Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

This could be going right down the wire. I wouldn't put my money on either team but Vic have two set batsman going into the last ten. Good comeback by the bowlers to stop Qld getting 300 after a great start provided by Maher.

Wow, Maher still has it in him. A century in a final. Victoria unlucky they didn't win.

Maher has started to hit form at the right time it seems. Congrats to the Bulls, I thought Victoria would have chased that down with their batting lineup but White didn't fire. McDonald a 60 odd not bad, that Nye guy came from nowhere to be in this final and manages 3 wickets.

They did a really good job just to slow the pace down. Hussey was the key wicket and the experience of Bichel came in handy.

White was also a key wicket, if he got going I'm sure Victoria would have won. Bichel is just one of those robots that keeps on going, he would have been more effective than Watson as an all rounder.

We have finally dropped Mail for a youngster. Would have liked Burke but oh well still got a youngster. Too bad Henriques wasn't given a go.

Simon Katich (c), Doug Bollinger, Mark Cameron, Beau Casson, Ed Cowan, Peter Forrest, Phil Jaques, Grant Lambert, Stuart MacGill, Matthew Nicholson, Daniel Smith, Dominic Thornely (12th man to be named)

Lol interesting right now all teams batting are on 128 :)

Good to see Jaques wasn't affected by his recent ODI performance. I hear the Bulls opened with Hopes, you know you got problems when that is happening. Cowan took a long time for his 30 before getting out.

Krejza going well 2/2 after 3 overs, good to see him getting a game.

That's the best possible thing for Jaques to have done because I'm sure his confidence was severley dented in NZ.

Man Ben Hilfenhaus is a beast, bowled 25 overs at 2.34 an over for 2 wickets whilst the other tassie pacemen have bowled 18 overs between them for 1 wicket at a way bigger rpo.

tank.

Just picked up two more, awesome performance by him. Krejza also got another 2 wickets in that inns. I see Cosgrove picked up a 3 bag too :)

Queensland have fought back well in our match after looking like they wouldn't avoid the follow on. Simpson finally has made some runs, Lambert continuing his good form this season with 4 wickets. Bollinger also took 2.

Hilf deserves motm just for bowling 50 overs like that. Without Griffith, the entire attack depends on him being the backbone. Massive responsibility for a veteran of just a couple of seasons, but he's got a gift for it.

Why does Katich score at a faster run-rate in the longer form then in ODI's?

Probably cause it was a flat tracker I think the game before he was something like 10 off 60 balls.

I never even noticed Griffith was gone as Tassie bowling has been really good.

Justin Langer - 99

Aaaaaghhh...Could have had to hundreds in same match! Geez, When was the last time this was done?

Probably by Jaques, Lehmann or Rogers.

Just managed to pip the Bulls for the win looked like we were in real trouble but MacGill came through and knocked the Bulls out of the final.

Users who are viewing this thread