Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the game on steam. Got a question regarding online mode is it fast when we try to play a match ? Took me a long time to get in to a match with an online opponent

Wait To Exit Stuck Please Help Me How i Can Fix It?
My Steam ID [email protected]

darkvegeta_7

Yep, got you on the database as above, buying the game will help. Rain rain go away.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Shooting fish in a barrel...

Hello Guys-

Been searching this forum for the info I seek. This thread looked dot closer so I'm gonna ask my query here, hope it's not a wrong place.

I am confused and I don't want to but the game from Steam, firstly and most importantly, it will be like ages to download at my pc with my internet speed, and also, I've never used Steam before, so I suppose the downloaded game needs to be backed up by myself as well for later use when someday if I format my pc, right?.
The Online retailers like EBay/Flipkart are offerring higher amount but have some extra goodies with that :-) .. I'm thinking to go with Online retailers, though, what precisely I wanted to know before that was, if there will be any "limitation" as such that I would not be able to download Patches or some online stuff works only good with Steam but not the Boxed purchase of the game? Any advice here guys, anything else to look out for before I buy it online and not Steam?

Also, if I buy an original boxed Game DVD, and not from Steam, will I be able to get online on the "DBC 14 Downloads Forum"?

Last edited:
Hello Guys-

Been searching this forum for the info I seek. This thread looked dot closer so I'm gonna ask my query here, hope it's not a wrong place.

I am confused and I don't want to but the game from Steam, firstly and most importantly, it will be like ages to download at my pc with my internet speed, and also, I've never used Steam before, so I suppose the downloaded game needs to be backed up by myself as well for later use when someday if I format my pc, right?.
The Online retailers like EBay/Flipkart are offerring higher amount but have some extra goodies with that :-) .. I'm thinking to go with Online retailers, though, what precisely I wanted to know before that was, if there will be any "limitation" as such that I would not be able to download Patches or some online stuff works only good with Steam but not the Boxed purchase of the game? Any advice here guys, anything else to look out for before I buy it online and not Steam?

The boxed version is essentially just the Steam version pre-downloaded onto a disc for you along with an activation code.

The game requires Steam regardless - Steam is software that keeps a digital collection of games you buy for or on Steam, games you buy are tied to an account that you log in to, and are there for you to re-download at any time, or can be backed up to disc. The software also handles updates for games, and manages most of the online functions.

Your copy of the game gets tied to the Steam account rather than a particular PC - so it doesn't matter if you format it, or you want to use a different machine. You also don't need to leave the disc in the drive or anything, just you'll need an internet connection to sign in to Steam to have it check your account.

DBC14's download from Steam is around 1.8GB - so it's basically up to you whether that download size is manageable, or that you'd rather pay extra for a disc to save that download time.

Thanks for the reply @MattW ... Well, though in earlier release days, it was way big the difference, but today, from Steam as well, I've to shell out like 3100 INR and it would cost around 3300 INR from online retailers, so it is marginal I would say ...

And thanks for the clarification, sorry but I had to ask, plz don't mind. Without steam purchase, I would simply buy it from online retailer site, and then only download Steam App and it will ask me to register the game on steam right? I think I need Steam ID to login and download various Mods from DBC Downloads forums?

And you have mentioned very important thing here, you mentioned that with Steam's version I'll not need a disk to play but with Boxed version I'll need a disc to play otherwise it will not play, is that so, then I think it is a big disadvantage here.

And thanks for the clarification, sorry but I had to ask, plz don't mind. Without steam purchase, I would simply buy it from online retailer site, and then only download Steam App and it will ask me to register the game on steam right? I think I need Steam ID to login and download various Mods from DBC Downloads forums?
The installer will guide you through the process of setting up the account, installing Steam, etc. Just put it in your PC and do the autorun.

And you have mentioned very important thing here, you mentioned that with Steam's version I'll not need a disk to play but with Boxed version I'll need a disc to play otherwise it will not play, is that so, then I think it is a big disadvantage here.
There's no 'Steam' version and 'Boxed' version - you're getting a Steam version in a box. As such they are functionally identical. Steam games are tied to your account login, not discs.

To be clear, you won't need the disk to play after the install and activation on Steam.

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. I'm gonna buy it from steam then, much better deal :-) ...

Warning applied until purchase can be verified
Can anyone give me the steam id of dbc 14 please? I didn't buy the game from steam (from a shop instead) and now I can't update my teams.
So please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread