Review Demo impressions thread

3/78? It cracks me up that people brag about their runs totals (yes I know it was on easy) but choose to ignore the wickets total. There's no way you can sustain slogging in this game and put up an intimidating total. That's what I am loving about this game - it appears that there are different approaches required to accumulating runs in the longer forms of the game.

Agreed once they get past Flintoff and KP there wont be much left to slog with so 78/3 will turn into 120 all out :rtfl :rtfl :rtfl

Batting does not totaly dominate this time and evem if you get used to the AI on hard, against a human person its a different story all together thankfully :-)

Agreed once they get past Flintoff and KP there wont be much left to slog with so 78/3 will turn into 120 all out :rtfl :rtfl :rtfl

Batting does not totally dominate this time and even if you get used to the AI on hard, against a human person its a different story all together thankfully :-)

yea the animations are different for the tail enders, I can never seem to score a lot of runs with them. I can hit quick boundries off the edges with tail enders though. Had monty go on a rampage, hit 3 boundries in 7 balls but got out defending a few later.

Yeah they dont have as many shots to play as the top order and rightly so, cant wait to rip into some of those tail enders:banana2

Guys i can confirm..... fielders dooo dive to stop ball going over boundary!! :banana2

apologies if u already knew!! :)

The ball always seems to end up gong to Monty in the field so rarely see any dynamic fielding:p

Need to get the full game so I can use South Africa and witness some proper fielding:laugh

^ have not seen it yet, only seen dives in the in field

Just happened ball went down to fine leg... fine leg ran around and slid accross to palm the ball!

looked good!:clap so its definitely there!

They say the AI is not optamised for batting in 3 over demo... i have a feeling alot of the AI is not optamised and we may get a few pleasant suprises come release! :)

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Need to get the full game so I can use South Africa and witness some proper fielding:laugh[/QUOTE]

To Marval at the fielding skills of Hersham Gibal and AD Da Villian?

Thank god for name editor lol!! :rtfl

Right - finally got a few games in lastnight on the PC Demo

Must say I was impressed especially after a moment when i was batting with Bopara and Johnson bowled a jaffa of a delivery right in the corridor, I tried a booming cover drive away from my body and it resulted in a fine nick behind to the keeper. I thought wow as it just looked and felt realistic. I was waiting for moments like this in cricket games for a long time so hopefully this game turns out to be very promising although I need to play a lot more to get a general feel for the game. But 1st impressions are great :)

Really? I have played many games and have never got a fine edge behind to anyone, least of all the keeper. I'm still getting it though, it's the best cricket game for ten years and with luck, the full game will be even better. And then there will be patches (by Transmission hopefully) as well as mods by PC members.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Guys i can confirm..... fielders dooo dive to stop ball going over boundary!! :banana2

apologies if u already knew!! :)

Haven't seen it yet and I've played a long time. We are talking PC version here, aren't we?

demo looks awesome!!!!!!!
just wondering How to take a catch?
I tried several times but no luck :laugh

It's the same button that you press to get a straight ball. Failing that, slap enter.

It's the same button that you press to get a straight ball. Failing that, slap enter.

Do you know how to add/reduce spin/swing using the Xbox 360 pad? It's not the right analogue stick, even though that moves the batsman/adjusts angle of approach which is what Q & E do. It doesn't move the spin/swing cursor, but & E do.

Okay, I've been playing on the demo on Easy, with the Extender patch.. I am always the bowling side

Bare in mind this is on EASY

I bowled Australia out for 124 in 38 overs.. Hughes top scored with 30, Ponting 15, North 20.. A few caught and bowleds, two runouts, one bowled and the rest caught, either behind or in the field..

Broad took 4 wickets, Swann 2

The Good
- Run Rate is good, paces itself nicely for a test match.. Never gets too bogged down and there are a number of different outcomes for the same ball.. Shots never seem to go in the same place, there are no ridiculous sixes behind square leg.. It feels like cricket, and the physics are pretty much spot on
- It looks pretty swish
- Dismissals are varied and interesting.. No more bowling or LBWing everone (BLIC 2005) or everyone being caught without Bowled or LBW (Cricket 2005/2007)
- Tailenders bat like tailenders but don't seem to be pushovers

The bad
The stamina indicator never seems to change, despite bowling Flintoff for 10 overs on the trot
"Fearless" and "Bold", well I'm not sure what that means, but it doesn't seem to change for the batsman, even if he is Peter Siddle getting hit in the face by Flintoff twice in one over..
Bowling is still loopy, not quite sure why people are claiming otherwise

The Ugly
Runouts are horrendously bad, frequent, and there is nothing you can do about them, despite however you set the field. The only solution for me is to save after every over and then reload whenever there is a stupid runout.. It's ridiculously bad and inexcusable..

Verdict
The best cricket game yet IMO, but its seems like Transmission did half their research from the Ashes, and the other from Cricket 2004..

Now I am off to test the game on Medium

Okay, I've been playing on the demo on Easy, with the Extender patch.. I am always the bowling side

Bare in mind this is on EASY

I bowled Australia out for 124 in 38 overs.. Hughes top scored with 30, Ponting 15, North 20.. A few caught and bowleds, two runouts, one bowled and the rest caught, either behind or in the field..

Broad took 4 wickets, Swann 2

The Good
- Run Rate is good, paces itself nicely for a test match.. Never gets too bogged down and there are a number of different outcomes for the same ball.. Shots never seem to go in the same place, there are no ridiculous sixes behind square leg.. It feels like cricket, and the physics are pretty much spot on
- It looks pretty swish
- Dismissals are varied and interesting.. No more bowling or LBWing everone (BLIC 2005) or everyone being caught without Bowled or LBW (Cricket 2005/2007)
- Tailenders bat like tailenders but don't seem to be pushovers

The bad
The stamina indicator never seems to change, despite bowling Flintoff for 10 overs on the trot
"Fearless" and "Bold", well I'm not sure what that means, but it doesn't seem to change for the batsman, even if he is Peter Siddle getting hit in the face by Flintoff twice in one over..
Bowling is still loopy, not quite sure why people are claiming otherwise

The Ugly
Runouts are horrendously bad, frequent, and there is nothing you can do about them, despite however you set the field. The only solution for me is to save after every over and then reload whenever there is a stupid runout.. It's ridiculously bad and inexcusable..

Verdict
The best cricket game yet IMO, but its seems like Transmission did half their research from the Ashes, and the other from Cricket 2004..

Now I am off to test the game on Medium

Sorry, but have I missed something?? Ive scoured the internet all day today and haven't come across one? :spy

:noway

Users who are viewing this thread