bat a few times with Graeme Swann, Next over batsman tried to charge me so i quickly changed to an arm ball mid flight and it went under his bat and was stumped.
This game is much more substantive than previous cricket games. EA must be glad they did not release C09, it would have been an embarrassment.

Overall enjoyed the demo so far and am really looking forward to the full version. However, experienced a few disconcerting things about the AI which others have noted -- horrible run outs, very quick scoring rate and no situational batting. Hopefully, these are all artifacts of the demo expander hack that makes the AI confused about the sort of game it's playing.

For example, I just finished a game with the expander on hard. AI (Aus) won the toss and batted on a cloudy day. They were bowled out for 189 in 19 overs - incl 6 run outs! The rest were caught. No lbw's or bowled -- not even a sniff of one. Actually, if it wasn't for run-outs, looks like I'd have them all caught though they'd land up scoring 400+. Also, the AI scoring rate as you can tell was consistently high. Finally, any time a wicket fell, the new batsman hardly settled in. As I said, hopefully these issues won't appear in the final game, or if they do, hope the devs fix it.

Last edited:
Do you guys see swing at all? I batted for about 45 overs and I didn't see much noticable swing. The ball goes dead straight at the start of the game no matter what delivery you choose.

The game became too easy on hard mode :(

I played overnight with the extender and now I am able to score 100 odd runs in the first five overs in hard mode :( I am having a doubt that this game will become like EA cricket 07 where if you play an aerial shot, it is a sure shot boundary.
I just pray the full version is better :(:upray

Just checkout the attached image. It was after 4 overs

Attachments

• untitled.PNG
    untitled.PNG
    81.4 KB · Views: 42

Users who are viewing this thread