Dhoni vs Bradman

Dhoni or Bradman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to follow the adage, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I normally try to maintain a fairly high standard of posting in this section of the forum, and feel I have been a decent contributer to this section for a decent time, but recently have just been enjoying making ridiculously outrageous comments, just to read the reactions. Max-Dillon is my favourite member to read the reactions from, the guy has zero grasp on the concept of sarcasm. It's brilliant.

Back on topic though. Dhoni ftw. How many hundreds did Bradman score in Test cricket batting at 7?

No point in being sensible about it, read what Dan put after Discuss :spy

I could just see Precamb swelling up with indignation, in my mind, and pouring forth a torrent of pro India, anti KP remarks ;)

Didn't even see the fecking white text.............

Don't know what you're on about Kev. There's nothing there, unless it's possible to write in invisible ink on this forum.....=/

;)
I'm fairly sure most people won't read this far down the thread before they bite and post some useless dross or another anyhow.

hahaha this poll is laughable bradman was not only the graeatest cricketer ever but without argument the best sportsman ever. No other sport has ever seen someone as far and away better than any of his contemparies.Marradonna and ronnie o sullivan spring to mind yet their oppenants could and can actually compete with them. Sachin Tendulkars average and dhonis barely add together to make bradmans. Also the pace argument is a poor one there has always been rapid bowlers i dont know about you but i wouldnt fancy padding up to face someone like ken farnes, harold larwood or voce in the 30's who all delivered the ball well in to the 90 mph areas. old footage and a different camera angle from modern days maybe make it apear this way.
I wish england had the choice of such a great keeper batsmen as dhoni but he isnt even the best batsmen in his team let alone the best ever.
As for saying his skill with the gloves outweighs the extra average runs id say having bradman is like having two brilliant batsmen. Most keepers will hold catches. not all batsmen will average 50.

Dhoni. Bradman's overrated, Dhoni has a much better Twenty20 record, that's what counts, of course. And where's Bradman's seven-figure IPL contract?

Dhoni is miles ahead. how can you even start such a thread? Its a disgrace for Dhoni to be compared with Bradman :eek:. T20 and IPL are the only things that count. Who cares about a silly average of 99 is test cricket?

Bradman isn't Indian, therefore he is an inferior player, human being,spiritual leader, gentleman, intellectual and far less mannered.

Man i know what's the matter behind opening this thread. Some times people says the post quality are detoriating and the next time, they themselves do the same one.

I normally try to maintain a fairly high standard of posting in this section of the forum, and feel I have been a decent contributer to this section for a decent time, but recently have just been enjoying making ridiculously outrageous comments, just to read the reactions. Max-Dillon is my favourite member to read the reactions from, the guy has zero grasp on the concept of sarcasm. It's brilliant.

funny-monkeyreaction.jpg

Dan, your membership to PCTC Planet Cricket Trollers Club, is currently under processing. Do remember to check in after your infraction/ban.

Can't be arsed to put in a reply to the topic, as that would amount to feeding the troll. Better try next time, Dan. Wannabe.

Silly comparison really.

Dhoni has scored runs against Australia, the best team in the world for the past decade or two. (obviously changing now Dhoni is leading India, as they are going to become number 1 until he retires in the year 2094 when he takes over as coach due to letting the youngsters coming through the ranks play) How many runs did Bradman score against Australia? None. Absolutely none. How can you honestly compare the two when Bradman never made runs against a powerhouse of world cricket in Australia?

A batsman is only as good as his last inning.
But then you're saying that Jason Gillespie is one of the greatest batsmen we've ever seen. And Dhoni scored 60-odd in his last innings, Bradman scored 4. I think we all know, based on the obvious, Dhoni is a fair bit better than 15 times the batsman Bradman was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread