Story Destined for Glory: The career of James Brown | Predict & Win!

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Introduction

Hi! I'm James Brown. I'm an 19 year old all-rounder who bats right handed and bowls medium fast. I hail from the Southern City of Hobart. I aspire to be a clinical and complete all rounder like Jacques Kallis and set the stage alight in international cricket and make my family and country proud. I also want to get my Baggy Green and feature in an Ashes winning squad. Another dream would be winning the World Cup back for Australia after India won it from us in 2011.

After having a stellar season for the Tasmania U-19 with both bat and ball, where we lifted the Championship. After getting the Man of the Championship award, I was brimming with confidence. I made an appearance for Tasmania the Ryobi cup against NSW as well. Though I didn't get to bat, I chipped in a handy 2/42 with the ball.

It was selection time for the Under 19 World Cup in the UAE. I wasn't quite surprised that I was selected in the squad. What pulled me by surprise was that I was elected the captain of the team! I had pipped contenders like Jaren Morgan and Alex Gregory to the captaincy. It's just a week and we had to leave for the UAE. I had only one target in my mind - To get back the elusive Under-19 World Cup that India had taken from us in 2010! Ending up as runner's up would be a failure for me.
-

Asham

International Coach
Kings XI
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Awesome story Dipak

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Don't set high level target as failure, define failure for you if you don't get selected in team XI. :)

Awesome, good luck Dipak. Will be reading it!

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Don't set high level target as failure, define failure for you if you don't get selected in team XI. :)

Awesome, good luck Dipak. Will be reading it!
I've planned a lot for this story like you. There WILL be ups and downs :)

I would rather phrase it as "it would be a poor world cup for us, even if we finished second"

Last edited:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm very much looking forward to see how this career diary plans out, I'd be very frank with you - they're not easy but if done well they're the most enjoyable to read.

It's good that you have given your player a back story which shall help you to kick-off the initial few updates and more importantly it gives this story the much needed base on which you'll build it up.

Good luck! Looking forward to this. :thumbs

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
A very nice start. Welcome to stories section @Dipak

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Part 1: Under-19 World Cup

Chapter 1: First Match!

So we landed in Dubai, a week prior to the World Cup. Our campaign was slated to begin on the 15th of February when we take on Namibia. We were in Group B with Namibia, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. "Easy group" I told myself. We started practicing, knowing that a good performance over here meant we could be selected to play for our state teams. We practiced hard. The coach kept on yelling at us "Don't think the group is easy, I want you guys to come out of the group with six points out of six"

Then there was just one day remaining. Since it was Valentine's day we all went out with out girlfriends. The sight of Dubai was amazing, at we all were flabbergasted. We visited Burj-al-Arab and Burj-Khalifa as well. We picked up some souvenirs and went to the hotel. News was that England and South Africa had won their openers against West Indies and UAE respectively. We went off the sleep pretty early.

Today was our opening match against Namibia. The coach gave us a pep talk in the morning, following which we were pumped up. It was time for the toss. My opposite number Gerhard Erasmus. The coin was flipped. Heads I called, and heads it was. I'd opted to bowl first. The playing lineups for both sides were as thus:

Then we went on to the field. The national anthem of both sides were played. We felt an immense sense of pride, standing in front of the crowd and singing out national anthem. It gave us a vital boost! It tossed the ball to Walker. It was all about to begin!

Predict & Win Contest

1. How many runs will James Brown score? (20 points for the exact score, 10 points in a 5 run range and 5 points for a 10 run range)

2. How many runs will James Brown concede? (20 points for the exact score, 10 points in a 5 run range and 5 points for a 10 run range)

3. How many wickets will James Brown take? (15 points)

4. How many runs will Namibia score? (25 points for the exact score, 15 points in a 5 run range and 9 points for a 10 run range)

(The winner at the end of the U19 world cup will get 20,000 vCash!)
-

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
What? :O with World Cup ahead in a day, everyone camping out with girl friends? Lucky to have such a coach & lucky team! :p

joejoe018

Associate Cricketer
1. How many runs will James Brown score? 37

2. How many runs will James Brown concede? 48

3. How many wickets will James Brown take? 3

4. How many runs will Namibia score? 201

Last edited:

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
How many runs will James Brown score? <20(to be exact 11)

2. How many runs will James Brown concede? 64(55-65)

3. How many wickets will James Brown take? 1

4. How many runs will Namibia score? 240-250(to be exact 244)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread