Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross in the near future would you be interested in the Ashes licence for future games, meaning if say by the next ashes it's up for grabs and we all know it will be.

We are going turn Don Bradman into THE cricket license that surpasses all others.

Haven't you realised from the AC13 debacle how restrictive licenses are?
I've pointed before to the comparative flexibility that Cricket 07's built in player editor had despite the Ashes license - it's obviously a problem that can be solved.

Big Ant would just need to make it clear that the Academy is one of their key features and that their negotiations would start with that continuing flexibility.

We are going turn Don Bradman into THE cricket license that surpasses all others.

Sounds great Ross, I know how limited licence can be but DBC 18 Ashes edition has a nice ring to it. PS Maybe you would get it for say 30% off the total bill or something.:p

Most correct post on the topic so far.

Thank you. When the premiere was finished and you did not announce a release date it all started to make sense.

I am like all others on here frustrated that we don't have a game yet, but I know the more profitable you are with this game:

-the better the chance for a sequel
-more features can be added in future
-more licenses can be added
-in short - better cricket games in future.

So yes my post might have been like chess commentary, but you are the one playing the chess game. Each move you put AC13 in check and they retreated.

And like in a chess game you are thinking about the future. Always be a few moves ahead.

I've pointed before to the comparative flexibility that Cricket 07's built in player editor had despite the Ashes license - it's obviously a problem that can be solved.

Big Ant would just need to make it clear that the Academy is one of their key features and that their negotiations would start with that continuing flexibility.

Yes the Ashes licence is a great licence as simple as that and we all know how Trickstar treated them. The future looks bright.:clap

Haven't you realised from the AC13 debacle how restrictive licenses are?

Alex Doolan nearly played in this 1st Test, and he won't even be licensed in the game releasing on Friday.

Alex Doolan is already on the Cricket Academy.

No doubt kits would be nice...but player licenses are just far too restrictive

I agree. Licenses should either be like Fifa where all players from all clubs in the game are licensed, or it should be like how it is in DBC14 where in the cricket academy you can make any player you wish to and have ways to assign them similar commentary names, individual kits etc.

Only thing that I wish was licensed in this game is the official kits for all countries. Or even better would be a more detailed kit editor in which we can assign logos and sponsor tags.

Only thing that I wish was licensed in this game is the official kits for all countries.

Pointless when you see how frequently the kits change these days. Money put on any sort of license is money wasted in my opinion.

Pointless when you see how frequently the kits change these days. Money put on any sort of license is money wasted in my opinion.

Agreed....thats why I said the other option is even better where we can create our own kits with out custom logos and sponsor tags :) (though I understand there needs to be some mechanism to monitor the content being uploaded to retain the PEGI rating)!

couldn't agree more. when you have a feature like Cricket Academy, licenses - even unrestricted licenses - are redundant.

especially once DBC is out and established, as Ross is aiming for, as THE cricket game, they won't need licenses to sell future iterations, the quality and reputation of previous games does that.

spend the money on developing the game, spend the money on improving commentary...

Not when it's the license which sells the game.

However, As others have pointed out, once the DBC brand has been established (which would be the case with the release of DBC14), people would not need or want any special license when they would be able to create/download all the content they need at a click of a button :)!

Maybe an overall ICC licence would be beneficial for tournaments etc but CA had already demonstrated that there is no need for a licence covering names and likenesses.

Maybe an overall ICC licence would be beneficial for tournaments etc but CA had already demonstrated that there is no need for a licence covering names and likenesses.

you can create a tournament in CA, and call it what you want. do we really need a logo that'll be out of date the second the tournament is over?

Getting licenses for anything that can be made in CA would be a waste of money. Somebody is going to make it there if they can. The problem lies with commentary. It would be better to hear the commentators say Chennai Super Kings than just Chennai (or whatever other name). I presume you are going to require the license for that.

Licensed stadiums would be nice. If there was a stadium editor these could probably be built but you want to hear the commentators say welcome to Lord's or this or that stadium.

And a license for the ashes would be nice, I am from South Africa but every now and then you want to play for the Ashes. (This can also be obtained to completely wipe out the other game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread