Domestic cricket 06/07 in Australia

Yep hes definitely out of that game, such a shame as he would have even things up for Queensland.

Yet another amazing opening spell of bowling from Dizzy can't see why the selectors have skipped him this summer.
Krejza finally has been given a game, has 15 overs to do something with the bat.

wfdu_ben91 said:
The selectors will rue not taking Jason Gillespie to the Carribbean.

I agree with that, Gillespie is a strange case. He got his chance (albeit against Bangladesh), and took it with both hands and bat. The ideal way to give him another chance was the champions trophy or the chapple-hadlee series, and his performancs in domestic cricket show he's still good enough.

Yeah. The Australian selectors wanted to get younger guys in the team and for the Twenty20 they pick Harwood (or Stickers as he was known for the night) who is about 9 months older then Gillespie. It is a bit strange don't you think? Though Harwood did get me on TV when he got that run-out. Great work mate :D

Picking Harwood was a strange one as I can't really see him getting into either the ODI or Test side. Not cause hes not good enough just cause of his age. They also give Hilfy one ODI where he shines and then chuck him away.

Left_Hander said:
Yeah. The Australian selectors wanted to get younger guys in the team and for the Twenty20 they pick Harwood (or Stickers as he was known for the night) who is about 9 months older then Gillespie. It is a bit strange don't you think? Though Harwood did get me on TV when he got that run-out. Great work mate :D
Harwood had phenomenal twenty20 stats. Hard to ignore that.

cricketmad09 said:
Harwood had phenomenal twenty20 stats. Hard to ignore that.

Play him in Twenty/20 internationals then. I don't think anyone should be picked on Twenty/20 form.

Well hes been going good in the OD arena especially this year. A few more injuries to WC bowlers and he would be in the squad.

I thought it is a bit stupid. Pick him for the Twenty20 and don't play him in the VB Series or the C-H Trophy.

yes that is a bit stupid but they shouldn't pick him onky cuz he did good in the international twenty-20.

irottev said:
Play him in Twenty/20 internationals then. I don't think anyone should be picked on Twenty/20 form.
Not saying playing him. I was justifying his 20/20 selection.

Also, average of 14 and economy rate of 3.85 this season is justification to play him in an ODI.

Also its bad news for Victoria that Mitchell Johnson isnt allowed to play.

Solid start for Queensland in the FRC final. 1/96 after 22 overs. Harwood bowled a tight opening spell.

Solid total. Can be chased, should depend on big things from White and Hussey, but the bulk of the lineup is in form.

Users who are viewing this thread