Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

I personally although I understand the colours think green would have been better for a full ball and red for a short ball will yellow/orange in between because that is how I naturally think it would be.

Try being colourblind I cant tell the difference between the green and yellow dileveries makes for interesting batting

Oh man! Now THAT is brutal...

What camera are people using? Is anyone finding that there is a better camera for picking up the different coloured circles - mainly green / yellow? I am using broadcast view and not having much luck....too far away.

Broadcast is horrible. Having tried them all I find the far view behind the batsman the best option, I hear Matt is having some success with the in-close behind the batsman view...

Definitely prefer the far behind and "fielding 1" views in the arcade mode for the best combinations, think if we could get Fielding 1 included for career mode that would be great...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW What else can u say really.

ive been playing since 19:30 uk time and OMG this is such a cool game.

i cant bat for toffee but hey ho

Ross awesome just awesome - Thanks Big Ant

Try being colourblind I cant tell the difference between the green and yellow dileveries makes for interesting batting

We tested with people that were colour blind, we did put some effort in - I know there are different types but I am surprised it's an issue.

I think it probably helps you more there. You only have to worry about two kinds. Red and not red. Not red is front foot and red is back foot.

DBC is excellent, there is so much depth and it has an addictive nature that I've not experienced in a game for quite some time.

The bowling mechanism is engaging and heaps of fun, I never thought I would get so much satisfaction from hitting a consistent line & length. At times, I've genuinely felt as though I was getting into a good rhythm and the consequent build up of pressure has snared me a wicket/the momentum.

On the batting, its a steep learning curve and I'm finding it hard not to pre-meditate front/back foot. Having said that, the timing window for all the inputs feels totally realistic. I love the fact that even playing defensively requires a good level of competence.

With the patches ironing out a few bugs and tweaking difficulty, I think this game has found the right equilibrium between fun & realism. The depth, innovation and longevity of DBC has set a new standard for cricket games.

Congratulations @BigAntStudios

I actually find batting easier without the circles, colours and all the "noise" near the ball.

If you bat from close behind batsman and watch the ball out of the hand (just like real life!) it's a lot better IMO.

Although I haven't faced anyone bowling 150 clicks yet.

I am just in love with this game. Was playing a 3 day game between Maharashtra and Kerala ( Ranji Trophy ). First Innings batting as Maharashtra got bowled out for 190 on the first day. Then the AI batted really well ( partly due to my bad bowling ) to score about 450 runs. To my amusement the AI declared with 10 overs left to play on the 2nd day, pushing for a win. Giving me 100 overs to survive. I started playing with a mix of caution and attack, made 79/1 from the first 20 overs. Then lost wickets due to a huge batting collapse. It just felt soo realistic. Just Awesome!!

To improve batting, playing test match Aus vs SAF. Bowled them out cheaply.. batting is really quite easy on Pro. Just had a LBW decision appealed by SAF and the Ump gave it out.. but I knew I nicked it. DRS showed the glowing hotspot and was reversed.. schweeeet.

We tested with people that were colour blind, we did put some effort in - I know there are different types but I am surprised it's an issue.

This is sort of funny. Virtually no-one with color blindness of any form is ok with red/green/yellow. Thats why traffic lights have to be uniform in there design or differentiated some other way.

I dont think you could have picked a worse color combination. However in your defense I dont think you could have picked an idea combination either.

If you want to solve it you should probably make them shapes as well, green triangle, red circle, yellow square or something

----------

.. batting is really quite easy on Pro.

...no, it isnt.

A final update on my current Test match. Zimbabwe (Me) v Bangladesh (AI) Amateur difficulty.

gABuXE2.jpg

I feel very comfortable bowling with the spinners, although i'm guessing PRO difficulty will be a lot harder.

Match summary:

L5shhic.jpg

So a comprehensive victory in my first ever match in DBC14 :cheers Although, I am very disappointed with my batting collapse in the second innings.

Amateur is far too easy for me so i'm stepping up to PRO for my next match.

Am i the only one finding it difficult to get edges played 2 or 3 test matches in a rown and im beating the bat a lot but only had a couple of snicks.

Also finding it difficult bowling on career as the ai seem to have little respect for good bowling. There is a lack of consistency a few deliveries will be played on merit and then ill bowl a few more accurate deliveries that get smashed around.

Yea its ok bigant ive grown up with it all my life I see colours but I cannot see shades and when they come close together esp yellow and the greeny colour it just looks like one I cant remember what its called but its nearly one step down from being fully colourblind

Users who are viewing this thread