Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

So NSW are in the final now?...thats pretty gay, better than the vics though i suppose.

Hilf 46 overs...tank. Seriously if he isnt given the 3rd seamer's role in the November tests against Sri Lanka then the selectors are idiots.

I would say Hilfy has it in the bag given the selectors have discarded Dizzy, only threat would be Johnson man love with the selectors.

Well

Clark, Lee, Hilfenhaus, Tait, MacGill, Watson

Those guys for the squad. Damn, and I was hoping there'd be an opening for Dizzy :( Maybe as backup. He just helped bowl South Australia to a win as well. 3/16 in 10 overs. Good stuff. 2 of them were golden ducks for the batsmen. THey were behind after the first innings. Great fightback and captaincy to declare.

Wooohooo Bollinger finally has clicked in a FC match, 5 wickets in the Pura cup final. Awesome stuff!

Tassie 7/225, the two in are building a partnership so we will need them e

Yea go Dougie, Against the bulls in the 4 day match he bowled great with superb bounce, he was keeping thew batsmen guessing, great bowling today aswell.

Looks like Katich let Tassie off the hook. Had them 7/188 but the two all rounders have built a very solid partnership. These two again causing us problems. I see we are playing Hauritz hasn't done much better than Casson so far, would have liked Henriques given a go in another final.

the tailenders helped TAs make a competitive first innings score.

Lambert cleaned up the tail but came a little too late with Tassie making 340. Hilfy was on fire early on which was good to see but now NSW had steady the ship with Jaques and Thornely putting a partnership together.

today has been Hilfy vs Jaques...Hilf was unlucky not to have Jaques earlier who was plumb lbw but Jaques has done well since. Hilfy sconned him on the helmet with a bouncer too.

Not looking good for NSW, ended up 110 behind Tassie. Bowling hasn't been too bad, 5/160 but we need to clean this lower order up before they do what they did last inns.

Yea very impressive all round performance by Butterworth again, must be quickly coming into consideration for Australia. Tassie have batted us out of the Pura cup final, won't be coming back home now :(

For anyone interested, since we don't have our own thread for it, here's the final of the New Zealand domestic season.

http://livescoring.blackcaps.co.nz/nojs/match154/summary/

Papps has had an amazing year. Broken most hundreds record, most runs record, has about a 100 average and has set us up nicely for the win.

I can't wait to see him back for New Zealand in the test arena. He is an exciting talent. We have some opening problems and I rekon he has potential to be one of our best openers ever, still only 26 and has heaps of experiance. Can also wicket keep and slip catch. I'm a big fan.

I'll be looking to Hamish Marshall to step up with the bat. He's bowled a scary amount of overs. Considering ND put us into bat, they seem under-stocked in the bowling department if they needed him for that many. Strangly he's bowled well.

I can't believe he wasn't in our World Cup 30. Majorly overlooked. He's a great One Day player too.

It does in the test arena. The comment for the 30 was merely if say VIncent got injured. Papps in my opinion is the next best option if it happened.

Users who are viewing this thread