Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

I can't use the "replace all teams" feature on the ps3, it says my sony entertainment account doesn't have the privileges to do so......can someone help me out with this please?
I had a similar issue on Xbox - I fixed it by changing my account privacy settings. There was an option for user generated content that I had left on 'friends only'.

Not sure of the exact steps on PS3, but take a look in your account settings.

Judging by the slow motion seen online, it should make batting a bit easier?

Also I understand Ross's explanation for it, but how does it compare with say shooters which don't require such a slow down?

Last edited by a moderator:

Also I understand Ross's explanation for it, but how does it compare with say shooters which don't require such a slow down?

Because shooters cheat using elaborate smoke and mirrors. From the sounds of it, this sounds like a much more elegant and fair solution. ;)

Not sure you understand 100%

Batting is always at full speed. The bowler is the only one that's see a slowdown for a small period of time (which does not effect gameplay).

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have to give right analog input before the slowdown or during the slowdown? I struggled with it throughout the match.

what is the exact trigger for batting????????????
is it Right stick or R1/2 or L1/2??????????????pls help
i m nt able to time it

There is a manual and tutorials and dozens of posts on the issue....or dont you have a manual?

We shipped more into India day one than FIFA did on day one and they are all sold out*

*sold out means the distributor has not got any left, as opposed to "sold through" which means the stores have none. There are a few still in the stores but not many.

That's a very good news :) The feedback for the PC version would be even better! Hope this gives you the urge to make more, better cricket games. :)

Not sure you understand 100%

Batting is always at full speed. The bowler is the only one that's see a slowdown for a small period of time (which does not effect gameplay).

Basically if I understood it correct, the play seen by the batting player is slightly delayed than that for the bowling player and then both get calibrated after the pause at the bowling player's end....right :p!!!

Do we have to give right analog input before the slowdown or during the slowdown? I struggled with it throughout the match.

It slows down after all bowling input, less slowdown for spin than for pace.

All games must account for latency across the internet, they cannot be perfectly in sync, it's not possible.

I think you misunderstood my question. I wanted to know that should i wait for the slowdown and then flick right analog stick or i should do it whenever i want.

A question if I may, what is the deal with 'Anticipation' and what is it's effect on gameplay

I think you misunderstood my question. I wanted to know that should i wait for the slowdown and then flick right analog stick or i should do it whenever i want.

Do it whenever you want. Basically after the game has 'got' all the inputs from bowling side it goes into a slowdown.

Users who are viewing this thread