Dhoni vs Bradman

Dhoni or Bradman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
MS Dhoni vs Don Bradman. It's the question on everyones lips. On the one hand you've got a man in MS Dhoni who has done well in ODi's with the bat, has captained well and also keeps wicket, and then in Bradman you've got a man who just batted and captained. Whos the better player?

Gotta be Dhoni for me, he offers far more to the team. Bradman is the slightly better batsman, but Dhoni's got a better captaincy record and more importantly keeps wicket. So for me, forget Bradman, Dhoni's the international cricketer that we should all be bowing down to as one of the greats of the game!

Discuss....Anyone who takes this seriously is an idiot.

Last edited:
To make it one all, you would better try to raise the standard of other person than dropping your own standard, Dan.

I would rather have Bradman averaging 99 per match then a Keeper who bats resonably well.
Dhoni's way out of his depth in this poll.

MS Dhoni vs Don Bradman. It's the question on everyones lips. On the one hand you've got a man in MS Dhoni who has done well in ODi's with the bat, has captained well and also keeps wicket, and then in Bradman you've got a man who just batted and captained. Whos the better player?

Gotta be Dhoni for me, he offers far more to the team. Bradman is the slightly better batsman, but Dhoni's got a better captaincy record and more importantly keeps wicket. So for me, forget Bradman, Dhoni's the international cricketer that we should all be bowing down to as one of the greats of the game!

Discuss....

:rolleyes: Everyone way pulling my leg when i compared Bradman To Sachin, Now King Pieterson(Poor Guy) i think he has lost it. From now on i wont be paying much attention to his post as even criminal court doesnt take these SPECIAL PEOPLE Seriously

max_dillon2007 added 4 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

I think 5-0 Whitewash by India has a qute an effect on his upper part of the body

DHONI HITS SIXES!!!11!!!1!

Has to be Dhoni, Bradman hasn't made a century for at least 50 years.

DHONI HITS SIXES!!!11!!!1!

Has to be Dhoni, Bradman hasn't made a century for at least 50 years.

Yeh, I forgot to add that little fact, Dhoni's scored at least 1 extra hundred compared with Bradman in Test cricket in the last 30 years. Dhoni just offers far more to the team than Bradman ever could, I mean Bradman couldn't keep wicket and lead his Australian team to a T20 World Cup victory. How many times did Bradman's Australia win the T20 World Cup?

Bradman was also never weighed down by these perfectly-paced pitches, heavy bats, and protective gear that Dhoni has had to bear. And he never faced the pressures of ODIs and T20s. Nor did he ever play in India. How can he be compared to Dhoni?

Dhoni plays for India, obviously he's better.

Dhoni can also play ODI cricket, which Bradman couldn't.

Bradman was also never weighed down by these perfectly-paced pitches, heavy bats, and protective gear that Dhoni has had to bear. And he never faced the pressures of ODIs and T20s. Nor did he ever play in India. How can he be compared to Dhoni?

Ah, yes, another fantastic point. Bradman never had to play in the subcontinent, so would probably be rubbish against quality spinners like Ashley Giles and Jason Krejza. If you look at footage as well, the bowlers only look like they're bowling at about 20mph, they're rubbish when compared to class seamers of the modern era like Saj Mahmood and Ajit Agarkar. Dhoni's miles ahead, and is just unlucky that he's been born in the wrong era, if he was playing in the 30's he'd have been averaging about 140 I reckon, awesome player. Just offers so much to the team, how many stumpings did Bradman get in his career?

Easily Dhoni, Bradman was an ok player at best but could he keep aswell as Dhoni, I THINK NOT! :rolleyes:, the real give away is the fact that Dhoni plays for India and thus must be the greatest, Behind Sachin who ofcourse is as untouchable as a boiling stove which has the power to melt peoples hands even if they only touch it for a second.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D (complimentary over use of smileys for the finish)

Themer, don't be an idiot. We're not dragging nationalities into this, this purely a cricket based discussion, discussing who's the best player, not who's from the most prosperous nation.

You're wrong about Sachin as well, as my extensive research proved that Pietersen is a far better player than Sachin will ever be or ever has been.

Dhoni is better T20 playeh!!! so Dhoni is King!!!!!! Dhoni is also betta captain and best in de world so dohni is da best eva, Dhoni faces fasta bowlers so he is betta

Dhoni!! Dhoni!! :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

That was pure sarcasm if anyone is worried here

As you know KP that some, and when I say this I definitely don't mean all, Indian fans fail to even have the decentcy to post anything more coherent than Sachin is god and generally troll this in any thread they can. ;)

Now let's be sensible, and not make this a national thing ;) There are plenty of good Indian members here. However, there are also lots of silly young Indians, who have been brought up by one of the most bias media's in the world. They are just too young and immature to realise this. Be thankful that we have grown up in countries where you are allowed a lot more personal freedom :)

I suppose my overall point here is, two wrongs don't make a right. By them making Cricket Chat worse, surely it is up to us to make sure every thread and post was double what it used to be before.

Oh and btw. I told you so, when I said this would happen a couple of months ago :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread