Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Harwood joins the raft of bowlers on the outer with a sore arse. Into this crucial match, Victoria take Peter Siddle, Dirk Nannes, Clinton McKay and the spinner Bryce McGain.

Who?

I like McGain and I think McKay's got a a fair talent, but I have doubts over Nannes, he's been around a long time and the only reason he's in is because Harwood, Lewis, Denton, Wise, Cassell and Knowles have been injured. Siddle needs to start producing as well.

Harwood benches his sore bum to join the raft of bowlers on the outer. Into this crucial match, Victoria take Peter Siddle, Dirk Nannes, Clinton McKay and the spinner Bryce McGain.

Who?

I like McGain and I think McKay's got a a fair talent, but I have doubts over Nannes, he's been around a long time and the only reason he's in is because Harwood, Lewis, Denton, Wise, Cassell and Knowles have been injured. Siddle needs to start producing as well.

Been an awesome start for Victoria, Nannes getting 2 wickets with Queensland reduced to 4/46.

No Henriques for our match but Cameron gets another chance, got an early wicket along with Bollinger.

Bollinger was bowling real good against the bulls mastering the unpredictable bounce and beating Broad on numerous occasions and got a wicket with the ball rising on the batsmen :clap

angryangy said:

McKay is a talented player. McGain is alright, but is old. Nannes is fast, but a bit wild. I don't mind him. Gives alot of variety. Just because he is 30, doesnt mean he has been around a long time, only making his debut last season. These days he could have another 5 years left in him if he does well. Bit harsh on Siddle, only played 2 FC matches.

Been a lone inns from Di Venuto, MacGill has picked up the wickets we needed and Cameron has a 3 fer.

I see McDonald got a 6fer for Victoria, awesome effort that. Both Victoria and WA are putting the pressure on NSW to get points out of the match.

cricketmad09 said:
McKay is a talented player. McGain is alright, but is old. Nannes is fast, but a bit wild. I don't mind him. Gives alot of variety. Just because he is 30, doesnt mean he has been around a long time, only making his debut last season. These days he could have another 5 years left in him if he does well. Bit harsh on Siddle, only played 2 FC matches.
My point about Nannes is that he's been around longer than his debut, he doesn't get games because there have always been lots of players in front of him.

With Siddle, so it's tough, that's just what his task was today, with everything to play for. Yeah, he can be forgiven for rookie mistakes, but no amount of pats on the back get you into the final. Luckily for us, the wicket is seaming and Siddle did indeed bowl well.

Our attack was improved by the conditions and able to negate the advantage of Bichel and Noffke, in turn lending it to our superior batsmen. Full credit to them.

NSW all out for 53.....torn apart by Butterworth, Hilfenhaus and Wright.

Luke Butterworth is developing quite nicely now, and he's a natural all-rounder :)

Butterworth has been quite impressive, how quicks he bowl? As cricinfo says hes medium pace.

Our batting has fallen apart at the wrong time too, just when we got our season back on track.

I'm not sure what pace Butterworth bowls, if he's taking as many wickets as he has of late it shouldnt matter all that much. Ive seen him play a few FRC matches and i doubt he would go past 130km.

Well would be interesting seeing if he could make the step up to International level as James Hopes around his pace struggled.

Thornely is back in form again it seems and Forrest carrying on from his debut.

angryangy said:
My point about Nannes is that he's been around longer than his debut, he doesn't get games because there have always been lots of players in front of him.
Ever heard of a little thing called late development? Would say the same thing about Harwood who debuted when he was 25?

Vics need 224 to win
VICTORIA needs 224 to win the Pura Cup cricket match at the Gabba after dismissing Queensland for 269 in their second innings.

Scores: QUEENSLAND 119 and 269 (C Perren 99, A Noffke 53; C McKay 4-42, P Siddle 2-59); VICTORIA 165.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21349710-2882,00.html

Come on Bushrangers!!! and come on Tasmania!?!?! :upray

Users who are viewing this thread