Your Cricket Dodgy Ways You've Got Out

timchrist984

Club Captain
I was opening the batting tonight for my U14 cricket team. I was on 12 when I got a massive outside edge to the keeper (a guy from my school) and the umpire (our team's deaf umpire) gave me not out. After about a minute of the other team trying to get me to walk, the umpire makes us get on with the game. 2 balls later, I let a wide ball go through to the keeper and he throws the ball back at the stumps. My back foot was firmly planted in my crease, but the square leg umpire (the other team's) gave me out stumped. Has anything dodgy like this ever happened to anyone else?

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was given out stumped when the keeper followed me down the pitch during the bowler's delivery stride and got between me and the stumps before the ball was even bowled. I missed my shot and ran into him trying to get back in the crease. Umpires are a joke in junior cricket :p

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Well, when our school was versing another school in a inter-school comp, I got out on a bizzare way, actually I went for a big slog and lost grip of the bat, the bat went behind the stumps and in no-time the Wk of the opposing team kicked it on to the stumps. Dunno what the hell was the square leg umpire doing and I was declared out. Didn't mean a lot though as I am a bowling AR and we were winning.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
well this was realy weird momment of my cricket time it was my school againt another school and a seamer baller balls a short ball im not the champion on the short balls i steped back a bit like try to dodge it my foot touched the wickets but the bails didnt come of and the baller was about to ball just when the bails got off and there was no wind and then i was givven out how strange was this momment for me

mgt98

School Cricketer
One time I was opening the batting and I played forward to one that was just short of a length outside leg stump (left arm bowler - over the wicket). I tried to flick it to fine-leg and I missed it. The keeper caught it and the team appealed. The umpire gave me out. As I was walking off, the umpire told me he wasn't sure if it deviated. :mad

alexczarn

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hit on the body, the ball rolled away on the off side and I absentmindedly wandered out of my crease, the fielder threw down the stumps and RUN OUT!

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Not weird as such, but when i was completing a easy single, i was dawdling because i had hit it to the boundary fielder, he picked it up and threw the stumps down from 65 metres on the bounce and i walked (being the gentleman I am). Great throw and i respect him, not weird but unbelievable for someone to throw down the stumps from 65 metres on the boundary

jimwag007

School Cricketer
rfe

not particulary weird but our team needed 17 with 8 overs left and three wickets still to fall- an easy win we thought. i was batting with no.8 who played a standard foward defense which almost went back on his stumps, after a few seconds of consoltation to himself we shouted RUN just as i started a little chat with the umpire. the keeper walked round the stumps and that was it, ran out. The no.8 then did a similar crazy runout to the no.9 and then lost his wicket going for a reverse sweep

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
The worst moment was playing for my school against other school was on 99 and got run out but what the bowler has kicked the stump and the idiot umpire gives me out and i just left in a shock

RPHKR

National Board President
It's really weird when you're ran out. I get frustrated whenever it happens. :noway

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've had a lot of dodgy decisions, cheating umpires, etc, but probably the wierdest dismissal I've had was when I was playing junior county cricket, and I was given run out for a diamond duck (out 0 off 0 from the first ball of the innings) by the opposition umpire. My bat was grounded in the crease, and about level with the stumps. Might it have had anything to do with us bowling them out for 40?

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I was opening the batting tonight for my U14 cricket team. I was on 12 when I got a massive outside edge to the keeper (a guy from my school) and the umpire (our team's deaf umpire) gave me not out. After about a minute of the other team trying to get me to walk, the umpire makes us get on with the game. 2 balls later, I let a wide ball go through to the keeper and he throws the ball back at the stumps. My back foot was firmly planted in my crease, but the square leg umpire (the other team's) gave me out stumped. Has anything dodgy like this ever happened to anyone else?

You should have walked you dirty cheat... ;)

In standard village fare, we had to have a young lad doing square leg umpiring. Ran a quick two, and had to dive to make my ground, which I did comfortably as the keeper dropped the ball, smashed the stumps with his hands and then picked the ball up again to carry on the appeal that had been begun by the 6 foot tall, possibly 6 foot wide, chap at square leg who had been moved there shortly after we sent out the young lad to umpire. The young lad of about 11, seemed to be caught up in blind panic that such a large man was screaming so vociferously into his face from point blank range that he instinctively put his finger up.

I couldn't really have been more annoyed being triggered so unfairly whilst on 36 off just 5 overs, so I went straight out to umpire and the fat bloke was their main middle overs bowler. Never in my life have I turned down so many appeals, and never again will I say no to something quite so clearly plumb.

Needless to say the game wasn't played in the best of spirits, and knowing that their umpires would cheat, I went out and picked up 6-20 off 11 overs with 5 wickets bowled through the gate after drawing the drive. I wish I could take that pitch with me everywhere, as it literally turned square!

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Well in one interschool game our number 3 (not me) was given out stumped when, off a paceman, he played and missed. He waited a few seconds and, as anyone would, assumed the ball was dead after at least 5 seconds in the keepers gloves. He then proceeds to practice the shot, and the keeper decides to throw the ball at the stumps. it a direct hit and the square leg umpire from the other school gave him out.

In another game I was given out for playing an aggressive shot. We were playing in the rain and I went for a hook shot and the bat slipped out of my hands.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
In regards to the first post.. You should of walked!

If hes a deaf umpire then of course hes not going to hear nicks through to the keeper. You obvi took his deafness for granted and in the spirit of the game you should of walked. Especially if everyones yelling at you. :D

Once I was batting and my partner got given out LBW by one of our own teammates who was filling in to umpire..

Was absolutely plum, straight in front low on the pads. He spat it, stormed in and smashed his bat in the dressing room. Can't blame my mate though, when its out you gotta give it out!

Users who are viewing this thread