Review Demo impressions thread

One thing that's annoyed me is the attacking-shot making of AI. The yellow areas (good for bowlers) are actually half-volley length. So a confident batsman plays the half-volley with a normal shot more often (90%) than playing an attacking shot.
But when I'm bowling with a bit of variety in line and length, the AI seems to smack all the balls that are in green zone for 4 or 6! Even though green zone signifies easier shot making for AI I dont think people will be too much happy when they get smacked for boundary every time they pitch in green zone and that too in a test match. Easier normal shot is ok, but lofting it every time is strict no-no. This is especially true for spinners.. I'm geting hammered if I dont bowl in the yello half-volley zone.
It's a 3 over test match and so AI understandbly hasnt been optimized fully so that maybe the reason behind it. Hopefully, in the full game, AI will just play it normally. BTW I've only played in Hard difficulty.

Last edited:
What do we think of the AI pacing?

Is the AI programmed specifically for a 3 over game, in which case it's pretty shoddy but understandable since they're not going to spend too much time on the AI that's only for a demo? I'd rather that be the case than having all test matches like it.

Why do we have no leave button? As far as I can tell, the only way to leave is to not play a shot, in which case the batsman leaves the ball after it's already past him which looks pretty silly. The computer leaves at least (not enough though).

Also, what's the bloody menu/exit button? ESC does nothing.

AI always bowls full. 5/6 balls an over will be full at driveable lengths. I've never been able to play a pull or cut because there simply aren't balls for it. Hopefully this has been fixed.

Overall it's been a pretty underwhelming demo IMO. At least it runs pretty well.

ROFL. :p But then I'm playing on easy

3/78? It cracks me up that people brag about their runs totals (yes I know it was on easy) but choose to ignore the wickets total. There's no way you can sustain slogging in this game and put up an intimidating total. That's what I am loving about this game - it appears that there are different approaches required to accumulating runs in the longer forms of the game.

Uh Oh!!

:eek: I no this has been spoken about however i still find this very worrying!!

Aus: 35-6 off their 3 overs!

Are you ready for the dreaded scorecard!!?

Run Out
Run Out
Run Out
Run Out
Run Out
Run Out

P.S Just on a lighter more exciting not: My fielder just slid to the rope and clawed the ball back!!

Worse than normal... but good surely its an obvious error!!

Anyone had it this bad?

Last edited:
3/78? It cracks me up that people brag about their runs totals (yes I know it was on easy) but choose to ignore the wickets total. There's no way you can sustain slogging in this game and put up an intimidating total. That's what I am loving about this game - it appears that there are different approaches required to accumulating runs in the longer forms of the game.
Actually, I made 0/91 or something, Hughes making 89* off 20 balls (2 no balls) and Katich making 0* from 0 :p I'll try and find the picture

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1473215-post440.html

Was on easy, though, so it doesn't count. :p

Run Out
Run Out
Run Out
Run Out
Run Out
Run Out

Anyone had it this bad?

PC or 360? Crazy run outs dont seem evident in the PC version.

Run Out
Run Out
Run Out
Run Out
Run Out
Run Out

P.S Just on a lighter more exciting not: My fielder just slid to the rope and clawed the ball back!!

Anyone had it this bad
?

No I've not :facepalm Most run outs I've had from the Comp is 1, which has happened twice I think. Only type of wicket I've got though, but I have put down a couple of catches.:noway

PC or 360? Crazy run outs dont seem evident in the PC version.

Thats what i thought!... Iv played the 360 and PC Version to death and all the stupid run out appeared to be on the 360!

However that was on the PC... Strange as as you said i have not had the crazy run outs on the PC!

Almost seems like the computer had a mental game!!?
Im hoping possibly they attempt crazy runs due to the limited over thing? Clutching at straws maybe! :doh

Only type of wicket I've got though, but I have put down a couple of catches.:noway

I have also been fielding as if i have holes in my hand!

However Hughes went back to cut swann and nicked it to keeper!

In the panic and confusion of remembering the catch button and pressing it as quick as possible i nearly launched the laptop off my lap!

However i held onto it! very satisfying dismisall!! :happy

wealey88 added 2 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

The run-out problems better not be in the full game :(.

I can live with everything apart from this!!

Dunno about yourself but nothing worse than the scorecard being littered with run outs during a test match!!

Strange though how many games you get none.... some they seem to loose the plot and go awol!!

Users who are viewing this thread