Review Demo impressions thread

I think I need to play with the English then. I have no swing bowlers to work with since they took out Hilfy.

And when I hit the bowling meter earlier it still darts into the batter and the speed is basically the same. From what the playtest guys said the bowling meter is used for the quality of the delivery rather than the speed like it usually is.

Have you tried flicking through the different bowling options. Swann has: Arm, Top, Straight and Off on the main menu. Not sure what is on the next menu, didn't look.

There wont be PS3 demo :doh :facepalm

Below is Posted in Codies forum

Hi all,

We realise that a lot of you were looking forward to try an Ashes Cricket 09 demo for PS3, but I am afraid that in this instance there will not be a demo for the PS3.

The game is still being released for PS3 on August 7th, and sorry that this is not the news you were hoping for.

Mods, Since Demo Speculation thread is closed, I'm posting here.

It's me again. When I was batting Mitchell bowled and I hit the bowl hard. I noticed that, when I play any shot, the batsman puts his bat THROUGH the stumps but the stumps don't move, nor is it given out. I guess it's an animation bug, hopefully Transmission & Codies will fix this in the final game.

Then comes the sounds. They're rather disappointing, in my opinion. One sound sounds like I've hit the stumps, while it really was the bat. Another is like hitting the pads, when it was an edge.

The cameras: The camera isn't very good, it focuses on the whole thing with the chasing fielder and the ball, which means that you can't see the ball clearly. Sometimes the ball is completely out of the frame. Oh well, I guess it does add a bit of a feeling that someone is moving and focusing the camera rather than a CPU doing that. :sarcasm

Last edited:
Have you tried flicking through the different bowling options. Swann has: Arm, Top, Straight and Off on the main menu. Not sure what is on the next menu, didn't look.

I've only played as Aus. I don't believe Clarke or North have the straight option and definitely don't have another menu. Will give that a try tomorrow and see how that goes.

i just played two games uptil now and that too on easy mode.I found the controls a bit confusing at start but a bit later i found them to be easy to pick up!

i am just posting my initial thoughts on the game!
first things first! The game runs like a beauty on my 9500GT
I maxed it all(maximum resolution 1280x1024-17'' Monitor) and it runs without a lag!

Coming to the game,here are a few things that i came across:

Pros:
*The catching system! Its just about perfect and im loving it! The third person camera is really good.Even the keeper catches are 3rd person and are really well done

*The fielding! The AI fielding is really up to the mark.I lofted a fullish length delivery and mistimed it,so it went high up in the air and a fielder came running backwards to catch it.He dived full length into the air and got his hands on the ball.But he caught it nicely in the air but after landing on the ground he lost control and left the ball!I was dumbstruck!

*The batting system enables use of 360 degree batting even on a keyboard which is great!!

Cons:
*The AI played a Cut shot to a fullish ball outside offstump and obivously missed it! Even when i choose with auto footwork the AI is going backfoot on yorkers!!

*The Run Outs are there!(Sad to say this) Now one interesting piece of information.The first delivery i played in AC 09,the batsman placed the ball and took two runs! The first one was normal and the second one was suicidal, but luckily he reached safely and both the batsmen stood in their crease.Meanwhile the bowler got hold of the ball and hit the stumps(while both the batsmen were standing still in their crease) and appealed! What next? 3rd Umpire!!!! Wtf??

*The replays and camera angles are not good.I cant see the ball at all!

thats it for now.Off to play it on hard mode now and will post detail review later

i got my first bowled.
i bowled a slow bouncer and ponting bottom edged it on to his stumps :)

There wont be PS3 demo :doh :facepalm

Below is Posted in Codies forum

Hi all,

We realise that a lot of you were looking forward to try an Ashes Cricket 09 demo for PS3, but I am afraid that in this instance there will not be a demo for the PS3.

The game is still being released for PS3 on August 7th, and sorry that this is not the news you were hoping for.

Mods, Since Demo Speculation thread is closed, I'm posting here.

EURGH!!! disgusting specimens

It wasn't too bad a line and length, especially given you only got runs off the one delivery. They were all in the green.

They were all basically yorkers in the game.

Don't let my inability to bat cloud your judgement. :laugh

before the start of play on the 2nd day of this test match i saw an advert for ashes cricket 2009 and it was on foxsports and it said 6th august for release?

before the start of play on the 2nd day of this test match i saw an advert for ashes cricket 2009 and it was on foxsports and it said 6th august for release?

I think for PS3 only :D, as 360 got exclusive rights to the demo? And no demo for the PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread