Dhoni moves to no.1 in LG Odi rankings for batting

ODIs
42 Matches 1372 runs Highest score 183* Average 52.76 Strike rate 103.00 4's 120 6's 44

His stats speak for himself
a great player

well, pieterson has a better stats..and so does Hussey. Pieterson was in terrific form in the ODI series against India, and he deserves to be in top 5. Same with Dhoni, and Hussey, but Dhoni at no.1 is somewhat not convincing.

Gilchrist must be lucky to be up there in the top 4.

Dhoni has been playing so so well in the past season (the season has ended) and he deserves the top 3 rankings, but i am a bit surprised at him being no.1 . still thats not a fluke. its a reminder of how well he has played.

indeed. Gilly is not in the best form...infact, he's struggled and he's in top 5.

ICC rankings need to be consistent with current situation. If a player is injured/or not playing, his rankings should hurt. If Sachin is not in top 10 for ODI's, i wonder how McGrath stayed in top 10. He was not at his best in the home ODI series against SA.

Pimpsta. He is a good player. India have finally found a good wicket-keeper/batsman after a while, huh.

He needs a haircut.

Hsn said:
Pimpsta. He is a good player. India have finally found a good wicket-keeper/batsman after a while, huh.

He needs a haircut.

Oh! He is so unique for his cool hairstyle. I cant imagine him after having a haircut.

Oh well, sorry for going off topic, nice to Yuvraj among that top 10 list. Wish Sachin comes back roaring into that list. Would be awesome to see 4 indians in that top 10 list!

super Makhaya, the way in which ntini is bowling these days is incredible, just got his 4th ten wicket haul in tests, with the last two in a row, thats ten against the aussies, ten against NZ, ten against england at lords, and 13 against WI, Alan Donald only had three in his carrer. are we going to see ntini at the top of theworld rankings soon, wouldnt bet against it, the man is a fitnes freak, can bowl twenty on the trot at pace, he has come a long way. when he took his ten against NZ, in the post match interviews, when he received the motm award, he said that donald, polly and kallis helped him so much over the years, but now he doesnt need their help anymore, tongue in cheek of course, classic comment

players said:
super Makhaya, the way in which ntini is bowling these days is incredible, just got his 4th ten wicket haul in tests, with the last two in a row, thats ten against the aussies, ten against NZ, ten against england at lords, and 13 against WI, Alan Donald only had three in his carrer. are we going to see ntini at the top of theworld rankings soon, wouldnt bet against it, the man is a fitnes freak, can bowl twenty on the trot at pace, he has come a long way. when he took his ten against NZ, in the post match interviews, when he received the motm award, he said that donald, polly and kallis helped him so much over the years, but now he doesnt need their help anymore, tongue in cheek of course, classic comment
Wow! That whole post was one whole sentence! Amazing......

ronny_kingsley said:
Exactly my point .

How come that now "good for nothing" Gilchrist is at no.3
(if Dhoni is "useless" then Gilchrist is surely "good for nothing" ,considering current form)

you obviously havent been following the Australian ODI games, Gilchrist was superb in the VB series, and a couple of Half-centuries in South Africa is more than adequate.

not sure where u pulled that "good for nothing" comment.

dhoni is over rated no offence. he is a good cricket obviously but he hasnt played any cricket yet. surely he cant be better than people like ponting, pietersen, hussey, gilchrist. seriously i would rank dhoni maybe next to symonds at the most. no more than that.

this icc rating thing can really be a piece of B.S. sometimes.

i know it was the batting rankings, got a bit carried away. i do agree that dhoni is amazing, and of course ponting. i am a south african, and seeing what ponting just did to us, wow! the way in which he took apart our bowling after van der wath chirped him in THAT odi at the wanderers. only for smithy and gibbs to rewrite the history books again. will ponting reach a test avg of 65? hope so.

.::Stevo::. said:
Wow! That whole post was one whole sentence! Amazing......

Well, I actually detected one full stop, but it wasn't followed with a capital :p.
And players, if I was South African, I really wouldn't be wanting Ponting to finish up with an average of 65.....

As a cricket lover I would like Ponting to do well, but as a South African I suppose I shouldn't want that. I saw so much of him in this summer, that I just can't put it past him

Users who are viewing this thread