Developer's Blog

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
We are starting a blog for you to read with regular posts from project manager Paul Snell (legend_master) and various other people connected with The Art of Cricket's development.

Matt (whitehornmatt) and I have added Paul's first post which you can now comment on. Matt coded the theme and I did the writing. Go to www.theartofcricket.net/blog.php and read it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The blog has gotten off to a decent start, but we need some more posts. So if you have done work for The Art of Cricket or have thoughts about the game's development, we would like to hear from you.
So if you would like to do a post on the blog all you have to do is, Write a post that is 200 words or more about a TAOC related topic (remembering to spell check and proof read, to make my/lee's job easier) and PMing it to me (You can email it to me if you would like, whitehornmatt[AT]gmail[dot]com). You can add images if you would like (just put a link in where you want the image to go).

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Soon I will email a blog entry to you which will just explain how in depth the player attribute stats of the game will be...

(But for now, I must do homework :p)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The game's scout, Manraj Bahra (manee), has written a piece for the Blog about the level of detail it is going into - check it out!

holmie

Club Cricketer
how about all staff can post there so when we make something for the game we can update people. :)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Any staff member can write for it, but we would like to keep editorial control on the blog, although if someone's posts are consistently of good quality they could be given the ability to post themselves.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
LOL, yeah...

Thanks to Lee for kind of polishing it up.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Well as you all know ive been very quiet lately...due to work commitments (and Ashes watching :p ) etc. tho i have still been pottering away with small little bits on the project. I am aware of how development has somewhat grinded to a halt, which is what i am going to rectify right now.

So I am now dedicating the next couple of weeks to working on the game FULL TIME. This means i hope to get a lot accomplished, including new polished player models, including batsmen, bowlers, wicket keeper, fielders and umpires, all integrated into the game, on the field and ready to rock.

The new model is almost complete and is so superior it's not funny...looks much smoother and more realistic and also makes modding a lot easier, due to much better uv mapping and geometry foundations. This means faces and kits are going to be 1000 times better and easier to get right. Previously they would take quite a bit of mucking around to get right....

The new model also allows me to have variable textures for gloves, pads and helmets, which should be really cool. I'm also adding different helmet types and long sleeve shirts are much better than before.

Anyway, enough rattling on, but the upshot is, expect some really cool screenz very soon.

cheers,

p

legend_master

UPDATE & schedule for next couple of weeks:

----------------
----------------

- new player models almost complete
- remaining items to model are: widebrim hat, cap, Baggy Green, Sunnies, hair (several styles), wicketkeeper gloves

- then on to fixing up the existing textures and applying them to the new models, as well as adding a few new ones.

- then models will be adjusted so that there are different builds and heights
- the new batsman and bowler models will be added into to the game engine
- then ill begin animations for fielders and wicketkeeper - once animations are done keeper and fielders will be added to the game engine.
- field placings will be implemented - defaults/presets and customisations.
- keeper/fielder AI will be added

cheers,

LM

holmie

Club Cricketer
ive been working on the Champions Trophy Overlay (new supersports) . have only done on screen so far. ill post a screen when i have a few done. :)

legend_master

holmie said:
ive been working on the Champions Trophy Overlay (new supersports) . have only done on screen so far. ill post a screen when i have a few done. :)

Thanks, mate. I just wanted to again thank everyone helping out for all their hard work and patience hanging around even when i am really quiet...and to everyone in fact who contributes in any way, including all fans just interested and offering their moral support - every bit of support really helps.

:happy :cheers

LM

Users who are viewing this thread