Development Cycle for MegaPatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
sid,only my USA kit is 2GK.
Also USA Kit is the best kit I've done for cricket 2005 till date.
Did u PM me ...I did not get anything.

no,ill ask das to pm u the list as he has it.

Guys im starting to have a concern,each of the pitch mats are around 2mb,kits are atleast 7-8 Mb,tv overlay is 12 mb(according to das).If this keeps up the total size of the mega patch may end up being 40-50MB which will mean that the number of people downloading and using it will drop considerably even though we are divinding it into parts.So pl suggest a solution to this.Personally i wouldnt like to see the size of the patch exceed 20-25MB at the most.

Siddharth

I was saying that it would be 50MB in zipped form itself.Will RAR make it smaller,if yes,How small?

Also another thing-i saw that pitch ads and ropes cant be installed by just extracting to the root folder,a lot of hassle in installing it.So how do we autoextract them for the megapatch.Pl answer both the questions.

Siddharth

even rar is a compressor so the size would definitely decrease, even if it dosent(which is not the case) we have to provide MegaPatch will all patches irrespective of the size...
As for installation, please give details of some patches that dont work by extracting into the main C2k5 folder(also give the details how those patches are installed), and i ill make a separate Installer for it or also we can use some free 3rd party installers(i guess i have 2 of them)

I pm'ed bharat......the list

O guess i have to import pitch ads into the respective fsh and bundle them into the MegaPatch, this would make life simple..

Last edited:
Do u think we shd announce a date of release,a date where we can be certain that we will collect everything by then,im saying this because ppl get a lot more interested and worked up if they know the date of release.

it will be risky though, because we are no way near as far as TV graphics is concerned

I guess we are ready for the megapatch ver 1.0.0. Its about to go into its last phase- the testing, within a few hours the Megapatch will be posted in Patch Forums, for testing and after a few testings are competed the Patch will be released in Public, so guys dont lose hope, Its almost there...........

would it be possible to have a complete list of the items included in the MegaPatch before it's released so we all know what is on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread