Developer's Blog

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
2 questions and 1 note.

Q1: Will network play be in the game the day it releases or will the game release and you will make an update for the game to be played online?

Q2: Right now when you play the game, do you controll the batsmen and the bowler?

Note: Im resuming my work on the ingame overlay. been busy playing Godfather for ps3. should send you the pngs in a couple of days. and btw please dont leak the overlays. i dont want them to be revealed until the game is released.

1) the plan is on the day its released

2) yes, i control both because the AI has not yet been implemented

no worries.

LM

athkatla

School Cricketer
A quick little update...

Progress is going well ;) i had a massive bug-fix session and have spent ages tweaking the batting/ball physics which has really improved heaps...very happy with things now. Tonight is the official start of getting the fielders to move around. I'm starting with the wicky, getting him to dive, catch, position, whip off bails etc. Once he is done, i'll be doing bowler positioning, backing up and catching/chasing and then all other fielders. I think the fielding AI is going to be a really critical part, so i expect it will take quite a while to get right. But my word, once that aspect is done the game is really getting to the exciting stages. :onpc

After the fielding is complete, i need to work on AI for batting and bowling for when CPU is controlling them. This will be really tough. But after this its almost onto the home stretch - overlays, menus, sounds, stats completion,replays, controllers/gamepads, networking.

I'm hoping to make a nice new video soon. Will show the new mishit and edge system and feature wicket keeper action - so stay tuned ;) Will also try to show more defensive shots including blocks and leaving.

cheers,

LM

Great work man, I admire the way you have stuck at it for all this time. Just take your time and don't stress yourself out. :) I am really looking forward to the game and I'm sure with the dedication you are showing, that it will be well worth waiting for. :cheers

travder92

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
im sure the amount of work going into this will mean it wont need a sequel to fix any bugs or problems.. its going to be the complete cricketing experience right from the install

legend_master

quick update here...

i've been toiling away at my big bug list which i thought was going well 2 weeks ago but then found some glaring problems. So i have managed to get 90% or so through the massive glitches on the current buglist that were staring me in the face. Really annoying because i was super keen to get into the fielder Ai stuff which i've been promising for a while now.

To cut to the chase though, the gameplay has been significantly improved by the bug fixing and is much more polished, which is great. I should in theory be starting the fielder AI this week, assuming no more massive obvious bugs pop up. Sorry for the big delays but better to iron this stuff out now while it's fresh in my mind than later on or not at all like some companies hehe ;)

LM

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Excellent news there Paul. Better yet to learn that you managed to get rid of about 90% of bugs (something that will be miraculous for EA or Codies to manage). Not trying to be too demanding but will it be possible to release a video at this stage?? However I will understand if it's not.

legend_master

quick lil update....

Some great news on the fielder AI progress state - ive finally got the wicky working - moving to, catching and diving for the ball after it passes the bat. Doesn't sound like much but is really a huge step forward, setting the groundwork for all fielder reactions. The keeper was a prototype and based on how well he turned out so far (still fine-tuning a bit) im quite confident the other fielders will also turn out well :)

of course ill release a short video once im happy with the fine-tuning. If i can continue at this rate then the fielding should be completed in a month, which would really be a huge milestone.

LM

rabeta

News Team Member
That is quality news mate, really good work with it, and good luck with the fielders ;)

edx

School Cricketer
Well done LM just keep workin at it and i know you'll produce a top class game.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
How do you make videos. What I mean is, how do you record what you do on the computer?

Users who are viewing this thread