Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

So I think I've got this difficulty level well and truly beat... (another T20). I'll try a 50 over match next.

Standout moments again

1. No crazy C&Bs
  2. I was given out caught behind down the leg side of Jordan, no sound, vibration or deflection. Reviewed it. Hotspot showed an edge. Damnit.
  3. 110 metre six with Christian
  4. England recovered well in the middle of their innings after a collpase. Bopara and Broad slowed down the rate just to consolidate a bit. Felt realistic
  5. In a previous post, I mentioned Jos Buttler went for a sweep off Muirhead, it brushed his gloves and bowled him. Looked really nice

MZHEywb.jpg

1st Innings - England

2nd Innings - Australia

Last edited:
The controls are shown in the options menu bro....check them out! Are you playing the full game or cricket academy beta?

Pressing the 'Select' button quickly shows the control layout. Really useful.

Do AI player's stats change in career mode? Say real life player C. Spin has 100 runs at 20, will his stats change inside that career to reflect his performances?

Also, is there an option to view the different tables in career? I haven't seen the option so far. And can you actually win competitions?

I know these are basic and seemingly obvious questions, but the focus is almost totally on your player, so wanted to see if these things are included.

I think you misunderstood my question. I wanted to know that should i wait for the slowdown and then flick right analog stick or i should do it whenever i want.

The slowdown on the bowling side shouldn't start UNTIL you push up on the Right stick. If it does there is other latency at play.

We don't start the bowler side slowdown until you put your release input in. so you push up whenever you want to.

also, just to clarify on bowling - you should pull down (hold) and the push up on the right stick (don't flick) if that makes sense.

The batting player shouldn't see any slowdown.

We've basically made it so each players interactive element of the game has no delays. the slowdown only happens on the bowler machine AFTER they have completed their input.

May sound stupid but the fact this is still on amateur is really pleasing!!

Just realized that Snowy scored 100 in 6.5 overs. I think I scored 172 in 11.5 overs in my first match on Amateur.

Amateur is really easy to play.

May sound stupid but the fact this is still on amateur is really pleasing!!

The batting got a bit out of hand...Jordan was getting hit everywhere, but there was still the risk of playing a dumb shot.

For bowling, you still have to get it right to get wickets most of the time. They were 2-50 so they weren't doing horribly.

I never touched the game on amateur level. Playing On Pro all the time. I'm quite used to batting, still a long time before i get hang of bowling.:p

The batting got a bit out of hand...Jordan was getting hit everywhere, but there was still the risk of playing a dumb shot.

For bowling, you still have to get it right to get wickets most of the time. They were 2-50 so they weren't doing horribly.

Thats fair enough! Guess its called amateur for a reason ha!

All the brushing the gloves, tickles down leg side, overturned reviews etc are what really excite me!

Hopefully someone will crack on with a 5 day test!!

Hassan?! :)

----------

I never touched the game on amateur level. Playing On Pro all the time. I'm quite used to batting, still a long time before i get hang of bowling.:p

When you say used too, would you be able to grind out 400+ on a tricky pitch is a test?!

Would you be able to slog your way there, or would you loose wickets to regularly?

Thats fair enough! Guess its called amateur for a reason ha!

All the brushing the gloves, tickles down leg side, overturned reviews etc are what really excite me!

Hopefully someone will crack on with a 5 day test!!

Hassan?! :)

Just got this device, so you can expect a test match video series in full HD from tonight. ;)

qR6VAUX.jpg

I scored 211/2 in a ODI match on a crumbling pitch against australia. There was a 190 run partnership between Sachin and Dhoni. But then Dhoni got out due to run out bug and i lost the patience as i was really looking forwards to the 200 runs partnership. Thus started slogging everything and got bowled out for 323.

On another note, Nathan Coulter Nile seem to be rising Ishant sharma in the game. In first ODI, Umesh Yadav smacked him for 5 consecutive sixes and then in second match Sachin scored 6 consecutive 4s of his over. :p

this is why in a patch or future iteration being able to vary difficulty e.g. batting pro, bowling amateur, fielding amateur etc. would be awesome

Users who are viewing this thread