Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Two moments stand out for me so far!
The first was taking a spectacular diving catch running with the flight and the satisfaction at knowing that you were the one that pulled it off!
The second was a ball that the AI smashed to second slip! The player took the catch easy and I pressed X to get to the next batter etc, but the umpire hadn't actually given him out! And the worst part was that I didn't appeal because I thought naturally that I would be into the next batsman! My own Stuart Broad moment! How cool! And the bastard didn't even have the decency to walk ahaha
Still can't get over though how much detail is in this cricket game! It really does feel like a 'real' cricketing experience!
Thanks heaps BigAnt, Don Bradman Cricket 14 is amazing! Everything I hoped it would be and more!

Cool, about to have diner. Will come online in about an hour. You keep on practicing.

If IVG video is up you would know you dont need much practise. :spy

----------

has anyone played with any of the historic teams? how does the kit look?

I Played one against Indian All Time XI. The kits were decent but helmets look funny. Its as if you took some cooking pot instead of helmets :p

----------

Two moments stand out for me so far!
The first was taking a spectacular diving catch running with the flight and the satisfaction at knowing that you were the one that pulled it off!
The second was a ball that the AI smashed to second slip! The player took the catch easy and I pressed X to get to the next batter etc, but the umpire hadn't actually given him out! And the worst part was that I didn't appeal because I thought naturally that I would be into the next batsman! My own Stuart Broad moment! How cool! And the bastard didn't even have the decency to walk ahaha
Still can't get over though how much detail is in this cricket game! It really does feel like a 'real' cricketing experience!
Thanks heaps BigAnt, Don Bradman Cricket 14 is amazing! Everything I hoped it would be and more!

It appears that spin bowling is creating most of these amazing moments. I was bowling with a leg spinner on a dusty pitch. I managed to bowl a ripper which pitch on middle and turned a lot. Right handed batsman tried to play it on the leg side thus got a leading edge which flew towards the 1st slip. I thought i had it under control and flicked the right analog stick to catch but ball flew past fingertips of slip fielder as he jumped. That is when i realized that i was supposed to move the fielder slightly backwards and then attempt the catch.
Bravo Bigant. The game keeps on surprising us everyday. :clap

I saw a India vs sa one which was from one of the users of the site. Even in that vid the hotspot was a liiitttttlee off. But the game looks awesome as it :D

That's because BigAnt are going for realism.

Hotspot cant be trusted

Game is tweaking unreal. Got Shane Watson lbw twice in two matches and he didn't even reviewed once. Absolutely ridiculous. single foolish game will not succeed. :p

I got my game late tonight, it's awesome!

Can I ask what difficulty level people are playing with? Batting is great in veteran and legend but I'm finding bowling real difficult!

Has anyone figured out any way to call the keeper a few steps up? I can swear i have seen AI keeper collecting balls head high because he was closer to the stumps. On the same pitch my keeper is so deep that balls are reaching him on second bounce.

I got my game late tonight, it's awesome!

Can I ask what difficulty level people are playing with? Batting is great in veteran and legend but I'm finding bowling real difficult!

Pro and it's hard on that level, the other two no way.:noway

Played online against Sami. Such a laggy experience! I hope this was just because of network issues..

Sami, I've saved the game btw, in case you want to complete later.

Unless I'm really comfortable on Pro, I wont move on to next level. In batting I'm already comfortable purely because AI bowls too much on leg stump. Once patch comes in that too could become difficult.

----------

ANGRYPIXEL how many stadiums are present in the game? can you post the list of stadiums:yes

13 i think. This was answered months before the release though :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread