Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Another question I have - does each umpire vary in personality? Some umpires have trigger fingers, others like Biggs seem to have their hand tied behind their backs

Just playing my first career game. and finding running when i'm the non striker hard. does anyone know how you can find out where all the fielders are while at the non strikers end?

Just playing my first career game. and finding running when i'm the non striker hard. does anyone know how you can find out where all the fielders are while at the non strikers end?

Just go to options, camera, running camera to broadcast.

@blockerdave umpiring too, by the way... Comes preset on the disc as an umpire, pretty awesome. I know he and @Ross have fallen out, but still... His hat cracks me up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 104
Any chance of a fielding graphic on one of the patches?
I find that I'm constantly hitting in the air to fieldsmen cause I either can't see them out on the boundary fence or the field has changed from the ball before without my knowledge, would be quite helpful!

@Dutch picked up @BigAntStudios first ball, royal golden duck. We needed 20 off the last over to win and... WE GOT 19 with Matt getting run out one-short of the 20 runs. Literally had my heart pumping as if it was a real game!! Absolutely ridiculous...

Barmy bowls the super over and gets Ross for ANOTHER first ball duck,

Wrong format, to report obviously glaring bugs see your own signature...

Finding veteran difficulty the best at the moment. Bowling is way too easy in Pro. Wickets are too easy to pick up. In veteran bowling seems more fair. With batting the step up to veteran isn't very hard. In fact I'm finding it easier to make runs in veteran than in Pro. Just got my highest team score.

Finding veteran difficulty the best at the moment. Bowling is way too easy in Pro. Wickets are too easy to pick up. In veteran bowling seems more fair. With batting the step up to veteran isn't very hard. In fact I'm finding it easier to make runs in veteran than in Pro. Just got my highest team score.

Well you are Mitchell Johnson I bet it is easy bowling.

Pretty sure a lot of people are finding they are picking up 5-fors quite frequently, as opposed to making tons. Seems to be a bit of an imbalance with the difficulty levels.

Couple more things I've noticed/love

• Bats get gradually more ball marks (cherry's) the longer you bat
  • Advancing down the wicket is vastly improved from the Academy, have had a couple of great little sequences, my favorite being hitting the ball directly at the spinner only for him to throw the ball right at me/stumps forcing me back into the crease after advancing!
  • Batting is really difficult, especially in career mode. Have only just started, but still haven't got to 20! In comparison, bowling spin seems reasonably easy (whereas, facing it as a batsman it's not) so far loving the challenge of batting in career mode.
  • Stadiums are beautiful to look at and enjoy, perhaps a few too many cutscenes of them though during an over, would prefer to get through the whole over without seeing a "stadium shot" - less is more

A few things I didn't see mentioned in the controls layout:

While batting:

- Press triangle or circle buttons and the batsman while raise his bat either straight or too the off side.
- Press the right stick in the center and you will see the bowler's strength and weakness.

Still no button/option to find out current weather/pitch report.

Also, this was my match today: Five 5 on Pro against the AI. My batting and spin bowling has improved a lot but fast bowling is still difficult to get on target.

Umar Gul's economy rate was as bad as in real and I bowled a lot of no balls and also dropped 2 catches and took 2 (off a free hit and a no ball) in the over. When bowling with spinners, I really put them under pressure and when they couldn't score runs, I got a run out. If I had scored 10/over, I might have been in a winning position when bowling with mostly spinners.

H3o0aW1.jpg

One of the team members behind DBC 14 also found me on Instagram and left comments. Pretty cool! :D

Check it out Instagram

Going to get a capture card today and start making high quality videos. :D

So then, I figure boo. Lame draw and the commentary lets me know about a SUPER OVER! Holy Zeus' crotch on fire IVE GOT THIS, stay in the shed boys... So Biggs walks out and smashes a mother lovin' this guy got this shit 19 RUNS off the BigAnt super over!

For the super over can you change the opening batsmen?

Sounds like a sweet game!

Users who are viewing this thread