Dhoni moves to no.1 in LG Odi rankings for batting

cheaterr said:
Allo Dhoni is number 1 man obvious he's better than akamal and r u out of ur sense Dhoni is better than Dravid in wicketkeeping. I agree Kartik is better in wicketkeeping than Dhoni but not dravid. Alllooo go have an eye appointment

i said it before ranking doesnot matter and again your are judging dhoni on his ranking

akmal is better
because ogf his 150 highet test score against englan
i dont think dhoin can make 150 against england and tw one day century in a ow against top qualiy bowling in one day cricket
akmal can play on every kind of pitch ;) not like dhoni who failed on grassy pitch at karchi

dhoni still to prove alot on aus and england pitches

can dhoni bat whole day for his team on 5 day and save test match for india i dont think so because he do not have ability to do that thats where akmal is alot better.....than dhoni

bye bye

good luck to both of them

Last edited by a moderator:
Although feeding the trolls is obviously not recommended as it all too often leads to ones hand being bitten off, also I think this may be going off-topic, but I would certainly rather have Akmal than Dhoni in my team.

I would say Dhoni is definately the more destructive batsman, and in Odi cricket is perhaps more valuable, but for me Akmal is the classier batsman and a far better keeper, possibly one of the better glovemen in this era of keepers having to be able to bat decently and as such only keep decently. I do think Akmal is in line for a far more influencial career than Dhoni, but then having said that Dhoni could well go and do something to prove me wrong like win India the World Cup :p

I don't know where this belief springs from that Dhoni is a bad 'keeper ? As far as I saw, he performed adequately for India in the odi series against England. The only bowler he struggles against is Kumble, and frankly speaking who has kept Kumble properly till date except for Mongia. (Who remains one of the best 'keepers of all time).

Yeah, I don't know where Mongia went, he was the best in the 90s. Dhoni is a good keeper, and doesn't make too many mistakes. Just because his batting caught everyone's eye doesn't make him a bad keeper. To be a good wk-batsman, you need your batting to be noticed and your keeping to go unnoticed, which is what is happening with Dhoni. Let's compare this with the legendary Read-Jones debate. Everybody notices Jones's mistakes and doesn't notice Read's batting too much. Hence, both are inadequate, but let's not go into that debate again.

Users who are viewing this thread