Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Well despite a lot of posts that people are not seeing edges to slip last night I took 2 wickets with catches to 2nd slip in consecutive overs. Of course the keeper dived for it but it was out of reach and 2nd slip took it. It appears there's no much point in having a 1st slip as the keeper will always take a catch in front of him, but 2nd slip may be just of out the keeper's reach.

I do wish it was possible to change the difficulty for bowling and batting rather than having to do the same. I'm still struggling batting on amateur as playing 50 over games I'm consistently bowled out for 140-150 in 30 overs. But then I bowl the AI out for 50-60 anyway.

Also has anyone had the AI win the toss in a casual game? I'm still yet to lose one.

Well despite a lot of posts that people are not seeing edges to slip last night I took 2 wickets with catches to 2nd slip in consecutive overs. Of course the keeper dived for it but it was out of reach and 2nd slip took it. It appears there's no much point in having a 1st slip as the keeper will always take a catch in front of him, but 2nd slip may be just of out the keeper's reach.

I do wish it was possible to change the difficulty for bowling and batting rather than having to do the same. I'm still struggling batting on amateur as playing 50 over games I'm consistently bowled out for 140-150 in 30 overs. But then I bowl the AI out for 50-60 anyway.

Also has anyone had the AI win the toss in a casual game? I'm still yet to lose one.

I got 3 to the wicketkeeper before work but i have had games where haddin has had nothing for like 2 games. Also the pace and bounce is all over the place. Hoping for a fix soon.:spy

I've played two casual games and the AI won one of the tosses

I just played at Five5 match as Pakistan vs Zimbabwe just randomly and the match was delayed by rain, and it turned into a 3 overs aside. I batted first hit 39 runs and then Zimb needed 42 to win due to D/L. I won by 7 runs!! Was a action packed match!! Loving this game:thumbs

When i try and downlaod best teams after starting the game it says the don bradman academy is unavialable. any idea why?

Started another Test match but this time on PRO difficulty. West Indies (AI) v Zimbabwe (Me).

Well I will start off by saying that I was under the impression that the bowling assistance hud was turned off in PRO difficulty but I was wrong and it's still there although the 'green zone' is considerably smaller.

Won the toss and decided to bat first, got bowled out for 100 :facepalm I lost concentration on many occasions which lead to wickets falling.

jwSTtmO.jpg

Now here is my biggest concern. The AI in Test matches are too aggressive and continue to get out for cheap scores (Maybe i'm just too good?)

sWbKfjV.jpg

It's only Tea on day 1 and I can see this match going the same way as my last one. Looks like i'll be bumping it up to the next difficulty in my next match.

Also regarding the bowling, I set all my 3 pace bowlers to have max fitness stats and still their speeds continue to drop after each delivery.

When i try and downlaod best teams after starting the game it says the don bradman academy is unavialable. any idea why?
A few people were reporting a team sharing problem - so it's probably down to try and fix that.

Started another Test match but this time on PRO difficulty. West Indies (AI) v Zimbabwe (Me).

Well I will start off by saying that I was under the impression that the bowling assistance hud was turned off in PRO difficulty but I was wrong and it's still there although the 'green zone' is considerably smaller.

Won the toss and decided to bat first, got bowled out for 100 :facepalm I lost concentration on many occasions which lead to wickets falling.

jwSTtmO.jpg

Now here is my biggest concern. The AI in Test matches are too aggressive and continue to get out for cheap scores (Maybe i'm just too good?)

sWbKfjV.jpg

It's only Tea on day 1 and I can see this match going the same way as my last one. Looks like i'll be bumping it up to the next difficulty in my next match.

Also regarding the bowling, I set all my 3 pace bowlers to have max fitness stats and still their speeds continue to drop after each delivery.
Don't know how you've got that low a score bowling... I've got India 300+/8 after 85 overs. Also played an ODI and had South Africa 288/9 off 50. (Haven't batted in the other game as i'm shit and the run out bug gets me too often)

I have been rolling the AI out too on pro, they just play sensible then the most outrageous shots! International sides being blown out for less than 200 in a test is rare really! Hopefully on veteran 300 plus occurs frequently more

And just to add by no means am i complaining as i think the game is superb. Just when you want that bit of realism you wanna see declarations and AI maybe on a flat deck batting you out of the game etc!

Personally gameplay wise there isnt much more id ask for! End of the day its a game and a very good one at that!

Last edited:
Don't want to seem like i'm complaining but would it be possible to make block R3? That way you would only have to worry about using the analogue sticks if you were trying to build a innings. Also i find it very annoying when i go to drive something and accidentally hit R3 and get bowled or LBW.

I have pressed the R3 button accidently so many times that I opened the controller and tried to reduce or block R3 function if possible. Now I have screwed up the controller and have to buy a new one.

Ross, can you do something here lije reducing R3 sensitivity?

Anyone? Any ideas?

First of all generally this game is excellent, especially when playing against friends.

However, on PRO level the AI is way to aggressive when they are batting, they play the most outrageous shots and do not take the match situation into account. I am hoping that in future patches the AI aggression can be toned down a little.

First of all generally this game is excellent, especially when playing against friends.

However, on PRO level the AI is way to aggressive when they are batting, they play the most outrageous shots and do not take the match situation into account. I am hoping that in future patches the AI aggression can be toned down a little.

Yea observed that in some videos, but don't know if that has to do with some other factors.

Users who are viewing this thread