Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Congrats Tassie made a good recovery in the first inns and never looked back.
Hilfy blew apart out top order with 4 wickets then Wright cleaned up with 5 wickets. NSW didn't come close to the target and this is Tassie first FC trophy win IIRC.

Well deserved, by far the best team all season. I really like the look of Luke Butterworth, hes nice and tall and more than medium pace from what i saw, and his batting technique is impressive. Also Ben Hilfenhaus 60 wickets for the season, 3rd highest tally ever, can never find enough superlatives to describe this kid.

was merely if say VIncent got injured.[/QUOTE]

Why on earth did I have to say that :noway

I dunno if Tassie were the best team the whole way through, I guess hindsight tells us they were, but Tas vs NSW always looked like a mismatch to me.

On the NSW note, does anyone else find Katich absolutely hates MacGill? It seems when he is captain, MacGill is the fifth or sixth bowler to be used. He's practically their best bowler and I don't see how that's reasonable, it lets top batsmen off the hook.

Mismatch? How so? Batting I would rate NSW ahead of Tassie while bowling would be the opposite.

Katich just seems to be a poor captain full stop, we were much better with Haddin as captain.

The batting isn't better, Tassie might lack internationals, but they bat down to no. 10. They're a slippery beast and they showed it time and time again.

Finnaly Tas have trophy in the cabinet! Well done inbreds:)

Best State Side

Overall since the history of Australian domestic cricket started who is the best state taking into account- Four day, one day, twenty20 and cups?

Mini history of the game!

Here is the history of the 4 day game;
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/260057.html
A quick breif sees NSW stand out the most. Ecspeically between the time of the 53-54 season and the 61-62 season where they won consecutively. WA stand out as well but NSW have the most i believe.
One day history;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_One_Day_Cup
go down and take a look at the teams table chart. WA won 11 and 10 seconds are way in front. NSW have 9 firsts and 6 seconds. So far i would say WA and NSW are tied for the best state.
20/20;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFC_Twenty20_Big_Bash
Vics have won both with TAS once runner up and NSW once runner up
To answer your question i believe the best state in Australian domestic History is NSW due to the huge amount of First class wins probably have 10-15 more wins in the history of the game in all forms.

This season Victoria looked the dominant side for much of the season but their batting lineup failed them without stars Brad Hodge and Cameron White (ODI duty), overall Queensland and New South Wales have tended to be stronger sides in recent years, although Victoria has also been traditionally a good side.

Well in the recent Pura Cup tournament Queensland have no doubt been one of the more stronger teams with NSW struggling a bit more lately.
Victoria have been a generally strong side but have failed to contuine with there seasons it seems.

i think Tasmania's goes good most times but when the internationals come Tassies only got the best international player (ponting) but teams like N.S.W have an awesome line up

Users who are viewing this thread