Does batting in the nets meet your expectations?

Does batting in the nets meet your expectations?

• It vastly exceeds my expectations

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • It exceeds my expectations

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • It meets my expectations

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • It does not meet my expectations

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • AC13 is better/Martyn/Fonz

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kasabian21

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
As per the title...

I don't have CA so I'd like to know what everyone thinks.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I think it's pretty obvious that it has been a huge success. If you had even skimmed through a couple of threads you'd got that idea and would have prevented you from making this thread.

I think it's pretty obvious that it has been a huge success. If you had even skimmed through a couple of threads you'd got that idea and would have prevented you from making this thread.

Yawn. PC police are here.

Batting in the nets is very good and enjoyable but that's all it is, it's just a net session. It'll be interesting to see how the batting works in an actual match when the pressure is on :)

EDIT: I'm willing to answer any other questions you have unlike the forum moderator wannabe.

Last edited:
In my opinion, Batting is not perfect but it is 10 times better than any previous games we have played. The controls are so intuitive that when i started the nets i played for 10 minutes without using any help. Then i thought about checking out controls. There are some small bugs but I'm sure they will be ironed out by the time game comes out.
We can't thank BA enough for taking such a risk to change the control scheme so drastically. It turned out to be revolutionary and now we look back at previous games and wonder " What the hell was that". They have set a bar and other games now have to follow a control scheme pretty similar to this otherwise people would reject it. :cheers

If people are willing to share, then I take back what I said. I don't shy away from admitting a mistake

In my opinion, the controls are much better than I initially thought they would be, and I thought they would be damn good. It's all very intuitive. I absolutely love it, including all the camera angles, especially the Pro Cam. I can't mention everything, but I love pretty much all of it apart from the lack of advance defense.

I only wish that bobble heads would have been enabled and locked.

I only wish that bobble heads would have been enabled and locked.
I randomly tried typing in a few things like the 'bingo' in case there was a code for it.

That said, I'd be okay if the game didn't let you bobblehead Bradman.

--

I'm certainly happy with the reaction to it being in line with what I got out of playing the game itself, to know that it's not just me being easy to impress.

I did find it a lot easier in the nets demo than on the day to play on the harder settings though - perhaps that's just being able to use the Xbox controller I'm used to instead of a PS3 one or just me getting better with practice.

That could be the reason. XBOX controller was the only good thing about Xbox 360 ;)

For me there are two things to mention:

Firstly, the controls themselves are very good, feel natural etc. this is a big improvement and i like it a lot.

secondly, What is unquestionably great is the ball markers being around the ball. I know some people like to take them off and say that's more "real", but i disagree. In real life you have depth perception etc. which you can't get on a video game. The markers around the ball make you really watch the ball, and on legend where you don't get a line indicator, you can pick up the line as you would in real life. Take off the markers and i find its a bit random as you don't have the depth perception for picking up length. (random as a batting experience, i mean, not that the bowling or anything is more random.)

I don't know how different it will be playing the AI, in whether they will have plans for you, and obviously i don't know what fields i'll face or what "real" pitches will play like, but my only concern is whether it'll be too easy to score. I usually play on legend and feel i can play what you assume would be scoring shots - allowing for field placements - without too much risks or feeling as if "that might have got me out". It's simply not something we can now for sure until we actually play the game though, and given the quality of the general experience i am happy to give them the benefit of any doubt.

Batting in the nets is very good and enjoyable but that's all it is, it's just a net session. It'll be interesting to see how the batting works in an actual match when the pressure is on :)

EDIT: I'm willing to answer any other questions you have unlike the forum moderator wannabe.

And then there's the bowling and fielding as well. We all know that there have been games with amazing batting, but are let down in one of the other two areas. Hopefully that will not be the case with DBC 14. :cheers

Firstly, the controls themselves are very good, feel natural etc. this is a big improvement and i like it a lot.

secondly, What is unquestionably great is the ball markers being around the ball. I know some people like to take them off and say that's more "real", but i disagree. In real life you have depth perception etc. which you can't get on a video game. The markers around the ball make you really watch the ball, and on legend where you don't get a line indicator, you can pick up the line as you would in real life. Take off the markers and i find its a bit random as you don't have the depth perception for picking up length. (random as a batting experience, i mean, not that the bowling or anything is more random.)

I don't know how different it will be playing the AI, in whether they will have plans for you, and obviously i don't know what fields i'll face or what "real" pitches will play like, but my only concern is whether it'll be too easy to score. I usually play on legend and feel i can play what you assume would be scoring shots - allowing for field placements - without too much risks or feeling as if "that might have got me out". It's simply not something we can now for sure until we actually play the game though, and given the quality of the general experience i am happy to give them the benefit of any doubt.

I know that u expect alot from this game, we all do...but considering all the sports games in the past, especially the cricket ones dont u think it all gets way too easy way too fast...its always been the case...
So u may be right but in my opinion db14 offers a much much higher difficulty level comapared to other games simply because of the level and complexity of the controls...even u would have noticed that despite ideal timing u sometimes edge and miss balls, moving the stick that xtra cm might cost u...so it feels like a game where lapses in concentration and overconfidence might easily cost u a wicket just like in the real thing...but thats just how i feel

i thought so too the edges are so nice even ideal timing you can still nick it if you have the wrong footwork.

My 2 cent...

The controls are pretty easy to get use to, however it is very hard to master the shot selection that is due to not having the memory muscles, i.e. likewise in older the game once we know where donut is on the pitch we can keep hitting the same shot again and again, the factor is gone with this batting system.

At times short ball, without realising i am on front foot and can't come back on back as there is no time and ball is already gone.

I agree with blocker when he says that bowling marker is pretty amazing when it comes to picking the length and line, it works and implemented really well, The circles on the ball can vary from being half to even little changes for line.

Colour variation is another good thing on the bowling aspect. It is a well thought out mechanism and if polished and with extra added value it has potential of being the way forward for the cricket games.

Shots are pretty good and for once i can say, if i get out it will be entirely my mistake .

Users who are viewing this thread