Story DLF IPL - Karmayuddh Takes Longer Version of Battle.[****RCB LIFTS IPL FCC****]{*ENDING STORY*}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
11354106.jpg

topbar-news.gif

Date: February 1st, 2010.
Karmayuddh To take Longer format of Fight: Modi.
lg-share-en.gif

The DLF Indian Premier League commissioner Mr. Lalit Kumar Modi said to media that Indian Premier League 3.0 will have some changes.
According to the reports, he said ,"Well, there would be a major change in the DLF IPL 3.0. We have reduced the schedule and made it in such a way that the IPLT20 tournament scheduled in March - April 2010 will have only 32 Matches held. That Means, one team will play against every team only for once, not Twice like previous seasons. But Instead of those 28 matches, we'll have a First Class Knock Out competition, which will help in increase the popularity of test Cricket. The First Class Tournament will run in Knock Out format as playing each other at least once will take two or three months. We even have a good news that the Matches will even be telecasted on Sony Entertainment television, Sony SAB and Sony PIX. The reason behind this is when the tournament is in initial stages, there would be 4 matches going on at a time and we can't have all the 4 matches run in only one channel. The Schedule will be released later." As he said, there would be four matches running at the same time at the initial stages of the First Class KO cup.

Lalit-Modi3.jpg

Lalit Modi announcing the all new First Class Knock out Championship.

The reduction of number of T20 games even made the Australian Skipper Ricky Ponting move as he said that he'll take part in the IPL. He spoke to Media from Australia after the 5th ODI at Perth against Pakistan. He said , "Well, I announce that I'll be taking part towards Kolkata Knight Riders. Its a fantastic move by Lalit Modi, the arrangement of First Class Knock Out Championship is a good move as it increases the respect of Test Cricket to great extent and playing at India when Indian crowd supports us is totally different from playing at India for Australia. So, I'm waiting for the DLF IPL."

94419_ponting.jpg

Ricky Ponting addressing the media.

The schedule for the First Class Knock Out Championship were set out. The Sawai Man Singh Stadium was not taken into consideration as it din't had Test Match Holding status. Rajasthan Royals were to play against the Deccan Chargers in the opening match at Motera Stadium, Ahemdabad, the Chennai Super Kings were to play against Kolkata Knight Riders at Chennai, Kings XI Punjab were to play against Mumbai Indians at Mohali and the Royal Challengers Bangalore were to play against Delhi Daredevils at Bengaluru.

65407323.jpg

50297746.jpg

Credits:
IPLT20 site overlay: Send2yaari, Thank you.

Last edited:
Good One Binnu!!!! Test Matches in IPL... Great To See Ponting VS Tendulkar Every Year...

Yes i would be intrested in it... That makes more participation...

I would like to have one team too. Sachin should be in my side though. :spy

3 teams more to go.
BTW, I'll have Deccan Chargers, Yudi will of course have Delhi Daredevils and Aditya will have Mumbai Indians.
Rahul and Andrew, put up your team name which you are going to take:)

I will manage Mumbai Indians

:doh

Again Taken

I Will Take

Kings XI Punjab

Teams Taken ATM:
1) Deccan Chargers: ME:D:D
2) Delhi Daredevils: Yudi
3) Mumbai Indians: Aditya
4) Rahulkhush: TBC
5) Aussie Team: TBC

Binnu added 0 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Ah Rahul, Aussie Team picked 1 minute before you. I can't help, pick once again.:)

Sorry Rahul feel for you mate. Was bit quicker then you. Anyway thanks Binnu for confirmation.

Teams Taken ATM:
1) Deccan Chargers: ME
2) Delhi Daredevils: Yudi
3) Mumbai Indians: Aditya
4) Rahulkhush: TBC
5) Aussie Team: Chennai Super Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread